Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep Brown was fantastic what a bonus going in to the year to get him in the 30. I can see him at lock and Jake playing 10 or 8 a fair bit this year. Hopefully his aggression will be a catalyst for Paseka and Aloia, but if you can fit Jake and Lachlan Croker in that pack with Paseka Ola and Ben Trboievic... Anyway I'm getting carried away but there were good signs, Nathan Brown will allow Gordon CKT or Humphries to play, I love Gordie but Humphries offers more versatility if a back goes down and of course concussion. I think Gordie will be looking at a full time hooker role with Humphries assisting in a year when Froggy gets the move on. But both will play first grade, GCKT defence was great and his passing from the ground is miles above everyone else in the club.

Depth hey? What a luxury.
Brown from what I’ve seen so far in the YouTube vids and on Sat looks like he really has a point to prove. Hope this mentality stays up all year. Could play a real strong leadership role with the group.

I endorse Manly losses.
(and Fyi Manly lost games in 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008 and 2011)
Manly Premiership Winning teams Perspective....

Loses do not pave resolute paths to premiership winning teams but reslient wins do
Great Premiership Winning teams are Defined by their Great Wins and Not by their few mediocre loses
There Nothing Great about losing
Losing is a failure and if you have succumbed to more loses than wins then you have failed to be successful
Manly success is paved by Wins

I ask you all
Do you want a Manly coach that endorses Manly losses in Pregame conference ?
Our a CEO and a Club Owner that endorses another lost premiership winning season ?
How many of you go to Manly game wearing your Manly colors flying your Manly flag endorsing a Manly loss ?

I think some one here have forgotten our Manly song
Or some on here would like to change our lyrics and our winning culture by endorsing losing

Sing feathered friends and never lower our legendary clubs great winning standards
Because when we lower our great standards we stand for nothing great
All together now .....
We are the Manly Boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We showed them how to play.

No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win... have a win.

While I love your passion @BOZO, let's remember it was a trial match with many fringe players involved.
I love your passion too @TokyoEagle . and thank you for your post
I understand the Concept of the Claytons trial games
Manly is not famous for being a Claytons club
Manly has been made famous by Winning Premierships
and we have not lived up to our premiership Winning Fame since 2011
Since 2011 Many Manly souls have died without seeing a Manly premiership win
We do not want our Great Premiership Winning culture to die as well

Lol, "every now and then" - not every single game!
Perspective is a wonderful thing and we all see that we see
and in the last verse we sing this
Every now and then we have a win... have a win.
The emphasis is on Winning as its states to have a win not once but twice
There is no mention or endorsement of losing

The Manly song also emphasises
Of showing them how to play and Winning and being a wonderful Winning Credit to our locality
Again no endorsement or mention of losing
We are the Manly Boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We showed them how to play.
No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

Have a Winning Manly Day @SeaEagleRock8
and be a credit to your family and our Manly forum

Absolutely exciting to have so many options. I'm literally clogged and unable to provide YARTS, because every time I think of one line-up, another alternative appears in my mind.

08. Matt Lodge
09. XXXXXXXX
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. XXXXXXXXX
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Nathan Brown

Is the best I can come up with. That also means Trbojevic, Sipley, Woods, Waddell, Condon, Lawton and Fulton miss out !! I'm at a loss with how we approach the 9 and 14 (although, I'd love Arthur to be in the team SOMEWHERE - his form demands it - so possibly 14?)
I’d have something similar but have Ben T a nose ahead of the Schu. Croker in the 9 with the 14 tbc. I like what I’ve seen from Humpphries.

Anyway it’s nice having a list that appears to have done tough calls on positions.

Ps - I’ve been on these boards for years and still don’t know what YART stands for lol

IMG_5744.png

mark my words, Brown will show you all his true colours this year. He can carry a footy but one of the reasons he was cut loose by Parra is his error rate. When the game is tight, he will dethrone Taupau for biggest liability is a Manly jumper in the last 20 years.

Wait for his fumble or hospital pass in a pressure situation and get back to me.
Browns looking the goods tbh, in regards to his error rate, we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

Hang on, shouldn't the trial count?
@Wheel - does the club agree that next week's trial can't count as a week of suspension?
Doesn't seem to make sense.
It can't be because the Las Vegas squad will already have left the country, because he could theoretically play the trial and then leave for Las Vegas a bit late, and play both games (which is exactly what Schu is proposed to be doing)
The Broncos trial is an official listed Pre-season Challenge match, so no logical reason it shouldn't count for suspension purposes.

Ps - I’ve been on these boards for years and still don’t know what YART stands for lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8