Very poor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This loss hurt plenty but I disagree about the Eagles being poor. They definitely made critical errors and did some dumb things. Two of the tigers trys were luck of the bounce (I know that the Benji one came from a poor kicking option) but the luck was certainly with the tigers.
At 18-nil at half time I thought the Eagles might be shameful and rack up a score similar to the broncs vs canberra.
The boys did extremely well to almost snatch the match from the tigers.
Should have won this one but you can't win 'em all.
Moving on, Eagles to beat the Bunnies 13+.

The fact that we were kept scoreless in the first half really got me.  I'm tired of being down 12+ points in the first 20. 

Maybe this is Des' challenge to the team - win the comp from the bottom half of the 8.  You know, just to keep things interesting.......  ???

I don't think we are crediting the Tiges enough for a great effort. Their scramble defence was very, very impressive. They were stuffed from a pile of big hits from us, yet still found that something extra to cover our attacking plays. They got the luck of the bounce (or catch) in the first half and capitalised on it. Our discipline is what was poor. T-Rex showed what he can do (and hopefully it isn't the only one that goes in the scrapbook). The Tiges were just more up for it than us and that is often what it comes down to.

I'm not giving the Tigers one bit of credit MB. They were a disgrace.

We gave them all three of their trys. Not once did they apply pressure, build a set & show enough vision to crack our line. They simply took advantage of our broken field full of battleships in the backline.

We were all over them & the only problem was our last tackle options which were good enough for six trys in the end. Unfortunately not all six went to us.

Manly won that game everywhere except the scoreboard which you just can't afford to do in this comp because we'll get beaten for real sometime soon, maybe by Souths, & then we're in a world of pain.

Tigers can consider themselves lucky. Manly can consider themselves stupid.

It wasn't to do with their attack (agreed) and for 80 minutes it didn't come down to just our fifth tackle options. If the Tiges didn't defend then we should have posted a Raiders v Broncos score. My guess is it would be because they tackled their bums off. :p

Can anyone tell me what that penalty against Watmough was at the start that gave them the 2 points?

I had the sound on mute and couldnt see anything wrong with it, he didnt leave early or anything

yeah, Watmough did move up before the dummy half even bent down to pick up the ball and was all over him. Not sure of the official rules on this one, but if it were allowed you'd never want to get tackled 1 metre from the line for the dummy half would never get the ball away

Watmough had a right to go for the ball.

I am pretty sure you are allowed to go as soon as the player playing the ball's foot touches the ball.

Dan link said:
Watmough had a right to go for the ball.

I am pretty sure you are allowed to go as soon as the player playing the ball's foot touches the ball.

I thought it was the 'ball has cleared the ruck'. But I've never known what cleared the ruck actually meant.

Fro link said:
It isn't what they did after the 18 - 0 that is the problem. Its the time BEFORE that.

Are some of you so thick that you can't work out that if we stopped giving leads like that we might win some games comfortably.

Imagine what would happen if we gave a lead to one of the front runners like St George..........oh wait, we dont need to imagine, BECAUSE THEY LAPPED US!!

Open your eyes and see what is glaringly obvious

My no heart call was based on three things and being there.
1) I think it was Big George chasing down Benji in his runaway try.
2) Apart from Choc - At no stage in the 1st half did the players fired up. Not until the 2nd half try the team thought they could win it.
3) Orford kicking game in the 1st half was shocking and im sure they did not put 1 bomb up. Those gubber kicks straight at the opposition was annoying.

I have not seen the match on TV which may show things different.

dissapointing to lose. But we gave away 18 easy points in the 1st half. thats enough to beat most teams.

take the positives. we shut them down in the second half.

watmough demolished them (he needs a support player) caint wait for snakes return. Good to see choc stood up their speedy fullback

finally T Rex showed us why we got him.

theres plenty to learn from this loss, maybe its the wake up call we really needed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4