[Resurrected] Turbo in a Knee Brace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have looked much better without him than with him this season. Won last 4 out of 5, 1 of those against a top 4 team, could have had 2 wins if not for that cowgirls loss. Every other team would be wary of us right now if we make the finals.

Anyone that suggests the team plays better without him,need a HIA immediately and under concussion protocols,are required to sit out Silvertails for a week

I think the style of footy we are playing is better without Tommy this year. When he is playing he gains so much attention because teams know how we now use him.
If we can play this open style when he returns that would be ideal.
I feel we have always relied on Tommy but now we are playing as a full team.

Let’s combine the 2 somehow

Turbo could make one hell of a utility, taking over Walker's role... body probably wouldn't hold up and not sure how his middle defence would be, but in attack... wow! That's also a position teams couldn't easily plan to contain his role other than having to be constantly on their toes through the middle.

Turbo could make one hell of a utility, taking over Walker's role... body probably wouldn't hold up and not sure how his middle defence would be, but in attack... wow! That's also a position teams couldn't easily plan to contain his role other than having to be constantly on their toes through the middle.
That’s a lot of money to pay someone not playing 80 mins

Just sayin’

I think the style of footy we are playing is better without Tommy this year. When he is playing he gains so much attention because teams know how we now use him.
If we can play this open style when he returns that would be ideal.
I feel we have always relied on Tommy but now we are playing as a full team.

Let’s combine the 2 somehow

I don't know what it was about Tom at times this year, but in some games he seemed to go into what I call Bradley Clyde mode where he tried to use his size and speed as a battering ram rather than doing what he did best which was use his skill. Sure he was a lot more closely marked than he was last year, but I honestly don't feel like we saw Tom at anywhere near his Dally M Medal winning best this year.

But we have shown lately that we aren't just a one man show. Remember people, it took a while for even our champion sides of over a decade or so ago to shake off the one man band tag whenever Brett Stewart didn't play. Its the same now without Turbo. No matter how well we play there is always this air of "Oh they're missing Tom", such can be his influence over the side.

If you needed to pass a HIA to post on Silvertails @Dan would be broke.
Any team with Turbo is a Better team.
But the fact Manly have been forced to kick on and compete without their Star player, I do agree many players have '"stepped up" and taken more accountability and this makes the team build into a Far stronger team than when we have Tom in and out every 2nd week and they look lost without him.
The real point is Manly are better as a team playing without Tom than in the past and I think it's the realisation he ain't coming back till 2023, so all dig in harder or throw in the towel,,,,and they have made the decision and it's showing on the field....but again, he is arguably the best player in the game or right up there so ANY team with Tom is stronger.

Last edited:
If you needed to pass a HIA to post on Silvertails @Dan would be broke.

scrooge-donald-duck.gif

It’s just my opinion, but I don’t think we are playing better now because Tom got injured and we had to adapt. If he was playing behind the last 4 or 5 performances, we’d have put 50 on all comers because he is takes our game to another level.

The issues at the start of year had nothing to do with Tom’s involvement and how he was being used from a tactical standpoint...we stank because of the overall effort levels and desperation of our pack (an to a lesser extent the outside backs). There’s been a noted adjustment in attitude and as a result, we’ve started competing harder.

Collectively, it looked like we thought we could turn up in 2022 and it would all just come together...it’s a common issue for clubs that have bright seasons but fall just short...you gotta find the desire to start all over again. We didn’t have it to start with...then when we started finally building, Tom went down injured.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8