Turbo’s fitness test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
tur.jpeg
Turbo was seen leaving training today.

Gees It’s a bit rich to blame 0-4 all on turbo!
I reckon it's close to the mark, if you cast your mind back to 2020 it's clear that with and without Turbo we're two different teams, the thing I can't handle is Turbo was aware of his importance to the team, especially after the club flew him to Melbourne for expert advice on how best to deal with his hamstring issues going forward and still he accepts a challenge to race some clown on concrete mere weeks or days out from season start, appalling decision whether alcohol driven or not

I reckon it's close to the mark, if you cast your mind back to 2020 it's clear that with and without Turbo we're two different teams, the thing I can't handle is Turbo was aware of his importance to the team, especially after the club flew him to Melbourne for expert advice on how best to deal with his hamstring issues going forward and still he accepts a challenge to race some clown on concrete mere weeks or days out from season start, appalling decision whether alcohol driven or not
Hang on, he did it in the shower, unless you have inside information

Indeed Tranly Magic. Reputedly earning over $1m a year to warm a seat on the sidelines

That’s the point. It could have been avoided.

I would be taking birthday boy Parker aside and whispering in his ear as well.
Maybe we would have been more competitive but we still got hammered! Our games haven’t been close we haven’t been competitive ... we would have lost all 4 games even if turbo played

just sayin!

Oh come on! The kid is 24.
It’s not as if he was out on drugs or bashing someone!
Great young fella Tom...

Came over to take a photo with me and my boy pre-game at WIN...

It was my boys first game and he loves Tommy Turbo so Tom absolutely made his night (especially considering the result) and now he has a fantastic photo on his wall to remind him of his first Manly game forever...

As you say @Manly Tragic, Tom may have made a silly error but that's it... no drugs, no violence and no police...

Maybe we would have been more competitive but we still got hammered! Our games haven’t been close we haven’t been competitive ... we would have lost all 4 games even if turbo played

just sayin!
Just would have lost by less cause Tom would have stopped a few... or he may have injured himself trying, who knows?

Personally I reckon it is optimism at the very least to think 1 player is going to turn this train wreck around...

Please no :tmi:

Yes its a lol but sorry after the start to our season imo this is not a laughing matter.
At the moment our whole club from top to bottom is nothing short of pathetic . If you don't laugh what else can you do? Next time you watch us play have the Benny Hill music playing in your mind and it makes watching us so much easier. Watching this Manly team play is like a bad sitcom. We (the fans) can't take our last 15 or so performances seriously because clearly the players don't. We are so far off the pace from other clubs it has to be a piss take.

Just would have lost by less cause Tom would have stopped a few... or he may have injured himself trying, who knows?

Personally I reckon it is optimism at the very least to think 1 player is going to turn this train wreck around...
The stats suggest otherwise Frank. Isn’t it 70% win percentage with him in the team? Or something like that. I absolutely believe he’s that important to the team. Remember the Easts game last year. We were choc full of guys we have in the team currently plus Elliot n co.

We also invest a mil a year on him and he shouldn’t be running up and down the corso against sone random punter. Knowing full bloody well he’s had hammy issues!
If me cannot run up and down the corso what chance has he on lotto land?

If me cannot run up and down the corso what chance has he on lotto land?
Good point. But I’d rather him suit up and play footy and do his hammy that way instead of sone stupid race vs some d$&@head tigers supporter likely when pissed. And it’s not like he’s some 100k a year player. He’s out marquee player with a history of injuries.

The stats suggest otherwise Frank. Isn’t it 70% win percentage with him in the team? Or something like that. I absolutely believe he’s that important to the team. Remember the Easts game last year. We were choc full of guys we have in the team currently plus Elliot n co.
I'm not saying he's not important...

More that our 'efforts in the first 4 rounds has been impotent...
I reckon we are really feeling the effect of not having defenders like AFB, Levi and Thommo in the middle.

i agree Tom will improve our attack but he cant plug the holes in our defensive line and he can't save them all...

Good point. But I’d rather him suit up and play footy and do his hammy that way instead of sone stupid race vs some d$&@head tigers supporter likely when pissed. And it’s not like he’s some 100k a year player. He’s out marquee player with a history of injuries.
Yeah it annoyed me too but I will take a stupid mistake like this over DV or gang sh1t any day... Tom is a good kid, a great player, a fantastic ambassador and hopefully he gets over these hammy issues...

I'm not saying he's not important...

More that our 'efforts in the first 4 rounds has been impotent...
I reckon we are really feeling the effect of not having defenders like AFB, Levi and Thommo in the middle.

i agree Tom will improve our attack but he cant plug the holes in our defensive line and he can't save them all...
I don’t disagree. However the big thing I believe he brings is confidence to the others around him. It’s not just what he offers as an individual. The parkers, Garrick’s, sulis snd co grow another leg when he plays.

I don’t disagree. However the big thing I believe he brings is confidence to the others around him. It’s not just what he offers as an individual. The parkers, Garrick’s, sulis snd co grow another leg when he plays.
Its true that sports teams play on confidence but the defence i saw against St Merge was simple one-on-one misses leading to a lack of trust in the inside defender leading to gaping holes in the line...
It is the story of our season and while the players may get their tails up with Tom in the side it will come down to making effective tackles... I am not convinced that we have the stock to do that...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8