Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Well trent how are you going to convince fans you are a good choice?"

"By announcing the signing of sam burgess and Martin Tapau on 3 year deals"

In my dreams!:(

Spoke well on chanel 9 news. Acknowledged that manly have very passionate fans that expect success and feels like he can bring that back to the club. Also acknowledge tooves as a successful coach and is very excited about working with such a successful team like manly, and can't wait to work with DCE. Of all the players, he feels he can take dce game to another level and build the team around him like thurston and the Cowboys. I for one am excited about what trent can bring. I always thought he was a champion 5/8 and will bring a lot to dce running and passing game
Good work simon.

Sorry but can't see him lasting, he reminds me of Brian Smith in the personality dept. Whether he can be a good communicator for the team and get the results remain to be seen

I shed a tear tonight at the thought of Tooves being shafted for an inexperienced coach that's not a Manly insider.Im worried that they think the best way to support a rookie coach is to have Cartwright as his sidekick.And other than Parcell,the players signed don't fulfill me with any confidence

I shed a tear tonight at the thought of Tooves being shafted for an inexperienced coach that's not a Manly insider.Im worried that they think the best way to support a rookie coach is to have Cartwright as his sidekick.And other than Parcell,the players signed don't fulfill me with any confidence
Only hiring "Manly insiders" as head coaches is a pretty stupid concept.

Insiders would be good however aside from Tooves who would you suggest?

John walker would make the tenth signing Trent is talking about.. That may mean we're not in the market anymore for next year

The best thing he said on NRL360 was his reference to there being some defensive issues that needed addressing.

Thank you.

I got tired of watching us leave 20m corridors for wingers to run down and then listening to all and sundry scream at Hiku for not knowing how to defend.

I watched NRL 360 tonight with interest to see what Trent Barrett was going to say. My first reaction was he seemed quite softly spoken and a touch tentative. I think this is completely to be expected so soon after Tooves being shafted, I got the feeling (just a feeling, I'm probably way off the mark) that he didn't want to appear like he'd stormed in and started making massive decisions/changes/upheaval. It more seemed like he just wanted to kick things off in the media/pr department to show us he's started off.

I did like the way he spoke about Snake, Skivvi and Killer, and how just because they are the other side of 30 they can't be rejuvenated and go from 2 premiership rings to 3. However of course talk is cheap, and what will count is results. And I also got the impression that he is under no illusions that if he doesn't show an improvement on this year, he's position is very shaky.

Good luck. I wish you massive success!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4