Vave to the Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After tonights game Vave can plod over to the scum of the earth anytime he feels like it. We leave Liam Knight in reggies for this guy amazes me.

I'd like to see Some different players tried after the Bulldogs match . Pick a genuine 5/8 like Hynes and 1 or 2 other fringe or younger players a go . Liam Knight is one player that comes to mind.

If season is over why not go with this. We have nothing to lose but can gain plenty from it next season.

Tommy, Taufua (or Wiliame), Lyon, Walker, Parker, Hynes, DCE, Jake, Buhrer, Knight, Lussick, Parcell, Taupau. Int: Koroisau or Jamil Hopoate, AFB, Myles, Meehan (if cleared or if not then - Vave)

In some ways I'm pleased that the campaign is virtually over. We werent going to be more than also-rans if we made the semi's. The reason being that we dont have the personnel at this stage to challenge effectively. We've got several top draw players but they are surrounded by fringe or reserve players. In my opinion of the team that played last night,

T. Trbojevic; Rep level. Future star but still in infancy
Taufua: First grade standard
Brown: Reserve grade standard
Wiliame: First grade standard
Wright: Reserve grade standard
Walker; Rep level but only as centre
DCE: Rep level
Lussick: First grade level maybe higher
Green: Fringe level
Koroisau: Fringe level
Taupau: First grade standard. Potentially higher
Buhrer: Rep Level
J. Trbojevic: Rep level

Leary: Reserve grade, maybe fringe level
Starling: Fringe to first grade level
F-Blake: First grade level
Vave: Fringe to first grade level

We have I believe several young players who are potential first grade and possibly higher level, but still developing like Knight, Hopoate, Tom Wright and maybe Parker, Hynes with a couple like Bainbridge and Cust on the way up but a few years short yet. Parcell is first grade level and potentially higher. Myles is first grade level but slipping. Lyon of course is top draw but leaving as with Brett Stewart who is slipping. Matai is rep level and should be retained for another year if his injury is not too debilitating. Obviously Blake Green and Meehan have to be considered.

If possible I would be blooding a couple of the potential first graders like Knight, Hopoate and maybe even Tom Wright on the wing before the end of '16 to see how they fare. My team, unless there are further additions for next year

Tom T.
T. Wright
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
Miles or Lawrence if fit
Taupau
Buhrer
Jake T.

Bench

F-Blake
Knight
Hopoate
Meehan or Starling

Vave, Wiliame and Koroisau as next cabs.

Last edited:
Coaches live and die by their records. Blooding new talent with the aim of looking to the future is not going to happen..... It is all about the here and now..

Coaches live and die by their records. Blooding new talent with the aim of looking to the future is not going to happen..... It is all about the here and now..

You're probably right rifraff but frankly I think the horse has bolted, the fat lady has sung her last tune, the rats are jumping ship, the game is over for Manly. Time to think of the future. Blooding players now gives them just that little bit extra experience for next year. And besides I suspect a couple of the younger players with their enthusiasm would probably do a better job than some of the 'reserve-fringe' players in the team at present. Barrett has seemingly done enough to be coach next year. Time to think long term.

In some ways I'm pleased that the campaign is virtually over. We werent going to be more than also-rans if we made the semi's. The reason being that we dont have the personnel at this stage to challenge effectively. We've got several top draw players but they are surrounded by fringe or reserve players. In my opinion of the team that played last night,

T. Trbojevic; Rep level. Future star but still in infancy
Taufua: First grade standard
Brown: Reserve grade standard
Wiliame: First grade standard
Wright: Reserve grade standard
Walker; Rep level but only as centre
DCE: Rep level
Lussick: First grade level maybe higher
Green: Fringe level
Koroisau: Fringe level
Taupau: First grade standard. Potentially higher
Buhrer: Rep Level
J. Trbojevic: Rep level

Leary: Reserve grade, maybe fringe level
Starling: Fringe to first grade level
F-Blake: First grade level
Vave: Fringe to first grade level

We have I believe several young players who are potential first grade and possibly higher level, but still developing like Knight, Hopoate, Tom Wright and maybe Parker, Hynes with a couple like Bainbridge and Cust on the way up but a few years short yet. Parcell is first grade level and potentially higher. Myles is first grade level but slipping. Lyon of course is top draw but leaving as with Brett Stewart who is slipping. Matai is rep level and should be retained for another year if his injury is not too debilitating. Obviously Blake Green and Meehan have to be considered.

If possible I would be blooding a couple of the potential first graders like Knight, Hopoate and maybe even Tom Wright on the wing before the end of '16 to see how they fare. My team, unless there are further additions for next year

Tom T.
T. Wright
Matai
Walker
Taufua
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
Miles or Lawrence if fit
Taupau
Buhrer
Jake T.

Bench

F-Blake
Knight
Hopoate
Meehan or Starling

Vave, Wiliame and Koroisau as next cabs.
Koroisau is not fringe level. He has been really good the last couple of weeks and all year. He plays with his heart every game for us, last night he was one of a small amount of our players who played great. He made plenty of tackles everyone hitting hard. He gave us spark. He is a great player and you continually say he is crap because of his passing? Have you watched Hodgson? Granville? Their passing is worse than Apis yet you continue to say a good hooker hits the cheats every time. Only 1 hooker I have ever seen hits the chest every time, M Ballin. And Parcell is the guy you want wearing the 9? What has he done this year? Nothing! Api is a smart hooker with the ability to create! Parcell does not have that. Sure I'm bias towards Api! But my facts are truthful and real. Commentators see his brilliance, former legends see his brilliance! Why can't you?

Koroisau is not fringe level. He has been really good the last couple of weeks and all year. He plays with his heart every game for us, last night he was one of a small amount of our players who played great. He made plenty of tackles everyone hitting hard. He gave us spark. He is a great player and you continually say he is crap because of his passing? Have you watched Hodgson? Granville? Their passing is worse than Apis yet you continue to say a good hooker hits the cheats every time. Only 1 hooker I have ever seen hits the chest every time, M Ballin. And Parcell is the guy you want wearing the 9? What has he done this year? Nothing! Api is a smart hooker with the ability to create! Parcell does not have that. Sure I'm bias towards Api! But my facts are truthful and real. Commentators see his brilliance, former legends see his brilliance! Why can't you?

Turbo, love your passionate defence. However, the criticism of Api is justifiable.

But, what is in Api's favour is that he is strong in all the areas you can't coach, and weak in a couple of areas that can be coached/improved.

Last edited:
Turbo, love your passionate defence. However, the criticism of Api is justifiable.

But, what is in Api's favour is that he is strong in all the areas you can't coach, and week in a couple of areas that can be coached/improved.
Thanks mate as you can tell I'm a big fan of Api. Look I agree on you point that he has natural talent that IMO no other hooker has, his late game poor passing is a result of his fitness he puts in so much, mainly defence in the first 60 that he is stuffed in the last 20-10 mins. I'd prefer Barrett to give him a rest just before half time, so he can blow teams apart in the first 30 in the first half. He brings so much more IMO than Parcell to the side, don't get me wrong Parcell is a great prospect but has nothing more to his game than speed, tackling and quality passing. Api brings tries, rock hard defence, zip around the ruck aswell as from dummy half and offloads, a neat kicking game and short passing close to the line. Hopefully baz gets it right.

Sorry Turbo. I know Koroisau is one of your favourites. And I'm not suggesting we should get rid of him. He's improving but remember this fellow played second string to hookers at Souths and Penrith and the player who beat him to the position at Penrith has been ousted now by Peter Wallace, who is a better than average hooker, but hardly star quality.

I've watched Koroisau and he does some good things and I would have him very much as a back up. But for me he struggles especially late in a game and is often guilty of some average periods. I think Parcell offers more, is just as good a defender, is quicker on his feet and with his service and adds that unpredictable element you need in the middle of the ruck to keep the opposition forwards from spreading out and diminishing the outside backs chances to move. I will, having regard to your arguments though, correct my comment and say he is first grade level but nothing more.

Sorry Turbo. I know Koroisau is one of your favourites. And I'm not suggesting we should get rid of him. He's improving but remember this fellow played second string to hookers at Souths and Penrith and the player who beat him to the position at Penrith has been ousted now by Peter Wallace, who is a better than average hooker, but hardly star quality.

I've watched Koroisau and he does some good things and I would have him very much as a back up. But for me he struggles especially late in a game and is often guilty of some average periods. I think Parcell offers more, is just as good a defender, is quicker on his feet and with his service and adds that unpredictable element you need in the middle of the ruck to keep the opposition forwards from spreading out and diminishing the outside backs chances to move. I will, having regard to your arguments though, correct my comment and say he is first grade level but nothing more.
You don't need to change your opinion mate cause that is your opinion. Also he was behind luke and segeyaro, not exactly easy players to take spots off. He did start a number of time for Penrith with segeyaro on the bench also.

You're probably right rifraff but frankly I think the horse has bolted, the fat lady has sung her last tune, the rats are jumping ship, the game is over for Manly. Time to think of the future. Blooding players now gives them just that little bit extra experience for next year. And besides I suspect a couple of the younger players with their enthusiasm would probably do a better job than some of the 'reserve-fringe' players in the team at present. Barrett has seemingly done enough to be coach next year. Time to think long term.

Whilst I agree, I think you will find that unless we get more injuries we will be prevented from blooding more youngsters due to salary cap restrictions.

I think the salary cap might put the kybosh on blooding anymore players for this year. We had pretty much used up our second tier cap when Knight debuted so I don't know if there is any room left for trying Meehan, Hynes or JHoppa. I know we have moved on Mateo and Burgess but not sure if that frees up any cap space or not, we may well still be paying their contracts for all I know.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Whilst I agree, I think you will find that unless we get more injuries we will be prevented from blooding more youngsters due to salary cap restrictions.

Yes I'm aware of that and its a problem I agree. We need to prepare for next year. I think with the team being put together and a couple of those young players added as I mentioned, we will improve markedly next year.

You don't need to change your opinion mate cause that is your opinion. Also he was behind luke and segeyaro, not exactly easy players to take spots off. He did start a number of time for Penrith with segeyaro on the bench also.

No I changed it not to placate you but because I think I was being a little too harsh on him, which you demonstrated. Still think Parcell is the ticket but I'm prepared to accept egg in my face if Koroisau moves another step up in his performances. He's certainly not the reason Manly have been losing.

By the way Segeyaro got the nod ahead of Koroisau and then less than a year later Wallace sends Segeyaro to oblivion. Wallace is pretty good and has played a little rep football but he's a few levels down from Smith or as you mentioned Luke (at his prime)

No I changed it not to placate you but because I think I was being a little too harsh on him, which you demonstrated. Still think Parcell is the ticket but I'm prepared to accept egg in my face if Koroisau moves another step up in his performances. He's certainly not the reason Manly have been losing.

By the way Segeyaro got the nod ahead of Koroisau and then less than a year later Wallace sends Segeyaro to oblivion. Wallace is pretty good and has played a little rep football but he's a few levels down from Smith or as you mentioned Luke (at his prime)
I reckon Wallace has been very good also, I wanted him as nsw rake this year he is just doing his job really well which is pass and tackle.

Api has heart ,tries hard ,defends great ,sometimes is even our best player on field.But his ball service is nothing more than average at best.
Would be more useful playing a defensive 5/8 role.
I still would rather see Api receiving the ball on the 5th rather than watching Walker's brain farts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7