Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah it’s also the Tigers. It’s not as if it is the Storm or the Roosters.

The Tigers are the worst club in the comp. I doubt many players would actually choose to break a contract to go to a club that has not made the finals since 2011.
"It was always my dream to play with Luke Brooks and be coached by Sheen's"

Yeah it’s also the Tigers. It’s not as if it is the Storm or the Roosters.

The Tigers are the worst club in the comp. I doubt many players would actually choose to break a contract to go to a club that has not made the finals since 2011.

Not forgetting Aloia who seems to be the leader of the Pacifica Boys left the Tigers on pretty bad terms. In addition the club looked after the fainu boys when Manase first got arrested.

The loss of Scott Fulton, mentioned in the SMH today, confirms for me that the club is in crisis. I know many argue about the politics in the club that has been a problem for the past decade. But Scott Fulton for all his faults, has been instrumental in bringing young talent to the club. The fact its been used in a questionable way, is not his fault. Now heading to Wests, I fear for Manly retaining quite a few of their young talented players and it makes me wonder if this conflict has been the cause of problems with our younger players including Schuster. I could be very wrong here, but I think this is a dangerous decision and I wonder if Manly will soon hold the title of 'Fibros' and Wests 'Silvetrtails' As I said I could be very wrong but as Han Solo would say 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' These issues are why I have delayed renewing my membership.

I have said it before, and I will say it again......

I would rather we miss the 8 and have a team of decent people, who represent our community and our standards on the northern beaches ANY DAY over a team of show off, know it all w@ankers. I celebrated when Dylan walker left. And I would be so disappointed if we signed a player like Luai.

You can keep him Panthers. He's all yours. I hope he represents your community the way you want to be represented.

This is why the Rainbow jersey disappointed me so much last year. I don't give a damn about the religious element and the personal beliefs etc.... it disappointed me that Manly, the northern beaches, and our community were seen as not standing side by side with the LQBTQI+ community.

We're manly - and we are better than that.
The Manly Sea Eagles are a professional NRL side mate, they aren't supposed to paint a picture of the demographic ideologues of a handful of supporters. They are paid to win footy games. Sure, the players can get out and support their communities and get behind whatever initiatives they feel compelled to. It might have more meaningful impact than blanketing everyone under a whimsical, knee jerk policy implemented by greedy prathouse owners. But very few fans will keep fronting up if the joint is falling apart and the team isn't winning. The Panthers fans would piss themselves laughing at your declaration. Thanks mate, we're more than happy to keep Luai, our normal jersey, three, GF's and two premierships.

Not to mention that you're perspective is skewered.

Is Brett Stewart a decent bloke and a fair representation of the Northern Beaches community? What about Choc Watmough, John Hopoate, and Liam Knight? Your decent fellow logic is flawed. If we start winning premierships all is forgiven and the grubs become our grubs, same as every other team. Do you think Bellamy gives a damn about nice guys? Munster, Bromwich, NAS, Brandon Smith, are all rat bags who stuffed up big time. But they are all winners on the field.

Scott Penn should be right up your alley. And if the bad boys get too much for you, there might be more cardigan wearing gents trotting out to represent the community in the rah- rahs. There's a couple of teams you could choose from.

The Manly Sea Eagles are a professional NRL side mate, they aren't supposed to paint a picture of the demographic ideologues of a handful of supporters. They are paid to win footy games. Sure, the players can get out and support their communities and get behind whatever initiatives they feel compelled to. It might have more meaningful impact than blanketing everyone under a whimsical, knee jerk policy implemented by greedy prathouse owners. But very few fans will keep fronting up if the joint is falling apart and the team isn't winning. The Panthers fans would piss themselves laughing at your declaration. Thanks mate, we're more than happy to keep Luai, our normal jersey, three, GF's and two premierships.

Is Brett Stewart a decent bloke and a fair representation of the Northern Beaches community? What about Choc Watmough, John Hopoate, and Liam Knight? Your decent fellow logic is flawed. If we start winning premierships all is forgiven and the grubs become our grubs, same as every other team. Do you think Bellamy gives a damn about nice guys? Munster, Bromwich, NAS, Brandon Smith, are all rat bags who stuffed up big time. But they are all winners on the field.

Scott Penn should be right up your alley. And if the bad boys get too much for you, there might be more cardigan wearing gents trotting out to represent the community in the rah- rahs. There's a couple of teams you could choose from.
Thank you for telling me my perspective is skewered mate.

It isn't skewered at all - it is different to YOURS.

You seem to think that winning is everything. That is your perspective.

I do not. Winning matters, but not at all costs.

Does Bellamy give a stuff about nice guys? No he doesn't. He also doesn't care about rules mate. Do you think he is a frikkin legend or a hero? A bloke who ILLEGALLY won premierships, and brought crusher tackles and chicken wings/wrestling into the game?

If he is your idol - that tells me all i need to know about how 'skewered' I am.

There are some reports that Siebold has a relationship with an agent who manages both Woods and Flanagan hence the fuel to the Flanagan rumours. We have seen what happened with Fifita and Tuitavake (different manager) that sometimes the agent runs the agenda. I think Schuster has the same manager. Mestrov appears to be trying to break the control of the player agents however this is potentially a very dangerous game.

However of bigger concern is our playing roster. Through no fault of Manly Turbo is on $1M+ and appears to be injury prone. DCE also takes up $1M+ but this is what a top 7 costs. Of more concern is what we are 'alleged' to be paying Schuster. Even players like Garrick (centre money whatever that is) and Olakautau looking for a significant upgrade is taking up a sizeable amount of the budget. Therefore we end up with players like Harper, Tuipoluto, Johns and Woods being on the fringe of FG.

Then we get to our juniors/lower grades. Most are in the bottom 3. Out strategy has been to build within so we need players like GCKT, Myers, Fainu brothers to make it. Rumours (again) state we have moved away from chasing juniors external to the Manly region (hence Fulton's moving on) and relying on local juniors. The supply pool has never been big.

These are what I see as the "troubles within".

IMG_0496.jpeg

There are some reports that Siebold has a relationship with an agent who manages both Woods and Flanagan hence the fuel to the Flanagan rumours. We have seen what happened with Fifita and Tuitavake (different manager) that sometimes the agent runs the agenda. I think Schuster has the same manager. Mestrov appears to be trying to break the control of the player agents however this is potentially a very dangerous game.

However of bigger concern is our playing roster. Through no fault of Manly Turbo is on $1M+ and appears to be injury prone. DCE also takes up $1M+ but this is what a top 7 costs. Of more concern is what we are 'alleged' to be paying Schuster. Even players like Garrick (centre money whatever that is) and Olakautau looking for a significant upgrade is taking up a sizeable amount of the budget. Therefore we end up with players like Harper, Tuipoluto, Johns and Woods being on the fringe of FG.

Then we get to our juniors/lower grades. Most are in the bottom 3. Out strategy has been to build within so we need players like GCKT, Myers, Fainu brothers to make it. Rumours (again) state we have moved away from chasing juniors external to the Manly region (hence Fulton's moving on) and relying on local juniors. The supply pool has never been big.

These are what I see as the "troubles within".
Old news with Seibold.He had same issues at Broncos with his manager Moses which goes against certain players manager and Scott Fulton’s friend Tartak.Good news is DCE’s contract will be under a million as of next year

I'm not sure why Scott Fulton left ... but if I was a betting man, I would wager Global's left nut that this is the real reason .. this appointment was announced about a month ago.

Peter Gentle has taken over Cleal's role as Recruitment Manager ... former asst to Seibs at Broncos

I would think that Scott would have thought he was a Schu in for the job. Whether it was a tactic to get him to go ... that is the question ..

Last edited:
Thank you for telling me my perspective is skewered mate.

It isn't skewered at all - it is different to YOURS.

You seem to think that winning is everything. That is your perspective.

I do not. Winning matters, but not at all costs.

Does Bellamy give a stuff about nice guys? No he doesn't. He also doesn't care about rules mate. Do you think he is a frikkin legend or a hero? A bloke who ILLEGALLY won premierships, and brought crusher tackles and chicken wings/wrestling into the game?

If he is your idol - that tells me all i need to know about how 'skewered' I am.
Now you're going off tangent. If you are happy to have 13 harmless fellows run out to represent the club that is your prerogative. The skewered part refers to the section of your post below.

"i have said it before, and I will say it again......

I would rather we miss the 8 and have a team of decent people, who represent our community and our standards on the northern beaches ANY DAY over a team of show off, know it all w@ankers."

You claim certain players don't t meet your Northern Beaches standards. So again I ask. Is Brett Stewart a decent bloke and a fair representation of the Northern Beaches community? What about Choc Watmough, John Hopoate, and Liam Knight?

I'm not sure why Scott Fulton left ... but if I was a betting man, I would wager Global's left nut that this is the real reason .. this appointment was announceda about a month ago.

Peter Gentle has taken over Cleal's role as Recruitment Manager ... former asst to Seibs at Broncos
I would think that Scott would have thought he was a Schu in for the job. Whether it was a tactic to get him to go ... that is the question ..

All requests have to go through mrs global. the current owner.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10