[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
No pics of Tom in this mornings Sea Eagle instagram feed.
Plenty of Foran running, but no Tommy.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Yep something I noticed too

think we may not be getting the full picture on this one.

hopefully turbo is ok.

Didn't the whole St George side in the late 90's wear those Torpedoes ?? I think they were supposed to stop corks in the thigh weren't they ? Quick fad that died out after a couple of seasons

I think they started doing that in their GF years in 1992-93. And thanks, I was trying to remember what they called them back then - Torpedoes. And you are right, they were supposed to stop corks.

They worked to a point, but most players found that running with that padding on their thighs was a bit restrictive which is one reason why they were soon discarded. It was a fad that actually trickled down to juniors. Even here in the Adelaide junior comp there were kids wearing them, not because they had any idea what they were actually for, but simply because the big leaguers wore them so obviously they were good.

No pics of Tom in this mornings Sea Eagle instagram feed.
Plenty of Foran running, but no Tommy.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Just got to remember that There were only 4 photos this morning and plenty of other players weren’t in the photos either

Are they out injured too?

I think they started doing that in their GF years in 1992-93. And thanks, I was trying to remember what they called them back then - Torpedoes. And you are right, they were supposed to stop corks.

They worked to a point, but most players found that running with that padding on their thighs was a bit restrictive which is one reason why they were soon discarded. It was a fad that actually trickled down to juniors. Even here in the Adelaide junior comp there were kids wearing them, not because they had any idea what they were actually for, but simply because the big leaguers wore them so obviously they were good.
I wore them as a junior when they were popular, they did SFA to prevent any sort of injury. They did reduce the risk of my junk sneaking out of my short shorts. I think at some point logos/advertising on them was banned and they didn't last long after that.

I wore them as a junior when they were popular, they did SFA to prevent any sort of injury. They did reduce the risk of my junk sneaking out of my short shorts. I think at some point logos/advertising on them was banned and they didn't last long after that.

You had logos / advertising on your junk?!?! Impressive.

A shame for you it was banned. Must've been difficult to get a partner after that.

lololololzzzzz

~coffee break~

Another 2 pics on MWSE Facebook and still no Turbo
Guys, is this merely speculation or what? I think we are all getting carried away with all of this. As long as there is no official comment from the Club I am going to go with he is ok and nothing to see here.

Didn't the whole St George side in the late 90's wear those Torpedoes ?? I think they were supposed to stop corks in the thigh weren't they ? Quick fad that died out after a couple of seasons
And we all know what happened at St George when someone forgot to wear the torpedoes

They got slapped in the face
1612226995063.png

Guys, is this merely speculation or what? I think we are all getting carried away with all of this. As long as there is no official comment from the Club I am going to go with he is ok and nothing to see here.
Just stirring

Let’s face it , it’s not a matter of IF, it’s a matter of WHEN.

And agree , 1.2 million for what “could” be a few games will start being serious.

But fingers crossed as we don’t want to be getting to those discussions do we ??

Comments from Brien Seeney who is NRL Physio on Twitter:

NRL Physio analysis: Trbojevic’s injury risk is the big question for many SuperCoaches, and there’s good and bad news. The injury rates after the 2020 Covid season break were high across the NRL, and players with a history of hamstring strains like Trbojevic, Matt Moylan, Anthony Milford and Dylan Edwards all suffered. There’s no getting away from the fact the Manly fullback will be at some increased risk in 2021, given sufferers of hamstring strains generally range from approximately 10-30% risk of re-injury. While the most risk occurs during the first 3-4 months back from injury, minor deficits can be present for up to 18 months after a hamstring strain. The big tick in Manly’s favour that puts Turbo in the best possible position to avoid future hamstring injury is the fact they have approached his rehab conservatively, not pushing him to return early at any stage. While these long lay-offs were frustrating for Trbojevic owners in 2019 and 2020, they put him in the lowest risk category moving forward. Considering the 9 months that will have passed since he suffered his last hamstring strain and the extensive testing he has undergone in the off-season there’s a good chance this risk will be very manageable for the Manly medical and performance staff. Foran and Suli should be fully recovered from their late season injuries from last season, while Taufua will unlikely be at his explosive best in 2021 as he aims for a mid-season return from an Achilles injury.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8