Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Loved this comment in the SMH article:

Jian123

12 HOURS AGO

I have been a Manly supporter since 1975.......

Realistically, Scott Fulton had some big shoes to fill....... and not enough copies of the SMH stuffed in the ends were ever going to make them fit.

When it gets down to tin tacks Scott Fulton is not a great loss to Manly nor will be anyone who might follow him.
The way the media's reporting Scotts loss to the Tigs, you'd have thought we made the finals the last few years, he's that good at recruitment !!!!!

That is a very broad declaration. Would you be happy to offload Josh Aloia, Sean Keppie, Taniela Paseka, Jason Saab, Samuela Fainu, Latu Fainu, Haumole, GCKT, Schuster, Koula, Weekes?
You keep the ones that care and show commitment to the game and want to be at the club. I'm not signalling out that it's everyone from the West but in Manly's case our recruitment strategy and association with Blacktown hasn't worked.

Can 't help but think that things are being blown out of proportion a bit if what seems is just a couple of issues around one player . Issues that have always emerged in all footy clubs from time to time and which generally always tend to settle down Recall at the tail lend of the 21 season , some concerns about Josh 's attitude and combined with a not insignificant drop off in form or below what may have been expected . Then his very disrupted season last year and really continuing into this season . All the indications or certainly previously from his time at Manly have generally been of the description that he is a good kid . Probably getting frustrated as hell [ Josh ] with his inability to manage an injury free run as well no doubt be obviously reflected by all Manly supporters , No condoning of any slightly out of line conduct or some lack of discipline but no evidence that it is in the non tolerable category in recent times either . Bit of understandable player uneasiness just after jersey gate but that seemed to settle down . Again just can not see why the club would want to release him now , no other good standard 6 available in the club right now , Sure that the club still has a good degree of faith in him , not to mention the complicated contract ramifications of any release arrangements and the lack of quality halves to get hold of then .

Find the story about Fulton now at the tigers planning to apparently steal all our so called talent.
Gee I think they the tigers will be more concerned looking after the up and coming talent they already have on their rosters.

Just on the loss of Scott Fulton. Is he the one who has been in charge of recruiting
Harold Mathews - last
SG Ball - 2nd last on f/a only equal last on points
Jersey Flegg - currently last
NSW cup - 9th but had 2 byes so really 2nd last.
Ummmm good luck Tigers. It was time to go.

Just on the loss of Scott Fulton. Is he the one who has been in charge of recruiting
Harold Mathews - last
Not to mention some nefarious activities with certain managers

Are you seriously using Luai as an example? A 5/8 who has been in the last 3 Grand Finals, and a SOO half? And you don't want him because he runs his mouth? That is the exact kind of crap I was referring to in my previous post. I'd have Jerome in a Manly jersey in a heartbeat. So would every supporter of every other team in the comp. Even the Roosters, Brandon Smith says hi. No other team was stupid enough to do the rainbow thingamajig, not even the Tigers. Do you really believe the players declined to participate because they were scared of a few pretty colours? C'mon man.

Manly needs our Western Pathways program.

Haumole, Saab, Koula, Samuela, Schuster, Latu, Paseka, GCKT, are all required on the field for us to be successful. Parker and Liam Fulton are at the very bottom of any top 30 in the NRL.
I have said it before, and I will say it again......

I would rather we miss the 8 and have a team of decent people, who represent our community and our standards on the northern beaches ANY DAY over a team of show off, know it all w@ankers. I celebrated when Dylan walker left. And I would be so disappointed if we signed a player like Luai.

You can keep him Panthers. He's all yours. I hope he represents your community the way you want to be represented.

This is why the Rainbow jersey disappointed me so much last year. I don't give a damn about the religious element and the personal beliefs etc.... it disappointed me that Manly, the northern beaches, and our community were seen as not standing side by side with the LQBTQI+ community.

We're manly - and we are better than that.

Manly bracing for Tigers player raid as Fulton leaves Sea Eagles nest​

Manly are bracing for the Wests Tigers to launch a raid on some of their biggest names after long-time recruitment manager Scott Fulton signed a deal to join Wests Tigers immediately.

Fulton, the son of Manly legend and NRL immortal Bob Fulton, has been head-hunted by the Tigers after his role at the Sea Eagles was diluted over the summer.

Fulton, whose sister Kristie Fulton was moved on from her administration role at the club last year, once called the shots when it came to recruitment and retention at Manly but the club has moved to a different model under new chief executive Tony Mestrov.

While Manly didn’t stand in Fulton’s way, the move could come back to bite the Sea Eagles. The Wests Tigers have already begun asking questions about the future of five-eighth Josh Schuster, who was involved in an altercation with NSW Cup player Dean Matterson — the younger brother of Eels forward Ryan Matterson — at training last week.

Schuster is contracted until the end of 2024 but question marks over his future surfaced last week following comments from skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity,” Cherry-Evans said.

PHOTOS

“That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long. He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive.

“This doesn’t have to be a negative for him – spending some time away to get his body right, this could be a defining moment where he takes off to that level we all know he can.”

Making matters difficult for Manly is the fact they’ve gone to war in recent months with leading player agent Mario Tartak, who is extremely close to Fulton.
Manly locked horns with Tartak over the future of rising star Viliami Fifita and were in a tug-of-war for his services with St George Illawarra before they eventually released him to the Dragons.
(From left) Late Sea Eagles legend Bob Fulton, CEO Tony Mestrov and chair Scott Penn.

(From left) Late Sea Eagles legend Bob Fulton, CEO Tony Mestrov and chair Scott Penn.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS, GETTY
Tartak and Fulton worked together on luring a number of players to the Sea Eagles, particularly those from western Sydney.
They include Schuster, Jason Saab and Haumole Olakau’atu. Like Fulton, Tartak’s stranglehold on the club has been diminished under the Mestrov regime.
Advertisement

Talk of Fulton’s potential departure has been doing the rounds for a couple of months and he has now signed a deal to oversee recruitment and retention at the Wests Tigers alongside Warren McDonnell.
McDonnell, who was brought back to the club by close friend Tim Sheens last year despite being moved on by chief executive Justin Pascoe on two separate occasions, will focus on the pathways at the Wests Tigers, with Fulton to look after NRL.
Just to get it clear in my head.
So the article is saying that the Fultons will exact revenge on a club where they've presided over 10 years of failure by poaching said players who've provided part of that failure.

Harold Mathews - last
Nailed it.

NYEagle

Just to get it clear in my head.
So the article is saying that the Fultons will exact revenge on a club where they've presided over 10 years of failure by poaching said players who've provided part of that failure.
Yeah it’s also the Tigers. It’s not as if it is the Storm or the Roosters.

The Tigers are the worst club in the comp. I doubt many players would actually choose to break a contract to go to a club that has not made the finals since 2011.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8