Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Things take time once you get past Chatswood.
Banjo Deliverance GIF

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Easy does it mate. You live up in Queensland don't you Shakespeare? Hardly a location renowned for producing a conga line of progressive geniuses. That reminds me. I've got to go kick the cat, can't have him going all soft on me now.

Real westies don't have cats.

Sorry, I meant feline companions

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Was Jacob Preston frozen out though? Or is it just poor management on behalf of the club? It's pretty poor that in such a small local league as the Northern Beaches, we don't have anyone identifying such talent. Who else has been frozen out, and by whom?
There's quite a few NRL players currently we have let slip through our fingers from the northern beaches that I can think of.

Clint Gutherson
Bailey Simonsson
Jacob Preston
Freddie Lussick
Sam Verrills

Among others in our system from a young age albeit not technically from the beaches

Jesse Ramien
Nicho Hynes
Cade Cust*
Jared Waera Hargreaves
Liam Knight
Luke Garner

There's some real quality in that list, even the lesser names could probably slot straight into our squad somewhere. I can understand the need or advantages in developing players locally but it's no good if you don't identify them and keep them. Something I think the club has struggled with for a while now. Well at least the retention side of it.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ease up mate. You live up in Queensland don't you Shakespeare? Hardly a location renowned for producing progressive geniuses.
Kingscliff mate. Moved north many years ago......... Not as far as QLD though@:rolleyes:
That's not happening anytime soon. In fact, never.
It seems like half the northern beaches are here now anyway. :swear:
Go Manly @Thewestisbest
burt reynolds film GIF

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
There's quite a few NRL players currently we have let slip through our fingers from the northern beaches that I can think of.

Clint Gutherson
Bailey Simonsson
Jacob Preston
Freddie Lussick
Sam Verrills

Among others in our system from a young age albeit not technically from the beaches

Jesse Ramien
Nicho Hynes
Cade Cust*
Jared Waera Hargreaves
Liam Knight
Luke Garner

There's some real quality in that list, even the lesser names could probably slot straight into our squad somewhere. I can understand the need or advantages in developing players locally but it's no good if you don't identify them and keep them. Something I think the club has struggled with for a while now. Well at least the retention side of it.
Definitely, but how many of them were let go because we have an association with Blacktown? The club has been second rate in its retention for a while now.

Nordburg

First Grader
So Scott Fulton goes to Tigers as a Recruitment Officer. Lol.

They must not be happy with a bloke who in the last 12 months has signed Api, Klemmer, Bateman and Papalii.

Tell me another one, just like that other one...
And recruited a bloke whose record at his former club is overrated and intricately associated with a questionable player manager that is and has threatened to remove his clients from the club if he doesn’t get what he wants

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Listen to Josh if u think there are issues

Ok great so no dramas just boys being boys.
Schu will smash himself doing fitness and be back better than ever.
The boys are all sweet together and they'll do the job on the donkeys on Fri night.
I feel better now thanks Josh A.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Was Jacob Preston frozen out though? Or is it just poor management on behalf of the club? It's pretty poor that in such a small local league as the Northern Beaches, we don't have anyone identifying such talent. Who else has been frozen out, and by whom?
Freezing local juniors out of the selection process in favour of juniors from the west for the past 10 years can’t have provided much incentive for local kids to play league.

I daresay Jacob Preston at the dogs is evidence of that.
You see how I said “I daresay…”?

That means I suspect (I “dare say”) it is so.

This assumption is based on the Western Sydney pathways program set up by the Fultons to bring players from outwith the Northern Beaches to MWSE.

In case you are unaware, part of this program made the decision to NOT recruit from Northern Beaches clubs, hence my use of the term “frozen out”.

47MVEagle

Bencher
It was a simple question really. And I asked it genuinely.

Since I joined this site a couple of days ago you have replied to my posts four times. In three of them you accused me of posting too much. Posted a photo in an attempt to to have a crack, and now posted the Google search engine above. What is your problem? I don't care if you disagree with my opinions, plenty do. That's just life. But why the hostility and rudeness? And you harp on about players respecting one another.
Yeah, you’ve never been here before, you’re brand spanking new for sure 😂

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16