Turbo should go have a chat to Jamie Lyon about priorities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Turbo sit out origin to focus on his club career?

• Total voters
But if he played every game in a season for us we are paying him $40-50k per game. He doesn’t play every game so we are paying him more per game than he would earn playing origin
Yer, not a bad earn, when you get 50k from the club and get a fortnight off to collect another 30k, 80k for the week, not bad, can’t blame anyone for taking the coin, even though it sux for the the supporters and the club.

Yer, not a bad earn, when you get 50k from the club and get a fortnight off to collect another 30k, 80k for the week, not bad, can’t blame anyone for taking the coin, even though it sux for the the supporters and the club.

I just wish we had 8 players in the SOO teams .... 10 would be better ...

If one remembers, Greg Inglis owned Jamie Lyon at SOO level.

One could say he quit origin because of that.

Any Manly player picked for origin should play it if they want to. It generally makes them better players.

Last edited:
I can't think of a single example of a player being down on form, coming back from Origin with a new lease on life. All it does it bash their body around to the point that they run out of puff at the back end of the season.

Turbo's had a wretched run with injury and given his enormous salary, he owes Manly some games. Why he would even want to run out in a stupid exhibition game is beyond me. Origin is a load of bollocks. I would happily see the back of it completely. Play your dumb three games in the off season for all I care.

A) It's not up to him, if he's picked he has to play or sit out a club game anyway
B) some people on here should have a chat to Jaimie Lyon about their own priorities in life and hope they can succeed like Tom has in whatever field they are involved in.
C) It seems so selfish to hope Tom doesn't play rep games just so random complainer on silvertails has a more likely chance of a club win to boost their own ego and sense of self worth by supporting a winning team. Just be happy a few of our team are deemed to be the best in their state of origin and are selected at all.

I can't think of a single example of a player being down on form, coming back from Origin with a new lease on life. All it does it bash their body around to the point that they run out of puff at the back end of the season.

Turbo's had a wretched run with injury and given his enormous salary, he owes Manly some games. Why he would even want to run out in a stupid exhibition game is beyond me. Origin is a load of bollocks. I would happily see the back of it completely. Play your dumb three games in the off season for all I care.
Depends on the player. Nothing seemed to faze Beaver Menzies.

Depends on the player. Nothing seemed to faze Beaver Menzies.
As you mentioned Menzies, it got me thinking about our issues with Schu and Turbo spluttering and misfiring. Neither has the composure or calm stability of Beaver. Both are somewhat emotional and highly strung? Hopefully some experience and maturity will help Schu get there. I don’t know about Tom, TBH. His scars seem to run as deep as Snake post-scandal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6