Vlandy’s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Vlandy’s

What he has done for the game means nothing when he is not delivering now.

It means even less if your followers don’t believe you can achieve in the future.

Once people loose belief in your ability to deliver your credibility is shot!!

Consistency in rulings since magic round, have not been around NRL, the senior players in the game allegedly want him out.

I have not been around NRL headquarters to get the Dunny Weeder smoke.

Last edited:
He has delivered nothing to the game that any other administrator would not have done. Case in point: AFL was back one week after the NRL last year.

He also negotiated a TV rights deal where Fox and Nine are paying tens of millions of dollars LESS to the NRL. They were the winners out of that deal, not the NRL. Now the NRL is again the loser because we are stuck with ill conceived, seat of the pants administrating with no foresight or strategy for the future

Take today's match

They got rid of the second ref to save money (after basically giving the TV rights away). Then they wanted to make the game faster with the set restarts. But now the bunker wants to rule on high shots. So now we go back four tackles and a changeover for the bunker to review a high shot that the second referee would've picked up instantly, and we waste minutes wondering whats going on while the ref tries to interpret what the bunker saw that he didn't

Take again this crackdown - it makes no sense to clamp down on it the way they have. What changed between this year and last year when Latrell stiff-armed three people in three matches and got a one-week suspension out of it?

I get the crackdown. They are essentially changing the way the game is played, and will be played in the future. They have to. In my opinion, and I’m serious here, the game won’t exist in 10 years if getting concussed is considered “part of the game”. The world is changing, like it or not. A concussion during a game needs to be considered the exception rather than be expected.
Concussions will always occur in a collision sport like this, hips, knees, heads in the wrong places in tackles etc.
But players don’t have to tackle high. They do it because they’re coached to do it.
In saying all this, the NRL made a mistake in cracking down during the season. They should have told coaches in October that it starts next season. That would have given them a bit of time to work on technique.
But even then, two things need to occur to make it work.
1. The rule, or more importantly the penalties, have to be applied consistently. How that will be done, I’m not sure, because it’s not happening at the moment. People in the NRL are paid to work that out
2. The legs tackle needs to be rewarded and treated as a dominant tackle, with the defender being allowed to hold on for a few seconds, rather than release immediately like they’re required to do now.
Like it or not, rugby has it right. They cracked down some time ago, and any contact with the head is a yellow card (10 minutes), or sent off. The coaches and players adapted, and most games are played now without players spending time on the sideline.

TBH about all that V'Landys has done better since taking over from Greenturd is that the game no longer needs a supply of tampons to stop the money bleeding from NRL HQ.

Right now he's killing the game. Seriously, if they aren't careful they are going to go into Origin with the teams looking like the last days of City vs Country where it was almost last man standing who got a jumper. But instead of last minute withdrawals through some mysterious injury, it will be players getting suspended left, right and centre.

Vlandy’s

What he has done for the game means nothing when he is not delivering now.

It means even less if your followers don’t believe you can achieve in the future.

Once people loose belief in your ability to deliver your credibility is shot!!
Just took a loss after three weeks to pipe up

Just took a loss after three weeks to pipe up
No the loss is a loss, the reason is this round was totally inconsistent from the previous two rounds, any contact to the head was a sin bin in magic round and the following round.

This round they are saying forceful contact to the head is a sin bin, finding it very confusing to follow.

Have listened to Vlandy’s comments and the dictatorship he is currently overseeing, in any field a decent management group would consult all relevant personnel, in this case the 16 coaches, Vlandy’s however reached out to one and that was Bennett.

No the loss is a loss, the reason is this round was totally inconsistent from the previous two rounds, any contact to the head was a sin bin in magic round and the following round.

This round they are saying forceful contact to the head is a sin bin, finding it very confusing to follow.

Have listened to Vlandy’s comments and the dictatorship he is currently overseeing, in any field a decent management group would consult all relevant personnel, in this case the 16 coaches, Vlandy’s however reached out to one and that was Bennett.
Nope. I saw inconsistencies last week. It just hit us hard this weekend and you noticed

Nope. I saw inconsistencies last week. It just hit us hard this weekend and you noticed
No chief, I have been calling it since magic round when Burr was binned for Teddy falling into the tackle,.

My dig is at Vlandy’s he is behind it and has been very vocal of this, credit to you for raising last week.

No chief, I have been calling it since magic round when Burr was binned for Teddy falling into the tackle,.

My dig is at Vlandy’s he is behind it and has been very vocal of this, credit to you for raising last week.
I agree. I don't have a problem with calling out the big V. I just think many of us were silent last week because of that big emotional win over Parra that was in our favour... nevertheless, the inconsistencies were there for all to see who watched gamers across the round.

Hasler was right to call out the garbage in the presser, unfortunately, it doesn't carry as much weight when it only comes in reaction to your team getting shafted. If he came out last week with concern over the issue it would have carried more weight.

I agree. I don't have a problem with calling out the big V. I just think many of us were silent last week because of that big emotional win over Parra that was in our favour... nevertheless, the inconsistencies were there for all to see who watched gamers across the round.
I wasn’t silent last week. There was some dubious sin binnings for both teams last week and I’ve been vocal about that. It had the potential to ruin a great game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8