Turbo should go have a chat to Jamie Lyon about priorities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Turbo sit out origin to focus on his club career?

• Total voters
Before tonight i would say no but every season there is a major injury and Manly suffers. He gets paid well enough at Manly so the Origin bonus is built into the money he is paid to the Physio recovery.

I should also add he should come out and announce it not the club

Killer was my all time favourite Manly player (just pipping Beaver). You just felt comfortable about a win with him in the team.

Have to disagree and have done this before. Its very regrettable what's happened to Turbo. I'm sure he's wondering why he's copping such a succession of bad injuries. Not his fault. He doesnt go out there to try to get injured. You could see the utter devastation on his face when this latest injury occurred. Just bad luck. Just because Lyon chose to seek exemptions from SOO (he cited family reasons) doesnt mean others are obliged to follow suit. Sure he's on big bucks, but you cant predict injury. DCE has played every SOO he's been selected to play in. So did Menzies. Do we discriminate because of bad luck with injuries now? Its painful not seeing Turbo out there, but remember most of his injuries have happened at club level. He could have played this weekend and copped a nasty injury again. Its a gamble. Would you prefer he never played for Manly?

Have to disagree and have done this before. Its very regrettable what's happened to Turbo. I'm sure he's wondering why he's copping such a succession of bad injuries. Not his fault. He doesnt go out there to try to get injured. You could see the utter devastation on his face when this latest injury occurred. Just bad luck. Just because Lyon chose to seek exemptions from SOO (he cited family reasons) doesnt mean others are obliged to follow suit. Sure he's on big bucks, but you cant predict injury. DCE has played every SOO he's been selected to play in. So did Menzies. Do we discriminate because of bad luck with injuries now? Its painful not seeing Turbo out there, but remember most of his injuries have happened at club level. He could have played this weekend and copped a nasty injury again. Its a gamble. Would you prefer he never played for Manly?
I think you will find that people have less issue with DCE and Beaver playing SOO, because they've already won a premiership for Manly. Had Turbo already won one already, you would find the pile on wouldnt be as bad. Not that I entirely agree with it.

Definitely should be at the stage now where Turbo should seriously consider or be expected to step away from rep duties and just focus on his remaining Manly career or what is left of it . Quite valid to cite other examples of more durable type players who have managed to have relatively injury free club and rep careers but sadly the facts are that Turbo is just a very injury prone player . Surely better and does owe his club at least some obligation to again exclusively just focus on his club commitments on an ongoing basis . Maybe he could come good again on the injury front in the next couple of seasons and more suited then to have another crack at rep duties if his form warrants it but with the circumstances right now and for many years now , really has just been a terrible situation and rep footy not helping one bit if this year is any trend . Not sure if Jake did the club any favors by and on the indications coming back too early in order to be considered for rep duties recently , All well and good to have a competitive outlook and have rep ambitions but surely the best interests of the club should come first . Not as if they have not already had the opportunity to rep

This has become a farce now. Out for the rest of this season. It’s a joke.

He should be ashamed. I genuinely believe we should start looking for a new fullback.
Couldn’t agree more! I bet my bottom dollar he was not fully fit from earlier injury but yet still greedy wanting to run out like a goose.
Show him the door and if his brothers aren’t happy they can go with him as they are not world beaters.
Shame but there comes a time where all good things come to an end.

I think you will find that people have less issue with DCE and Beaver playing SOO, because they've already won a premiership for Manly. Had Turbo already won one already, you would find the pile on wouldnt be as bad. Not that I entirely agree with it.

Somehow I don't see the relevance. Whether they won premierships or shared the wooden spoon makes no difference. I'm sure Turbo would treasure a premiership just as much as those two. Would we say to Olakau'atu, Schuster, Koula ' Hey guys, dont play SOO because you haven't been in a premiership winning side yet'. I'm sure that would go down well. This is the peak of Rugby league and to play it is a great honour. Do you want to deny a lfe time ambition to play at the top of the game, not to mention the dollar value to your CV. Granted Turbo has been out of the game for a lot of the past 4 years, including some SOOs. When he's fit and playing would anyone question his application and worth to the team.

Somehow I don't see the relevance. Whether they won premierships or shared the wooden spoon makes no difference. I'm sure Turbo would treasure a premiership just as much as those two. Would we say to Olakau'atu, Schuster, Koula ' Hey guys, dont play SOO because you haven't been in a premiership winning side yet'. I'm sure that would go down well. This is the peak of Rugby league and to play it is a great honour. Do you want to deny a lfe time ambition to play at the top of the game, not to mention the dollar value to your CV. Granted Turbo has been out of the game for a lot of the past 4 years, including some SOOs. When he's fit and playing would anyone question his application and worth to the team.
I think it does because of the sort of money he's on. When you invest so much into 1 player and he's playing SOO when he's clearly not 100 percent then he gets injured, I can understand why it doesnt sit well with some Manly fans. If he had won a premiership already then it wouldn't be as much as an issue because he's getting paid for what he's suppose to achieve at the club..win a premiership.
We can agree to disagree. Its just my opinion...maybe see what the other posters here say to get a gauge of whether it makes a difference or not.

You have to cop it to some extent if he's playing for your club & gets injured. We all knew what would happen hence this thread.. & here we are...

Just my 2 cents worth opinion, but the Turbo problem isn't Origin. Its his tackling technique. Throwing one arm out sideways against a hard running opponent seems to be the sort of thing that causes a broken collar bone or a torn pec.

Just trying to recall if Turbo has damaged the same pec muscle as when he sustained a pec injury in the latter stages of 2020 against the Storm at Brookie
one Saturday night . Finished his season that year and unfortunately looks like a repeat for 23

The difference is that origin or rep footy will give these guys experience and make them better players which they can bring back to their club form. Turbo has already dominated at rep level. He’s always going to be a could’ve been if he doesn’t deliver manly a premiership.

Just trying to recall if Turbo has damaged the same pec muscle as when he sustained a pec injury in the latter stages of 2020 against the Storm at Brookie
one Saturday night . Finished his season that year and unfortunately looks like a repeat for 23
cant confirm al
but somewhere in here yesterday i read it was the opposite

Both pecs in defence mode

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11