Trials team/squad announced - Sipley what's doing??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick may still play wing until Saab returns. He said hes trained as a centre but can fill in if Turbo is out.. so assuming Garrick may start season on the wing.

Either that or Christian and Raymond are playing for that wing spot.

Garrick may still play wing until Saab returns. He said hes trained as a centre but can fill in if Turbo is out.. so assuming Garrick may start season on the wing.

might be right there with them playing for the spot

1st trial is always the reserves. Why risk the top 17. Yes @Mark from Brisbane it's pathetic up here the carry on. I just love the silence when they all fail miserably which they have the last few years.
Even the Donkey Mail is promoting Redcliffe , I guess the Waynee Poo factor.

But as usual it’s wall to wall Broncos on the TV.

I doubt the Phins will do much better than bottom 4, the Donkeys , who knows could be an improver OR could see Kevvie under immense pressure.

I note that when Siebold was interviewed about the opposed training run with the Dragons he emphasised the objective was for players to leave the session uninjured. I like the fact he is using this game as an opportunity to give the new boys a shot. That's what a trial game should be about seeing how the players perform in game conditions. It makes no sense risking injury to your best players during trials for a miserly $100,000. Looking at these two sides I strongly suspect that discussions took place between the coaches before teams were selected. I'm really looking forward to watching this on Friday night.

This Manly trial team is to take a look at 3 - 4 players who are in the running for a Top 17 spot and also who will step up through rep and injury times.
I reckon they will be serious about a possible 9 off the bench and a centre option, as Fletcher is definitely in the picture and the other centre Ferris is a speedy ex Sharks lower grader, who has great attacking ability and can find the line, but was held back by injuries and inconsistency and a front rower with Condon, Fainu and Fifita leading that race.....Fulton also a serious option for much NRL in 2023.

Love how they are trying to pump up the dolphins up here on the news
All teams are being pumped up this time of the year
It is a footy tradition
But it is also a footy tradition that Some teams will rise and others will deflate

Looking forward to Eagles RISING in 2023
bald-eagle-flying.jpg

This Manly trial team is to take a look at 3 - 4 players who are in the running for a Top 17 spot and also who will step up through rep and injury times.
I reckon they will be serious about a possible 9 off the bench and a centre option, as Fletcher is definitely in the picture and the other centre Ferris is a speedy ex Sharks lower grader, who has great attacking ability and can find the line, but was held back by injuries and inconsistency and a front rower with Condon, Fainu and Fifita leading that race.....Fulton also a serious option for much NRL in 2023.

Is Ferris any relation to Jason?

I'm hoping this is the case too - otherwise it'll be a wing of both Tuipulotu and Vaega which doesn't fill me with a load of confidence early on...

Agree that this could be an audition for who gets the other wing spot. You'd have to think Tuipulotu is the front runner but I think he needs to impress over these trials after that form slump towards the end of last year

Very confident the Vigorous Vaega will consolidate a wing spot
It is his time to shine in the NRL this season

Ruben and Koula in the centres will make the fastest Manly centre pairing in along time
I am so excited about this

So Many talented backs vying for top spots and it is theirs for the taking in the trials

Clearly Siebold has convinced Penn and Mestrov that the $100k prize is not worth the risk and South’s have agreed also and, they have a number of guys in the All Stars game whereas, we just have Morgan Harper.

I am certain Manly has been running plenty of opposed sessions internally, as well as against the Dragoons.

Unless injured, Weekes appears to be a definite starter in Round 1 and I have no issue with him playing on the wing, just like Suaalii at the Chooks. Then again, he may be a 14 in the team, as he is quite versatile.

As for the forwards, it appears that Aloiai, Keppie and Paseka are guaranteed for round 1 and then it’s up to the guys this weekend to put their hand up for the last spot.

Burbo and Bullemore are the other two who could be pushing for a bench spot.

It will be interesting to see.

I wonder if Siebold will do what Des did and not necessarily play a lot of guys on the fringe at Blacktown, or if he will play them to get ‘game time’. I am thinking the latter, and if you are not in the 18 or injured, you play for Blacktown. I think that’s where we suffered last year when injuries occurred, as replacements were not match fit.

Clearly Siebold has convinced Penn and Mestrov that the $100k prize is not worth the risk and South’s have agreed also and, they have a number of guys in the All Stars game whereas, we just have Morgan Harper.

I am certain Manly has been running plenty of opposed sessions internally, as well as against the Dragoons.

Unless injured, Weekes appears to be a definite starter in Round 1 and I have no issue with him playing on the wing, just like Suaalii at the Chooks. Then again, he may be a 14 in the team, as he is quite versatile.

As for the forwards, it appears that Aloiai, Keppie and Paseka are guaranteed for round 1 and then it’s up to the guys this weekend to put their hand up for the last spot.

Burbo and Bullemore are the other two who could be pushing for a bench spot.

It will be interesting to see.

I wonder if Siebold will do what Des did and not necessarily play a lot of guys on the fringe at Blacktown, or if he will play them to get ‘game time’. I am thinking the latter, and if you are not in the 18 or injured, you play for Blacktown. I think that’s where we suffered last year when injuries occurred, as replacements were not match fit.

We also have Austin Diaz playing for the Maori team

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4