Van Nguyen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
And once again, speculation ios not scientific proof.

Also who are NIDA to tell anyone about drug use. A bigger bunch of hippies there is not!

Find me scientific studies and results that have not been debunct please, or dont bother!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
exactly.

Read this http://cannabisnews.com/news/thread14808.shtml

The person who conducted one of the studies of late, doesnt want to say either way of the results, because there is no proper scientific study proving it. Just hearsay and conjecture

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
of course I wouldn't because of the way society deems it.

But to out and out attack it without knowing any of the facts or experiencing it yourself smacks of hypocracy!.

What kind of person would I be to say to a kid "Hey smoke pot its great"

You are mistaking my sticking to the FACTS for support of it. I dont support drugs or drug taking. I dont support blind opposition to anything either. I always strive to find the facts!

by the way http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17479477-29277,00.html should he have been hung?

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
but you said the punishment fits the crime! He is guilty of the same crime. Why doesn't the punishment fit the crime here?

That doesnt make sense byso and you are in danger of having your entire argument undermined!
Your only saving grace would be that this is coke and not harry.....but if you check the figures on related deaths of harry and coke, you would be startled at how similar a crime it is

byso

First Grader
I was always supporting Singapore's law. I also support Australias law.

Nice try though Dan I could see your hook from a mile away :)

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
no hook champ.

You said the Punishment fits the crime!

This is the same crime, so why does two different punishments fit the same crime?

That doesnt make sense byso!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
in some of the op's I am not trawling through them!

Despite the laws you were talking of opinion, if you believe it fits the crime, then it fits the crime everywhere not just under local laws!

Garts

First Grader
IMO pot can cause mental illness and depression.

The drug itself is a depressent

It generally causes users to be depressed in the short term from use (I dont mean by using it only once) and from what I have seen long term use causes permanent depression. Everyone I know who has used Pot long term seems to suffer from it to some degree.

I have sucked down my fair share of billys in recent years and this is based on my experiences and also witnessing a friend who is pretty messed up mentally as a result of a few years of pot abuse.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

It generally causes users to be depressed in the short term from use (I dont mean by using it only once) and from what I have seen long term use causes permanent depression. Everyone I know who has used Pot long term seems to suffer from it to some degree.

I have sucked down my fair share of billys in recent years and this is based on my experiences and also witnessing a friend who is pretty messed up mentally as a result of a few years of pot abuse.

based on opinion only and not medical or scientific proof.

To make a statement that "pot causes depression" you have put the onus on proof on yourself!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
A bit from column a and a bit from column b.

But I am only going by what you have said.

Garts

First Grader
[quote author=Garts]

To make a statement that "pot causes depression" you have put the onus on proof on yourself!
[/quote]

I said "IMO pot can cause"

I will take my life experience over what science can or can not prove to base my judgement in this case. imo science can not prove everything.

I have also seen more articles and tv reports with research supporting it would cause mental illness than showing it does no harm at all.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

I said "IMO pot can cause"

I will take my life experience over what science can or can not prove to base my judgement in this case. imo science can not prove everything.

I have also seen more articles and tv reports with research supporting it would cause mental illness than showing it does no harm at all.
[/quote]

You have seen inconlusive evidence on tv and in articles. If you have ever read an actual medical article/journal through you will see there is no conclusive results in this field at all.

When it comes to medicine and mental illness, science and medice can teach us a lot more than personal experience. I grew up on the northern beaches dude, and know as many pot smokers as you, heavy users and light users, none of them suffer from depression

Garts

First Grader
and I am sure it does not cause mental illness in every case of use. at least I hope not for my sake!!!!

the reasearch I have seen said use increases the risk of mental illness, I personally dont need to see conclusive evidence for me to believe it can cause it.

Would you agree that current research shows it is likely that mental illness can be caused by smoking? Or do you believe that current results probably prove that smoking has no result of mental illness at all?

I know that science can teach us quite a bit but I have seen enough from medical research and personal experiences to sway my decision on the matter.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I wouldnt agree sorry, because there are just as many studies showing it doesnt cause any illness or increase the risk, but that is hardly news worthy material, which is why you have to seek out that information elsewhere.

Mate eating margarine increases your risk of mental illness just as much as pot!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12