"Try July" Farce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I see that Sportsbet contributed a miserly $65000 to Mose Masoe. Even though they pledged to donate $5000 per try celebration.

There were 67 tries scored last round, apparently only 13 of them were "celebrated", otherwise they would have been on the hook for $335,000.

I see that Sportsbet contributed a miserly $65000 to Mose Masoe. Even though they pledged to donate $5000 per try celebration.

There were 67 tries scored last round, apparently only 13 of them were "celebrated", otherwise they would have been on the hook for $335,000.
Not the fault of Sportsbet that most of the tries weren't celebrated, $5000 a try is a very good contribution, when they didn't have to.

It's for every try celebration in the month of July, not just last round.

Plus, some of the celebrations I wouldn't exactly call proper celebrations considering what we see every other week. Players have to be creative.

You'll also notice some clubs won't participate as they already have other betting sponsors involved with their club.

Not the fault of Sportsbet that most of the tries weren't celebrated, $5000 a try is a very good contribution, when they didn't have to.
I actually thought overall it was a pretty piss poor effort by a lot of the teams. We were quite good in comparison as awkward as they looked - Tom in particular! It’s for a great cause and a betting agency is pledging good coin to help it out. Each club should send through a memo to get behind it and be creative to draw attention to the cause. Reubs was good and then bloody Tom would even give him out after the appeal! I use to love the post try celebrations back in the day. Guys need to get more creative. Maybe not to Robbie Fowler’s extent but certainly room to improve.

I actually thought overall it was a pretty piss poor effort by a lot of the teams. We were quite good in comparison as awkward as they looked - Tom in particular! It’s for a great cause and a betting agency is pledging good coin to help it out. Each club should send through a memo to get behind it and be creative to draw attention to the cause. Reubs was good and then bloody Tom would even give him out after the appeal! I use to love the post try celebrations back in the day. Guys need to get more creative. Maybe not to Robbie Fowler’s extent but certainly room to improve.
I think tom was embarrassed because it is national television. Regardless he should do something its for a great cause and he alone could of contributed 15k.

Would love to hear some ideas for team try celebrations. The NSW hand grenade and the Raiders 10 pin bowling were some of the best. If the whole team gets involved it makes them more memorable. A domino fall or human pyramid would be visually good but not particularly clever.

All the players form a tight standing circle around the try scorer....( no no no get your heads outa the gutter)..
They all kneel
The try scorer stands raising the ball
A sea eagle is released from the stands
Swoops down grabs the ball the perches back on the roof of the stand

That would be awesome !!!!

I can dream

I would have thought anything remotely approaching a celebration would have earned $5000, considering the cause. They must have had a fairly high bar for what constitutes a "celebration".

Agree a lot of the post try celebrations were pretty poor. Maybe they could have ranked them out of 5 and given a grand per point.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8