• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Deep pockets, good juniors.
Well a lot of money was spent on the sg ball team this year on kids from other areas. The brief was to do better than last years team of mainly locals . What happened ? They won one game.ryan is right the culture has changed and we either get used to it or don't bother.

That 20,s team provided hoppa, Foran, dce, Jamie b for the 2011 win....

By the time they are 18/19/20 they are probably worth a gamble.

But each year, how many Fg spots open up.

The smart money would be to build a top 20's team every 6/7 years.

By the time they are 18/19/20 they are probably worth a gamble.

But each year, how many Fg spots open up.

The smart money would be to build a top 20's team every 6/7 years.
That's right. This years 20s will be a lot better next year. Last years grand finals team were pretty bad the year before even with tom , liam,pearsall and co.i do feel that demetriou made a massive difference to the team great recruitment from Dave warwick

Oh, you are starting to sound like Hasler. This is his formula before and now.

Oh well, I've sounded like people worse than Hasler before.

Plan B, we could just wait until they go out and get pissed, get sacked from their club, and then pick em up cheap.

Well a lot of money was spent on the sg ball team this year on kids from other areas. The brief was to do better than last years team of mainly locals . What happened ? They won one game.ryan is right the culture has changed and we either get used to it or don't bother.
Who played well today mate

Your being slow again Ryan.

I am not arguing with you about our results. I am saying that results are a matter of investment. Like us buying JHW from Norths Rugby. We had a great 20's team. How has that worked out for us.

So, my question is valid, how much are you prepared to pay for junior success.

Me, I wouldn't spend 1 cent, until such time I could be guaranteed that talent developed would play for Manly.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Having a few coldies and watching the footy. Half time replies :)

I see you've regressed your responses to cheap and immature insults again. Aaaah @Woodsie , you have so much potential, but let yourself down with pettiness and squabbling my friend.

As for your point about the team we invested in, with the likes of Buhrer, DCE, Foran, JWH, Lussick, Edwards, Tasi, Hopoate and others, I think it rightfully supports my point.

That was a culture of success and dominance that created winners, internationals and representative players.

They didn't just try hard. They won games, and it has stuck with them today.

I'm sure you'll reply with some sort of insult, or run and hide with a one liner, because you're activated again.

Someone sent me a PM about not engaging you (no names, why cause more disharmony), but I've continued to give you a chance to rise above the schoolyard quadrangle rock throwing and tongue poking.

You just seem to continue to want to remain in the gutters. Not sure why you'd want to belittle yourself like that?

Who played well today mate
Darcy cox and johnny tuivati. There's potential there but ramien and Bainbridge on the right don't seem to be getting good service . Nicho was good at first but looks like he broke his hand.lots of injuries and the team got shuffled around a lot because of it.a wins a win I suppose, but it was ugly

20s goes in cycles, we made the GF last year and a lot of those players have stepped up (for us or elsewhere)

Of course this year was to drop off but watch us push forward again next year and beyond with Cust and Bainbridge etc

Chill the lower grades are for development not trophies

Sorry for the delay in replying. Having a few coldies and watching the footy. Half time replies :)

I see you've regressed your responses to cheap and immature insults again. Aaaah @Woodsie , you have so much potential, but let yourself down with pettiness and squabbling my friend.

As for your point about the team we invested in, with the likes of Buhrer, DCE, Foran, JWH, Lussick, Edwards, Tasi, Hopoate and others, I think it rightfully supports my point.

That was a culture of success and dominance that created winners, internationals and representative players.

They didn't just try hard. They won games, and it has stuck with them today.

I'm sure you'll reply with some sort of insult, or run and hide with a one liner, because you're activated again.

Someone sent me a PM about not engaging you (no names, why cause more disharmony), but I've continued to give you a chance to rise above the schoolyard quadrangle rock throwing and tongue poking.

You just seem to continue to want to remain in the gutters. Not sure why you'd want to belittle yourself like that?

Try to stay up to date.

Again for the simple ones. we are not discussing whether success is possible, we are discussing the fact that success is purchased. Yes we acknowledge that the 2011 team did well, but we bought that success. 6 of those players you mentioned were purchased.

My question to you remains, how much are you prepared to pay to win junior games? What price are you going to pay for an u/16 team.

Try to stay up to date.

Again for the simple ones. we are not discussing whether success is possible, we are discussing the fact that success is purchased. Yes we acknowledge that the 2011 team did well, but we bought that success. 6 of those players you mentioned were purchased.

My question to you remains, how much are you prepared to pay to win junior games? What price are you going to pay for an u/16 team.

If it creates a winning culture, as much as it takes. Without the name calling as well @Woodsie !!! See, it can be done.

And success is a culmination of many things, the biggest is culture in my view.

And these clowns (Penn, Kelly, Zorba, Recruitment) have all played a large part in rapidly regressing that culture of being known as a heavyweight.

Some people think you only need first grade to be successful as a club. I don't. You'll probably think that's a reason to name call. I think a strong front office, solid depth throughout a club, great coaching, luck, injuries, player development all play a part.

Culture Woodsie.

That means pride top to bottom. That means developing and harnessing your talent and youth.

That's what I saw with our NYC coach who was sacked. That's what I saw in Des who decided to leave. So on and so forth.

So, for the third time, yes, as history has clearly, and I mean CLEARLY shown with Manly, a strong junior side has lead to league leading and winning success. So as much as it takes.

At.least.to compete with the rest of the league (I say that without knowing or understanding the business side).

Hope you can respond without name calling or insulting. If at all possible for you.

So in amongst all that hysteria, I take it you said you would spend "as much as it takes" to win u/16 games.

Thank god you will never get your hands on the check book.

I am not sure why there is a belief that lower grades success = a winning culture

When was the last time we won a lower grade comp? I remember when the Bears were winning reserve grade comps in the 90's we would go a full year without winning a game in reserves....but still managed to compete for the comp almost every year.

As a club, in recent memory, we have never had consistent lower grade success. I am not necessarily saying it is right but it is how we have been as a club for a long long time

I am not sure why there is a belief that lower grades success = a winning culture

When was the last time we won a lower grade comp? I remember when the Bears were winning reserve grade comps in the 90's we would go a full year without winning a game in reserves....but still managed to compete for the comp almost every year.

As a club, in recent memory, we have never had consistent lower grade success. I am not necessarily saying it is right but it is how we have been as a club for a long long time

My memory goes back further than yours and it has ever been thus. Some years of sunshine, but not many.

When the junior reps were all local kids we just didn't have the numbers to produce really good teams consistently. But in every team we would have one or two local prospects just that bit above their peers.

Now that 80% of our junior Reps are imported school kids, it gets down to simple money and strategy.

So in amongst all that hysteria, I take it you said you would spend "as much as it takes" to win u/16 games.

Thank god you will never get your hands on the check book.

"Cheque" book. If you're going to attempt to belittle or insult, do it from the Australian language, not American.

Dear lord.

"Cheque" book. If you're going to attempt to belittle or insult, do it from the Australian language, not American.

Dear lord.

Oh that wasn't an insult. it was an expression of relieve.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4