Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
It was a simple question really. And I asked it genuinely.

Since I joined this site a couple of days ago you have replied to my posts four times. In three of them you accused me of posting too much. Posted a photo in an attempt to to have a crack, and now posted the Google search engine above. What is your problem? I don't care if you disagree with my opinions, plenty do. That's just life. But why the hostility and rudeness? And you harp on about players respecting one another.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Was Jacob Preston frozen out though? Or is it just poor management on behalf of the club? It's pretty poor that in such a small local league as the Northern Beaches, we don't have anyone identifying such talent. Who else has been frozen out, and by whom?
He was from my old club Belrose, the west of the northern beaches.

In my day I too was frozen out, manly preferred to sign my one time halves partner G Toovey.

Damien2812

Bencher
This is the big misconception about blacktown though, maybe it's more a lack of knowledge of the geography of suburbs out west that's causing the confusion, not one player named above is from blacktown workers, blacktown the area or even penrith rl nursery in which blacktown sits under. All these boys are from Fairfield or Parramatta jrl. So people keep using these players as an account of what blacktown have provided us, when in fact it is actually Nada other than a few fringe first graders that play cup
I know where your coming from but I did say from the West which Parramatta, Fairfield, Blacktown is. The Blacktown Sea Eagles merger has failed in its own right.

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I have said it before, and I will say it again......

I would rather we miss the 8 and have a team of decent people, who represent our community and our standards on the northern beaches ANY DAY over a team of show off, know it all w@ankers. I celebrated when Dylan walker left. And I would be so disappointed if we signed a player like Luai.

You can keep him Panthers. He's all yours. I hope he represents your community the way you want to be represented.

This is why the Rainbow jersey disappointed me so much last year. I don't give a damn about the religious element and the personal beliefs etc.... it disappointed me that Manly, the northern beaches, and our community were seen as not standing side by side with the LQBTQI+ community.

We're manly - and we are better than that.
Not to forget, Manly, the Northern Beaches and our community actually DID stand side-by-side with the LGBTQI+ community, the only NRL club that has done so and the only one that will have done so any time soon. That team wore our colours with distinction, and as I commented at the time I would have been happy for those 17 to have been our run-on side for the rest of the year. As we found out, they certainly would not have gone worse.

I thought the whole thing was poorly handled by the club and I still think that, redeemed only by the eloquence and dignity of Hasler and D C E. For which Hasler received scant thanks, as we also found out.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I’m with @Harmless27 - call me old fashioned but I appreciate sportsmanship & respect on the field so grubby behaviour & this trend of not only applauding opposition mistakes but also getting into their faces when they make a mistake just makes me cringe.

I notice it has increased in the years since the NRL banned punching on - no small coincidence IMO.

Anyway, give me a team of Steve Menzies’ & Jake Trbojevics over a bunch of poor sports any day.
I agree that the carry on has increased since punching was banned. As good old Reggie would say, maybe they need to bring back the biff.

I am so tired of the constant dramas at our proud and distinguished club. It has been like an unending bout of gastroanoritus under the Penn's watch. I suppose they have given us all the Penn Centre of Excellence. How difficult is that to stomach? Surely these past 12 odd years is just a DMT hallucination and the chimes are about to go off and suck me back into reality. It all began when itty bitty Scotty Wotty played hardball with our two time premiership winning coach with his stupid performance clauses in 2011.

An event which led to Des packing his bags and going to the Dogs before Toovey is appointed coach. Nek minute Tooves is sacked for Barrett, Barrett gets punted and Des gets reassigned. Scott from marketing (ahem) goes rogue and rolls the 🌈 out in a cheap political stunt which sees Des get sacked again. The other Scott then hands over the reins to a coach responsible for claiming Brisbane's first ever spoon. Another trumpet blast rings out across the peninsular as Toovey is rehired and the Fulton's are sent packing. In between all this choose your own adventure style drama there is an the endless procession of CEO's, and the league's club is sold (for a tidy sum.) Not to mention the appointment of "I'm gonna stop the press leaks" Mestrov. Yeah the same dude who frog marched Kristie out of the joint. These Penn flops are like a fossilized dog turd spreading throughout a once mighty club.
The problems will never go away until the Penns sell the club. Im sad Max Delmege set the standard only for it to be all ruined.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Not to forget, Manly, the Northern Beaches and our community actually DID stand side-by-side with the LGBTQI+ community, the only NRL club that has done so and the only one that will have done so any time soon. That team wore our colours with distinction, and as I commented at the time I would have been happy for those 17 to have been our run-on side for the rest of the year. As we found out, they certainly would not have gone worse.

I thought the whole thing was poorly handled by the club and I still think that, redeemed only by the eloquence and dignity of Hasler and D C E. For which Hasler received scant thanks, as we also found out.
Yes and had highest vote for marriage equality.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Listen to Josh if u think there are issues

There are always issues @The Wheel Every club has them. Our issues over the last few years have almost always been driven from the outside. The current situation is no different. Whether it's media-driven, ex-player/staff driven etc., MWSE seems to cop more than its fair share of unwarranted external criticism. In this case, however, I believe it's predominantly player-agent driven, and we don't yet know how that pissing competition (Mestrov/Tartak) will resolve. I am backing Mestrov :) Go Tony. Go Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12