Very impressive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
StuBoot said:
voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:
Chip and Chase said:
Matabele said:
My only criticism is the lack of urgency when returning the kick.

The only shortcoming in Snakes game IMO. Has always been his weakpoint, and has got more tentative since the knee ops it seems. No biggie though, he more than makes up for it in other ways.

It's not just his run back. He ambles over to collect the ball, doesn't attack it in flight, often gets tackled 2-5m out which is a bad place to start a set.

Makes up for it defensively, but the amble does my head in on occasion - if only he was as good an fb as I am in my head!

Seriously?? You guys are hard markers.

It seems that eveybody wants a modern day fullback in the Slater, Barba, Bowen mould.

The Snake has remodelled his game over the years for obvious reasons, he's not the tearaway he once was but either was Dennis Lillee at the backend of his career - but still no slouch.
Why rush back for the sake of a couple of metres -you could isolate your dummyhalf, risk an error etc - when your experience and trust in your teammates and their trust in you lets you determine how/where to start the next set.

Rarely makes an error or misses tackles that should be made and his direction around the park is up there with the best.
Still the best fullback in NSW.

Well said

Yeh, your probably right. Line breaks aren't all they're cracked up to be, and if I was trying to get on side I'd rather run back to where the ball is then have the ball run back closer to me, keeps you warm and all. ;)

Chip and Chase said:
Yeh, your probably right. Line breaks aren't all they're cracked up to be, and if I was trying to get on side I'd rather run back to where the ball is then have the ball run back closer to me, keeps you warm and all. ;)

Of course thats quite apart from the time he takes you dick lol.

Don't worry I love the Snake, wouldn't swap him for any other fullback. He can amble around on kick returns as much as he likes.

simon_eagle said:
Great to hear Foz on Triple M saying that he wasn't so impressed with our performance tonight, particularly with our completion rate. Great to hear that after grilling the opposition.
And I totally agree, if we are to succeed in this comp , and I know it's still early still ,but we need to put these sides away when we get these half chances.
I agree with foran, but regardless very happy with the start.

Matabele said:
My only criticism is the lack of urgency when returning the kick.

I'd have to agree with you. Snake has never really been a great kick returner, but the Knights were able to find a heap of ground with long kicking with our wingers taking a fair amount of time getting the ball back. This will be a key factor against the Storm with Smith and Cronk arguably the best general play kickers in the comp.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6