Unbefrigginleivable - Rd 25 versus Titans Monday 1st Sept!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
Stupid dumb morons.  It beggars belief - makes it an impossible proposition for anyone from out of town unless they can get two days off work/school.

So if I want my boys to be able to say they were there for Beaver's last game their education must suffer.

I am incredibly angry.
do it mata
the day of school wont hurt them
school will be there in two days time bro.

Its ****ed
they are a disgrace
i wonder if melbourne asked for something for mini MG or brisbane for locky weather it would get snubbed

**** know.

It doesnt effect me cause im gonna be away for work when this game is played. But i feel for all the people who arent gonna be able to go because of this move.

NRL u are C U N T S

Bradza link said:
That's good news Dan.

I just sent this to the NRL Soapbox for all the good it will do...............

The decision to schedule the Manly v Gold Coast (Rd 25) game for a Monday night is a massive slap in the face for Steve Menzies and the legion of young fans that he has. This will be his last home match after 16 seasons and Fox's decision to schedule it for Monday night will result in many families not being able to attend and farewell him. Not to mention the supporters that have to travel from a distance or interstate.
The faceless person who made this decision is either clueless or heartless. This is a disgrace after all the time he has given to Fox over the years!
How about you come out and defend/explain this decision on air or in a reply email?!

Bradza Good email mate well said not sure if anyone in the NRL would care though.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
F**k me, can't beleive it

Hope they produce a fair number of these jerseys, i will certainly be purchasing one

What will this announcement be ? I am picking the obvious options, either a statue or the new Stand being named after him

What jerseys K E ?

Dan link said:
yes that was my mum on the radio. God how embarrasing

Dan you shouldn't be embarrased mate i listened to that lady caller today on 2SM i had no idea who she was though. Your mum sounds like shes a very passionate person and thats a good thing.

Just posted this on the soapbox for NRL on Fox - don't expect much from Fox though - they are responsible to a large degree...

Warren - explain this to me...

Round 25 sees one of the last true gentlemen of Rugby League - Steven "Beaver" Menzies - play his last regular season home game at his beloved Brookvale Oval.

Yet the powers that be that run this great game (NRL, Ch9 & Fox) found it in their wisdom to schedule this game for Monday Night Football.

Now, I understand the concept of the TV deal and the structue of matches etc to maximise ratings and revenue, HOWEVER, with the current state of the game and all the things happening off the field to sour its reputation with the public and more importantly the coporate dollar, you would think the "game" would take this opportunity to celebrate one of the icons of Rugby league.

Loyalty over salary, mates over money - all the things that seperate Rugby League from most other professional sports around the world are what the greatest try scoring forward of all time stands for.

Can someone step in with some greater thinking and get this game re-scheduled to a time and day that would allow the Manly club & the NRL to send him off in the fashion he deserves - not to mention the fact that a Sunday arvo game would ensure a sell out - a Monday evening will not be so favourbale - so the argument for revenue is strong as well.

Sometimes common sense has to prevail and sometimes the "game" needs to do a small favour for someone who has done so much for it over the last 16 years.

[quote author=Bradza link=topic=178063.msg192106#msg192106 date=1217927084]
Mata - go to the Foxsports site. http://www.foxsports.com.au/shows/nrlonfox
Half way down the page. I have written something before and received no response or acknowledgement but I encourage people to vent anyway.

Thanks Bradza for the link, I've just vented my spleen to those faceless maggots.........nicely of course.

Disgraceful!! Once again the incompetent NRL show that they couldn't organise a root in a brothel. Just let channel 9 and fox sports run all over the game like usual, and they wonder why the crowds are so poor.

Every week Rugby Leagues hole gets dug just a little deeper, they keep pressuring the fans to get involved yet do everything possible to alienate the fans. The only thing the NRL has going for it is the product on the field, yet their rules are starting to destroy that as well.

That really, really, really SUCKS.

It was tentatively scheduled for a Sunday afternoon slot on the official NRL 2008 draw based on the order of games listed for that round, but now we officially find out..

Fu**in Fox & Ch9 pullin' the big wig strings and forcing it to Mon night means I, along with my mates, along with many others no doubt, now cannot go, whilst we were really looking forward to a Sunday afternoon game.

Very, very poor form Fox & Ch9!
Geez. :mad:

I don't understand why Beaver has been so poorly treated by the NRL.  In the Centenary year you'd think he should have been the poster boy given he stands for everything you'd want to promote in the game.  A marketers dream. 

Instead he has been basically ignored, not even considered good enough to make the top 25 players of the last quarter century.  The top try-scoring forward of all time brushed for pugs like Gordon Tallis who shamed the game on several occasions.

Now this for his final regular season home game.  It would only make sense if Beaver had rooted the wife of Gallop or the Kind clown that "markets" the NRL. 

Do you think the club would have presented a case to the NRL regarding their desire to have this game on Sunday for the sake of Beavers farewell ??

If they did and the c0cksmokers still went ahead and scheduled it for Monday night then it just out and out vindictive anti-Manly behaviour. I don't understand why they would deny a champion like Beaver a home ground farewell after his years of loyal service.

Yes they did present a case and request to the NRL

Well that's farked then, they are just being spiteful. I'd love to find out who the faceless, gutless little twerp who approved this was.

Do you think the world would have come to a screeching halt if say the Dragons and Eels played on Monday night instead ?

Chip & Chase link said:
Well that's farked then, they are just being spiteful. I'd love to find out who the faceless, gutless little twerp who approved this was.

his name is Fox Sports

And here you got that little drug taking wank Andrew Johns working for Ch 9 and smiling every time the camera points at him he thinks he's **** don't stink. He doesn't even come close too the great Beaver as a person/player on and off the field for mine it's a ****ing insult.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4