Uate......time's up (again, again, again)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Uate shows bad defensive reads for a player with so much NRL experience.
The rule young U8's wingers learn is to stay on your man.
Personally feel room in extreme situations to rush and close down an attack and follow your inside players decision....thing is he rushes past his centre and last night was inside his edge defender????
There was NO overlap and it was a simple block play that was numbered up....yet Cotric scores untouched and basically holds up neon lights from that point....attack Manly's LEFT edge.
Suddenly he will score 2 tries in a game and all is forgotten and to be fair, he does some decent carries with the odd drop, like most wingers....but his downside is unfortunately outweighing his upside.
In fact, apart from the fact Api missing softened up the middle allowing that Raiders roll and quick tempo, the defence from Uate was hot on the heels in relation to where there breaks and points came from.

According to the stats Hodkinson and Poo made just one run each. Surely this inactivity can't be acceptable.
That's one too many for poo, didn't you see the writing on his wrist bands it said
Poo don't run Just PASS

Uate is a funny sort, last week great but this week totally caught out of position. That's what I don't understand.

Seriously...

How many more atrocities.

Twice in the first half he inexplicably flew in field off his wing position and gifted Motric two tries.

Take off those and we win the game comfortably.

He made all of 8 runs in the whole match.

And we all know he's an absolute shot duck trying to catch high balls.

He looks positively frightened the entire game.

If ever there was a liability costing us wins week after week this is it staring Barrett in the face.

I'll say it again, if Newcastle, who won the spoon 3 years running, punted him permanently to reserve grade, what possible reason could there be for leaving him in the Manly team?

We can't kick picking nice guys and mates, and we're all very sorry, but this is the NRL.

Enough is enough.
It's all @Woodsie s fault. He put the commentators curse on him. Once Uate saw that he'd been given an 'A' it all went to his head.:D

Dropping the pill, shocking defensive reads to bombing try's. This guy has cost us way more games that he has won. I get so nervous when he is close to the action because half of the time it ends as a poor result when it should just be a simple clean up. Need to go. He is costing our club big time!

Uate continues to have a problem with his defensive reads but his inside men are still not helping matters either . Really should"t be still regularly having this problem on his side and with D C E in particular still getting caught out sometimes [ and Suli once last night ] with defensive reads and which does make defending harder for Uate

Not making excuses for Uate, but that second try, Suli rushed up and in, so Uate had to as well leaving the overlap. Suli being new and only 19, and Uate went pretty good in the centres for Fiji, do you reckon if they swap and let Suli take Uates lead in defence IE stay on your man. Suli would give us Taufua like run returns. Just putting it out there.

He and Suli miss reading in defence cost us 8 points last night. If the touchies had their ****e together it would only have been four!! Uate has always played up and in and is vulnerable to cut out passes, we looked vulnerable all night down that side, we could not contain them when they went that way. Shame cause Uate does get us metres!

Not making excuses for Uate, but that second try, Suli rushed up and in, so Uate had to as well leaving the overlap. Suli being new and only 19, and Uate went pretty good in the centres for Fiji, do you reckon if they swap and let Suli take Uates lead in defence IE stay on your man. Suli would give us Taufua like run returns. Just putting it out there.
In the present situation and still largely inconsistent performances , anything is worth considering but could not see any advantage doing that

If we are dropping wingers. I nominate Jorge. With Matty Wright being so consistent, Jorge being back, has just reminded me how bad he is with ball awareness. Catching it. Batting it over the dead ball line. Even holding it so it can't be one on one stripped. If ever a winger needed to be moved to the back row. Surely it is Jorge.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10