Views on Bulldogs Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Same as it was since round 1 - faster more mobile pack winning the ruck area giving more time for outside men in attack.
Defence offering great line speed for the full 80 minutes getting numbers in tackles to control the play the ball area.
Suggested in earlier threads that Tooves has gone for the athletic, mobile & fit fowards who compete 100% in every tackle that so far looks to be a winner, no doubts its the defence Manly are building success on.
Not to put a damper on an impressive display but its hard to judge this game without defending Kasiano,Eastwood & Graham who can take numbers out of the defence & give Barba/Morris way more room to move.
Same token, missing Gift who is a massive part of the 2013 assault, imo the best 1 on 1 tackler in the NRL & has great attacking vision though as mentioned in other posts, love to see him play more direct at times & also give Lyon early ball to take on his opposite number.
Good as we are going, come the finals, everyone will remember how valuable Glen is....

At least make up some bull**** qualification to add credibility to your point.

ManlyBacker said:
It makes me wonder whether players like Buhrer and Gift are going to fit with the current tactics. Gift has been a sensational tackler for years and I always chuckled to myself when a big bopper thought that would be an easy way through. Clearly we are getting attacking line speed through the likes of Lawrence, Choc, Fa'aosa and Kite and using Foran and DCE to link it out wide, but we are winning the games on defense through Ballin, swarming forwards and our centres. I agree with TC that we need further development in our attacking options.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Buhrer in NSW cup when Gifty comes back. It'll be him or Horo i think. Depends What you want from your bench.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Think Gifty should be re-introduced via the Cup or for bench duty say 35 mins playing time. Our current style, defensive speed, attacking patterns demand it. Its no shame to Gifty, he's had surgery on knee.

Buhrer should be the relegated player, i dont know if its the headgear or not, but i always get the impression of a fragility to his on-field presence, and we dont need this with our current healthy stable of back rowers.

Stevo said:
At least make up some bull**** qualification to add credibility to your point.

Scientific qualifications that show fat weighs more than muscle - does not get more credable than that.

Funny how when i use the common simpleton wrongly used yet mostly accepted way of making the point that muscle is more dense than fat people prefer that i be "technically" correct and should of included the extension---- "Of the same cubic volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more"

When you keep things in context muscle does weigh more than fat but the common use of "muscle weighs more than fat" in it's "stand alone" form is technically incorrect.

I will in future stay consistent to past and present form and over elaborate every point i make to the boredom of readers and remain a technical facade i have proudly created over the years here in Silvertails.

Technical Coach said:
Funny how when i use the common simpleton wrongly used yet mostly accepted way of making the point that muscle is more dense than fat people prefer that i be "technically" correct and should of included the extension---- "Of the same cubic volume of muscle and fat, muscle weighs more"

When you keep things in context muscle does weigh more than fat but the common use of "muscle weighs more than fat" in it's "stand alone" form is technically incorrect.

I will in future stay consistent to past and present form and over elaborate every point i make to the boredom of readers and remain a technical facade i have proudly created over the years here in Silvertails.

One thing I like about this forum is that even though we all follow Manly we are all different. Some are very different.:D

Buhrer's future in this side is as a #14. His utility value is what makes it hard to drop him. He can cover back row, hooker and the centres (although I HATE seeing him in the centres).

Unless Symonds can cover hooker I can't see Buhrer getting dropped.

Good problem to have though - deliberating over whether a SOO rep is in your top 17

Technical Coach said:

A very interesting debate that has shaken my views TC.

I'm now not convinced that a kilo of muscle weighs more than a kilo of fat.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6