Very impressive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His Dad was a NZ rep.

I'm not sure Justin is quite international standard yet, but he has been a solid replacement for Gift so far. He should hold a bench spot at this point when Glenn returns.

The Who said:
Horo has surprised me. I thought when he played at Parramatta he was a great attacking player - a 5/8 in a big body. But with us he is really only playing a defensive role. He's very good at it, mind you.
But I'm sure he can attack when/if Tooves gives him free reign.

And Donny Singe has said "we have seen nothing yet, Parra have been training him all wrong, just wait to later in the year" (from the mouth of the master trainer himself)

Starting with the positives, the direct explosive good leg drive/punch in our forward pack is relentless now and does not fade in rotation.(i've wanted more punch and directness in our forwards for years)

Forwards are also working off the ball better and actually looking to be put through holes with a trailing run expecting a short pass or an offload into a hole not just second phase play with a lay off pass.

Defensive line speed, mobility and effort has greatly improved along with fitness levels. The added depth in our forwards has also helped raise the level of intensity for longer periods.

The attack has been worked on, trying to be more direct especially during the Bronco's game--- Horo running good decoy lines with real effort and expectation he might get the ball not just for the sake of making the run.

Foran has looked sharp with more flexibility to add numbers in the middle and right side for variation, obviously working more in tandem with DCE also which is good but it could be short term(i hope not) to add more variation to the right side attack until Stewart comes back.

Still not happy with DCE no problem with his effort but he is lacking any sharpness, directness through the middle, either with a show and go, a show go and pop a ball off his hip or working some sharp short inside and outside plays. To me he is over complicating his thoughts and not playing with simplicity, always second guessing himself.

Foran has looked real sharp this year but i still want to see him offer a short passing option off his hip on either side, most of his passes are second man plays, holding the ball back for a deeper option or an early long pass to our outside backs. Both halves are lacking short pass variation with a double pump or show outside and pass inside off the hip, need more trailing runners not just outside in decoys.

Things are looking good this part of the year and I'm not complaining very happy with the effort and fine tuning so far but our attack needs more variation and science in the red zone. I can still see us being frustrated and not scoring early points against good defensive outfits.

If only Toovey wasn't a crap coach, we could have kept them below zero. If only we had Matthew Elliott.

Horo has been very solid, but far from a gun IMO. Has anyone noticed his little chicken legs? When gift comes back him and Bhurer will be fighting it out for a bench spot. Symonds is a better option than both IMO.

Had to laugh when Joe was limbering up doing stretches before he came on, and Warren Smith was obviously impressed (and so he should be)talking about Joe turning 35 mid year! Same as Cliffy, Ruben Wiki, Presto...some blokes, there's no point in highlighting there age...it means nothing.

Matabele said:
My only criticism is the lack of urgency when returning the kick.

The only shortcoming in Snakes game IMO. Has always been his weakpoint, and has got more tentative since the knee ops it seems. No biggie though, he more than makes up for it in other ways.

I was a bit disappointed in Bhurer tonight, he was the one who missed some of the knights line breaks in the middle and gave away a stupid penalty. His effectiveness with the ball was almost non existent and he got pummeled almost every time.

Bench for me when Gift returns and agree that Symonds if he stays fit will probably start before season is out

Fluffy said:
I was a bit disappointed in Bhurer tonight, he was the one who missed some of the knights line breaks in the middle and gave away a stupid penalty. His effectiveness with the ball was almost non existent and he got pummeled almost every time.

Bench for me when Gift returns and agree that Symonds if he stays fit will probably start before season is out

I thought he tackled the heart out of the Knights and was mostly there when needed before being yanked. I guess we all see it differently.

He won't make an impact doing DH runs. Second-phase is his go with his step, but that isn't the current role Tooves has given him.

Chip and Chase said:
Matabele said:

The only shortcoming in Snakes game IMO. Has always been his weakpoint, and has got more tentative since the knee ops it seems. No biggie though, he more than makes up for it in other ways.

It's not just his run back. He ambles over to collect the ball, doesn't attack it in flight, often gets tackled 2-5m out which is a bad place to start a set.

Matabele said:
Chip and Chase said:
Matabele said:

It's not just his run back. He ambles over to collect the ball, doesn't attack it in flight, often gets tackled 2-5m out which is a bad place to start a set.

Makes up for it defensively, but the amble does my head in on occasion - if only he was as good an fb as I am in my head!

Matabele said:
Chip and Chase said:
Matabele said:

Im pretty sure he is just being more careful these days due to his bad knees. One time tonight he ran backwards towards our own try line like he didn't want to get smashed by the defense. He more then makes up for it with his defense/organization at the back and his great ball playing skills in attack.

voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:
Chip and Chase said:
Matabele said:

Makes up for it defensively, but the amble does my head in on occasion - if only he was as good an fb as I am in my head!

Seriously?? You guys are hard markers.

It seems that eveybody wants a modern day fullback in the Slater, Barba, Bowen mould.

The Snake has remodelled his game over the years for obvious reasons, he's not the tearaway he once was but either was Dennis Lillee at the backend of his career - but still no slouch.
Why rush back for the sake of a couple of metres -you could isolate your dummyhalf, risk an error etc - when your experience and trust in your teammates and their trust in you lets you determine how/where to start the next set.

Rarely makes an error or misses tackles that should be made and his direction around the park is up there with the best.
Still the best fullback in NSW.

^^^ Yes Indeed. Its the same reason he succumbs in the tackle on the first rather than trying to bust them. Making sure he doesnt get injured, retains the pill & allowing others to come back on side.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6