Update on membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyArmy said:
The only reason they have so many members is because not only is majority of their fan base around Western Sydney, but because there is nothing else to do in the ****hole out there. Exactly like Souths.

Well aren't u a f@rk wit Manly Army...you are the kind of up yourself knob that gives Manly supporters a bad name...

And on a previous question...No Football does not get crap scheduling like the NRL....it put on for families and they respond...Hey winning helps, but we do that

Wow - that's pretty impressive isn't it Isz. Whats the cost for that membership?

lsz said:
Or you could could look at the offer to the members - pretty compelling

Access to all 13 Western Sydney Wanderers FC home matches at Parramatta Stadium
Free government public transport to and from Parramatta Stadium with your members card*
Exclusive Members-only Wanderers team line-up sent straight to your mobile phone prior to every home match**
Exclusive Members-only match-day draw to gain access to the Wanderers post match media conference***
Exclusive Members-only entrance at Parramatta Stadium prior to main gates opening~
Minimum 10% discount on all food and beverage at Parramatta Stadium
Minimum 10% discount on additional pre-purchased match day tickets

Exclusive 2013/14 Membership cap
2013/14 Personalised Membership Card
2013/14 Lanyard & Card Wallet
2013/14 Fixture Magnet
2013/14 Keyring
2013/14 Member Bumper Sticker
Access to exclusive Members-only merchandise
2013/14 Club Benefits:

Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers National Youth League home matches when you present your members card
Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers Westfield W-League home matches when you present your members card
Exclusive Members-only access to purchase tickets to club presentation night
Minimum 10% discount on all Wanderers FC merchandise both on match days and via the online store
Priority booking for Hyundai A-League finals series matches when the Western Sydney Wanderers FC qualify
Priority Access to tickets for all Western Sydney Wanderers FC Asian Champions League matches^
Free Entry into the Football Family (including priority access to Qantas Socceroos Tickets - email address required)
Exclusive Members-only weekly eNewsletter to keep you up-to-date with club news, exclusives and important information
Exclusive Members-only Invitation to member-only fan days, inner sanctum forums, and annual Member thank you
Priority Access to Wanderers football School Holiday clinics for Juniors

If we added some of those things to our membership, we'd surely hit 15,000 members

Frogz said:
ManlyArmy said:
The only reason they have so many members is because not only is majority of their fan base around Western Sydney and they are a passionate bunch out there, but because there is nothing much else to do out there.

Well aren't u a f@rk wit Manly Army...you are the kind of up yourself knob that gives Manly supporters a bad name...

And on a previous question...No Football does not get crap scheduling like the NRL....it put on for families and they respond...Hey winning helps, but we do that

Better?

There's a high school just around the corner from where I live. Their uniform colours are Maroon and White. The first time I noticed this, my mind went straight to Manly! If most of the students there are rival teams supporters, it probably either hasn't dawned on them yet that they're wearing Manly's colours or the realisation has hit them, they're just reluctant about having to wear two colours that aren't their beloved teams colours each and every day of the year.

ManlyArmy said:
lsz said:

Free government public transport to and from Parramatta Stadium with your members card*
Exclusive Members-only Wanderers team line-up sent straight to your mobile phone prior to every home match**
Exclusive Members-only match-day draw to gain access to the Wanderers post match media conference***
Exclusive Members-only entrance at Parramatta Stadium prior to main gates opening~

2013/14 Fixture Magnet
2013/14 Keyring
2013/14 Club Benefits:

Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers National Youth League home matches when you present your members card
Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers Westfield W-League home matches when you present your members card
Minimum 10% discount on all Wanderers FC merchandise both on match days and via the online store
Priority booking for Hyundai A-League finals series matches when the Western Sydney Wanderers FC qualify
Priority Access to tickets for all Western Sydney Wanderers FC Asian Champions League matches^
Free Entry into the Football Family (including priority access to Qantas Socceroos Tickets - email address required)
Exclusive Members-only weekly eNewsletter to keep you up-to-date with club news, exclusives and important information
Exclusive Members-only Invitation to member-only fan days, inner sanctum forums, and annual Member thank you

If we added some of those things to our membership, we'd surely hit 15,000 members

Frogz said:
ManlyArmy said:
The only reason they have so many members is because not only is majority of their fan base around Western Sydney and they are a passionate bunch out there, but because there is nothing much else to do out there.

Better?

Which of those things are you after. A lot of what's listed there already come included in our Membership packages. Letting us know the things you think we need added would help us improving our memberships.

One that stands out is discount of food and drinks for members. Maybe even free transport for members to and from Brookie from a certain location on the beaches that is booming with memberships.

Larissa said:
ManlyArmy said:
lsz said:

2013/14 Fixture Magnet
2013/14 Keyring
2013/14 Club Benefits:

Frogz said:
ManlyArmy said:

Better?

Which of those things are you after. A lot of what's listed there already come included in our Membership packages. Letting us know the things you think we need added would help us improving our memberships.

In the 2012 membership package there was a member 2012 car flag included. I was surprised but happy to receive this. I attached the flag as well as another Manly car flag on the back windows (left and right) of my car when Manly went into the finals.

I wouldn't mind receiving member car flags. You can fly them for the finals. "BEWARE OF THE FLYING EAGLE AT FINALS TIME" :dodgy:

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
In the 2012 membership package there was a member 2012 car flag included. I was surprised but happy to receive this. I attached the flag as well as another Manly car flag on the back windows (left and right) of my car when Manly went into the finals.

I wouldn't mind receiving member car flags. You can fly them for the finals. "BEWARE OF THE FLYING EAGLE AT FINALS TIME" :dodgy:

Those car flags are pretty popular in Canada I've noticed. Though not many Manly ones (yet) just canucks and or Canadian flag ones.

From the club!

It has been a massive year for the Sea Eagles in which they broke their Membership record and the 2013 season has now finished at 11,321 Members.

The Seal Eagles would like to thank the support from each and every Member and looks forward to having you back on board in 2014.

globaleagle said:
From the club!

It has been a massive year for the Sea Eagles in which they broke their Membership record and the 2013 season has now finished at 11,321 Members.

The Seal Eagles would like to thank the support from each and every Member and looks forward to having you back on board in 2014.

Half Seal half Eagle? A scary combo!

Mals said:
globaleagle said:
From the club!

Half Seal half Eagle? A scary combo!

lol, I did not pick that up! (so I boldededded it)

globaleagle said:
From the club!

I don't get the apathy of the majority of fans.
The club has 77k likes on Facebook and 22k twitter followers yet that converts to 11321 members.

I'd love to see alot of the videos and inside content the club provide on social media be either restricted to members only or shortened for for everyone and extended content members only.

The club do a great job with fan interaction but I don't get they get bang for their buck.

Im with you Cambo....WSW have 32k likes and thats 15k memebers...Imagine if we could get half of the 77k from Facebook.

Im with you Cambo....WSW have 32k likes and thats 15k memebers...Imagine if we could get half of the 77k from Facebook.

CAMBO said:
globaleagle said:
From the club!

I don't get the apathy of the majority of fans.
The club has 77k likes on Facebook and 22k twitter followers yet that converts to 11321 members.

I'd love to see alot of the videos and inside content the club provide on social media be either restricted to members only or shortened for for everyone and extended content members only.

The club do a great job with fan interaction but I don't get they get bang for their buck.
Fair question – there are clearly many people who like Manly, and are interested in following our fortunes, but who haven't yet joined up as members?

Does that really have anything to do with apathy? No.

Well, how can we attract more members? I think it is a gradual process of educating fans about what membership can do for the team you support.

It's still quite new. Actively enticing fans to become members is a relatively new concept in league, in fact it's really only for the last few years that this has been a priority. It is now - and the NRL itself coordinates a generalised campaign to encourage fans to become members of the teams they follow.
I do not see how 'punishing' or excluding fans who haven't yet signed up is a great idea. On the contrary, the more interesting information and features are accessible, the more likely fans interest will be further attracted.

Chicken or egg? As Cambo points out, there are thousands of fans who already identify with Manly to some extent. As a matter of logic, people will be more likely to join if they have a really strong like or association with the team. People like the team because of its performances, its players, its history and culture. The more that attractive information about all these is publicly accessible, the more people might become attracted to the Sea Eagles.

Taking the plunge Getting fans to make that psychological shift – from having maybe liked or followed the team's fortunes for years, to now joining as a member - does require some trigger. The leagues generalised campaign helps, as do all the initiatives of our club (thanks Larissa & co).

What does it mean, anyway?Nowadays our club is a private/community partnership, with private owners having the majority holding. The privatisation began in 2004 and enabled the club to survive, having been left financially broken following Super League, and having endured a failed merger with Norths under the name 'Northern Eagles'.

Since then the private owners have carried the bulk of the financial burden of running the NRL team (which, as with most clubs, usually runs at a loss).

The current ownership structure means that becoming a member of the Sea Eagles is not the same as becoming a member of a traditional type of club, in that there is no equity attached to membership, and no right to vote on anything. In one sense, membership of the Sea Eagles is really only a pre-purchase of a certain number of match tickets for a particular season, though it does come with some other benefits.

A vote?There is still a way for fans to become members of Manly in a more meaningful way, and that is to also join the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club ('the FC'). The FC ran the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles from inception until it was privatised, and still retains a small holding in Sea Eagles (currently about 12%). The FC also has representation on the board. The FC also holds one 'preference share' which carries control of the colours and name, and guarantees at least 10 home games be at Brookvale each season. The FC is a more traditional type of 'club' and members who join can qualify to vote.

So why join the Sea Eagles? There is only one reason to join the Sea Eagles, in my opinion. It isn't to get cheaper tickets (though we do get cheaper tickets). It isn't to get lanyards and hats (sorry GE) merchandise discounts and access to finals matches. It isn't to get access to players and coaches, and it isn't for a host of other benefits that attach to membership. And I don't advocate that the reason to be a member should be to get access to inside content and videos.

The reason to join is simply to help the Sea Eagles. That's it. That is the reason. It helps the Sea Eagles in many ways when fans make the financial commitment to membership each year. The significance goes beyond the fees coming in. The level of fan commitment to the Sea Eagles is also important to our position within the NRL, and within the community.

Prohibitive cost? True, there are many people who cannot afford to pay for anything in advance. A damning fact of our current social system. However there are many more who can, and the job of the membership teams includes making sure people know what packages may suit them, making sure they know what benefits they may gain from membership, and, most importantly: making sure that prospective members - people who already like the Sea Eagles - understand how their membership would actually help the Sea eagles continue to prosper.

They're worth supporting! The Sea Eagles have provided me with heaps of entertainment over the years. Following their fortunes (usually successful) has so often provided me with a compelling diversion from life's more serious problems. I've been a member for a few years now, and I certainly feel a lot more invested, and a lot more involved, as a result. I am also a FC member, and though I've never voted on anything, it feels better to know I can have a say if I want to. What was it The Doors once said, "The future's uncertain…" ?

Note – our membership has increased strongly over the last couple of years, so well done to Larissa & the team. I'll renew my memberships next year.

Can I have your hat then?

Some great points above. I also wonder if people just don't know enough about it?

Or in this age of technology is that a naive statement?

Sometimes I think the membership I have (the can't get to the games one) may be of use to a lot of Sydney people who think they have to pay several hundred for a package.

To know there are packages to suit everyone PLUS easy pay systems should turn a few more people into members. It's just letting them know.

Maybe jackman should retweet info re our membership packages and earn his high profile fan status! (though ask him nicer than that.)

As I've stated before, I was surprised (and embarrassed a bit) when I found out about memberships - though in my defence I was living in qld and the internet hadn't reached there yet.

edit: Crikey! I forgot to say well done to Larissa and her team as well for the last few years.

Probably our largest challenge in spreading the word as far as possible is our limited above the line marketing budget.

Larissa said:
Probably our largest challenge in spreading the word as far as possible is our limited above the line marketing budget.

Oh definitely! I think and would hope we all realise that.

Hopefully all those on facebook and twitter can help spread the word.

I think the nrl has a duty to help out as well. (which ser8 said they're starting to do).

Especially if they have this big 'war chest' of money laying around.

I find it strange that in this day and age of instant and accessible information dissemination, people seem to be unrealistically more bizarre about the info they share.

i.e: Sometimes you can beg for a retweet for a good purpose and not get it, then same said person feels the need to tweet about the lunch they ate.

Meh - maybe I'm just on crack*

*I'm not on crack.**

** Whatever that is.

globaleagle said:
Can I have your hat then?

Some great points above. I also wonder if people just don't know enough about it?

Or in this age of technology is that a naive statement?

Sometimes I think the membership I have (the can't get to the games one) may be of use to a lot of Sydney people who think they have to pay several hundred for a package.

To know there are packages to suit everyone PLUS easy pay systems should turn a few more people into members. It's just letting them know.

Maybe jackman should retweet info re our membership packages and earn his high profile fan status! (though ask him nicer than that.)

As I've stated before, I was surprised (and embarrassed a bit) when I found out about memberships - though in my defence I was living in qld and the internet hadn't reached there yet.

edit: Crikey! I forgot to say well done to Larissa and her team as well for the last few years.

Same here, I have followed Manly for many years but living in C Qld I just never gave becoming a member a thought. I have been a member since 2010 and this season have a reserved seat, which I will be renewing in 2014. Not sure what the answer is for turning all those fb and twitter followers into becoming members but keep up the great work Larissa.

A few years ago my cousin and I went to a Souths game (him being a Souths supporter) and we spotted this bloke wondering into the ground with the black leather gold rabbit jacket on. Cousin went up to this bloke and asked him how or where did he get one of them from because he wanted one.
Answer was because he was a member they had exclusive stuff to buy, next day (whilst hungover) cousin became a member.
In effect it was basically advertising to become a member.
Maybe that could be looked at.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4