Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Happily Manly" ....of those players you mentioned who would be in your run on side tomorrow for the Eagles.
I don't have any idea who they are, so the trials will be interesting.@:)
I will watch the QLD GF replay on Wednesday to see Parcell in action in a pressure game.
Fabian I recall was a good little NYC player, but we let him go so he could have regressed.
Darcy needs a huge attitude change to be effective IMO.

I am concerned about Api's mental health though. Having lost a few close to me through illness, really made me review my priorities - and work was not one of them.

I can not fathom how one can sustain the 'win at all costs' attitude of sports, when he returns home to an empty house :(

If the Manly hierarchy disengage from the football operations, we should have an exciting future set :nod:

Last edited:
Cartwright as an assistant. He's an assistant now for North Queensland. They seem to be going ok.
They were going ok before Cartwright, better now they have Morgan to take the defence's attention off the world's best player.

He has big shoes to fill, I am very confident he will do well as long as he is supported by the Penn clan and the playing group. No reason why he cant be a big success.

I got the impression Barrett meant those 8-10 new signings would be in the 25. Guys like Wright And Johnny Walker Blue, Moltzen and that Parra nuffie and Green seem more like NSW Cup guys...

@manlyfan76 I guess I was trying to say that he's going OK in the capacity he's in now. Head coach may have been a step to far to but he seems to be a decent assistant. Probably the Peter Principle in effect. Promoted to a job beyond him when his best position was one level back.

Seeing what I have seen for Daly this year suggest he plays better without Foran I suppose he lifts to another level. He needs to have big year seeing his contract is so big and also he owes to all positively associated with manly.
Here are dalys stats without kieran this year.
R2:100 Meters, 2 line breaks, 3 offloads, 20 tackles, 2 try assists, man of the match
R3:92 meters, 3 offloads, 22 tackles, 3 try assists
R7:89 meters, 21 tackles, 1 try, 1 40/20
R8:102 meters, 31 tackles, 2 try assists, 1 40/20, man of the match
R9:66 meters, 2 line breaks, 1 offload, 29 tackles, 1 try assists, 1 try, 1 40/20, man of the match

If he produces this week in week out wow he could win the dally m.

With a threat out of dummy half passing in to DCE who is great runnin with the ball in hand, it definitely adds a dimension that our backline can exploit. We just need forwards capable of setting the platform. Hard run, quick play the ball, scoot from DH to Chez at pace would be a thing of beauty.

I think giving DCE a roving role is a very smart idea. Hopefilly the first of many from Barrett . I for one hope he succeeds .
It will definitely make us less predictable in attack . I think Daly is a smart man too and His roaming should be able to exploit teams weaknesses .
The two things you cannot coach are speed and brains .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6