Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Roosters were off, and with some early ball and momentum, helped the inexperienced guys get a little confidence and get into the game and compete. Happy to at least see a reasonably competitive game considering the lob-sided nature of the teams playing.

I was a little disappointed with some of the upcoming guys we were excited about. The wingers and hookers had a pretty ordinary day. Rather, it was other lesser lights that showed up and had a great crack.

Two critical areas have me worried after watching that game.

1. Ruck control was atrocious (as it has been of recent history). I saw nothing today that suggests it has been addressed. When the roosters held the ball, they made easy meters up the middle and were consistently moving forward with easy momentum. They also targeted their runs behind the ruck and carved us up there. Watson’s try from dummy half examplified this issue.

2. Dealing with kicks in the air (whether bombs, kickoffs or drop outs; attacking or defending). I can only hope it was more an individual skill issue and that our first grade team does much better… though we have been poor in this area over recent history, so let’s see.
spot on and agree with you 100%

but wait for the flower crew to tell you everything is awesome and it was a great game lol

Wakeham not in top 30 but he was great today.

Woods bashers can't help themselves (hi @BOZO) but he's not guaranteed a spot in first grade and may play the season out in reserves but he's tough enough, his defence is good, and he has plenty between the ears that all clubs need in experienced forwards.

Reminds me, I thought Nathan Brown had a cracker when he was on as well.

You only needed to put DCE in that side and Manly win. Add another Trboievic and Manly win comfortably.

Apart from JWH and Lenu that's a full strength Roosters and they played with the same team all game considering Dom Young's injury didn't give Tedesco a break when Manu came on, or afford much of a reshuffle carrying only 21.

But they had to stick to that team because they weren't racing away by half time.

The competition for spots for Manly is unreal.

Obviously you are always going to have a better knowledge of the side you support but there's options there this year where last year an injury meant someone untested or out of position stepping in.
For the first time in as long as I can remember we have depth , for most positions.

Don’t know about anybody else but I’m pretty excited by that.

Adding Brooks into the mix and I’m really liking what I’m seeing.

Not going to be an easy year ( for any team ) but in recent years every time we lost one of our guns we were buggered, not this year as there’s some very capable depth players.

Wakeham not in top 30 but he was great today.

Woods bashers can't help themselves (hi @BOZO) but he's not guaranteed a spot in first grade and may play the season out in reserves but he's tough enough, his defence is good, and he has plenty between the ears that all clubs need in experienced forwards.
Hi feathered friend ,
If you believe that woods made a great impact on our game today that is your prerogative
From what I saw he slows our momentum down with his errors and his slow motion charges to the line
Perspective is a wonderful thing and I see nothing wonderful from Woods wearing the Great Manly Jumper

Reminds me, I thought Nathan Brown had a cracker when he was on as well.
Yep Brown was fantastic what a bonus going in to the year to get him in the 30. I can see him at lock and Jake playing 10 or 8 a fair bit this year. Hopefully his aggression will be a catalyst for Paseka and Aloia, but if you can fit Jake and Lachlan Croker in that pack with Paseka Ola and Ben Trboievic... Anyway I'm getting carried away but there were good signs, Nathan Brown will allow Gordon CKT or Humphries to play, I love Gordie but Humphries offers more versatility if a back goes down and of course concussion. I think Gordie will be looking at a full time hooker role with Humphries assisting in a year when Froggy gets the move on. But both will play first grade, GCKT defence was great and his passing from the ground is miles above everyone else in the club.

Depth hey? What a luxury.

Hi feathered friend ,
If you believe that woods made a great impact on our game today that is your prerogative
From what I saw he slows our momentum down with his errors and his slow motion charges to the line
Perspective is a wonderful thing and I see nothing wonderful from Woods wearing the Great Manly Jumper
How many Blacktown games do you watch mate, because that's where Woods will be playing, it's clear Bozo that you don't ever think much about what goes on inside a football club other than what's presented on the field. Have you ever been part of one?

How many Blacktown games do you watch mate, because that's where Woods will be playing, it's clear Bozo that you don't ever think much about what goes on inside a football club other than what's presented on the field. Have you ever been part of one?
Sorry that's not meant to sound demeaning, good football clubs in any sport understand that an individual brings more than just what they deliver on the field. Maybe in 20 years when concussion only allows robot teams you could look at stats and strength and speed measurements but until that day there's a human element involved that some people can't seem to fathom.

Wakeham surprised me. He steered the team around well.

Brown is going to be sensation in the the A grade side.

Ray Ray prob our m.o.m for mine. 2 big errors were costly leaves a sour taste thats is 12 points difference. But well done Ray Ray he still showed more than anyone else on field. Two big bodied A grade Centre and Winger and he took it up to em and gave as good as he copped.

Faulalo. I'm Gunna say it now, he's too good for ressies. Just reads the game and has time.

Forwards disappointed. Condon ok. James just looked disinterested. Burbo positioning needs a little work.

Our one percenters were poor.

I keep telling my self it was mainly our 2s and their 1s.

But in all honesty I reckon rosters weren't going all out today. That was them playing 3/4. And getting the legs to roll over. I would have like to have seen us a little better in the forward than that today.

On to next week's trial. Trail:) trialling.

It is very clear that Woods will be an NRL option when injures strikes
That was made clear by our club
I would rather have that cap invested in a exciting young player

I have been a Proud club Manly Member and Part of the Winning Manly teams that I have proudly supported and have seen what it takes to win Grand finals
But perspective is a wonderful thing and it is obvious we all see different things
There is no point in going around in circles
Enjoy the evening feathered fiend

Wakeham surprised me. He steered the team around well.

Brown is going to be sensation in the the A grade side.

Ray Ray prob our m.o.m for mine. 2 big errors were costly leaves a sour taste thats is 12 points difference. But well done Ray Ray he still showed more than anyone else on field. Two big bodied A grade Centre and Winger and he took it up to em and gave as good as he copped.

Faulalo. I'm Gunna say it now, he's too good for ressies. Just reads the game and has time.

Forwards disappointed. Condon ok. James just looked disinterested. Burbo positioning needs a little work.

Our one percenters were poor.

I keep telling my self it was mainly our 2s and their 1s.

But in all honesty I reckon rosters weren't going all out today. That was them playing 3/4. And getting the legs to roll over. I would have like to have seen us a little better in the forward than that today.

On to next week's trial. Trail:) trialling.

Ray did some good things however the bad stuff outweighs the good. Depth winger that will be ok for a handful of games.

I thought paseka and sips were ok aside from the errors. Brown was very busy and impressive.

If the Garrick to centre doesn’t work out. We have a couple of able centres to come in talau was solid and faulalo was outstanding. I agree he is ready for firsts I hope we don’t lose him.

Yep Brown was fantastic what a bonus going in to the year to get him in the 30. I can see him at lock and Jake playing 10 or 8 a fair bit this year. Hopefully his aggression will be a catalyst for Paseka and Aloia, but if you can fit Jake and Lachlan Croker in that pack with Paseka Ola and Ben Trboievic... Anyway I'm getting carried away but there were good signs, Nathan Brown will allow Gordon CKT or Humphries to play, I love Gordie but Humphries offers more versatility if a back goes down and of course concussion. I think Gordie will be looking at a full time hooker role with Humphries assisting in a year when Froggy gets the move on. But both will play first grade, GCKT defence was great and his passing from the ground is miles above everyone else in the club.

Depth hey? What a luxury.

Absolutely exciting to have so many options. I'm literally clogged and unable to provide YARTS, because every time I think of one line-up, another alternative appears in my mind.

08. Matt Lodge
09. XXXXXXXX
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. XXXXXXXXX
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Nathan Brown

Is the best I can come up with. That also means Trbojevic, Sipley, Woods, Waddell, Condon, Lawton and Fulton miss out !! I'm at a loss with how we approach the 9 and 14 (although, I'd love Arthur to be in the team SOMEWHERE - his form demands it - so possibly 14?)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10