• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ella Kasmar

Reserve Grader
Hi all! I have definitely been M.I.A. this season on this forum but as the calm before the storm sets in - or should I say HSC - I am beginning to get a bit more time back!

I don't know if anyone will be interested in this but I thought I would update you all about what has been going on in my life and my plans for next year, even if only a couple of people read this @:D

As touched on before and as many of you already know I am in year 12 so of course it has been a bit hectic this year. My school does the HSC compacted which is quite rare, especially seeing as though I go to a plain old public high school on the Northern Beaches! Because of that, I have already sat three of my HSC exams and got the results of them last year, with those subjects being Advanced English, General 2 Maths and Society & Culture. This year, to finalise the rest of my subjects I will be sitting the HSC exams for Legal Studies, PDHPE and Extension 1 English. I also am taking Extension 2 English however that subject has no exam and is just a major work (basically a huge project that takes 9 or so months to complete).

Speaking of major works, my Extension 2 English project is finally due tomorrow! Most people do short stories, films, plays, or critical responses on various literature, however of course I had to incorporate sport into mine ;) so i chose to do a critical response on the language we use to communicate sport! It was quite hard being so different to the standard project but hopefully its originality pays off!! It also meant I got to analyse 'Beaver: The Steve Menzies Story' and The Fibros and Silvertails documentary which was pretty cool @;)

So now the aim is to be getting an ATAR between 85-90+, although I only need around an 84 to get into my dream course of a Bachelor of Communications majoring in Journalism at the University of Technology Sydney.

Between school work, seeing my boyfriend, hanging out with friends and footy I haven't had much time to do anything else, especially journalism wise. I have continued to do a segment on Thursday morning radio with Grant Goldman on 2SM, mainly so that I still am doing at least something even if it is small.

My plans for next year of course are to go to university as I said before, as well as work somewhere. There is a chance I have been offered to have a job at a certain news outlet but I will not say anymore until I find out more, as well as when I find out if it is a paying job or just an internship. For the past couple of years I have interned at the Sydney Sixers BBL team but the current plan is to not do that this year and be able to just enjoy the games. I have been offered to write the pre-game write ups for Manly Cricket, which is a volunteer role but I love the culture down there and a lot of the people are awesome who I know so I couldn't pass it up!

So yeah, that is basically what is going on in my life right now/what the plan is for next year. Things obviously may change between now and then but we shall see what happens!

Hopefully I now will have time to write more things on here now and add a few comments to various posts :wasntme:

If anyone has any questions about what I said, my opinions on any situations to do with Manly or anything else at all just comment below :)

It's good to be back!

Miss your articles, was always good to read something from a Manly fans perspective.
Good luck with the rest of the year.

Good luck Ella !!!
240_F_107122268_4uMb9HsDAGKnfnquLlZXKhgWgD38RuYM.jpg

Good luck Ella you will smash the Hsc and get the grades you need. Keep it up and let us all know how you go

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8