Vote: Experience or Youth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which team would you prefer to run out on Sunday against the Eels?

• Current Team named for Rd 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rookies!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
for someone so well versed in the capacity of our young players im surprised you dont know his story.

he suffered a horrible knee injury whereby he stripped and dislocated it in early 2008.at the time there were doubts he would play again.after year plus rehab he made his return after the sunshine coast had made a horrible start to the season and were running 10th.from there they lost very few games,rolled through the semis and won the GF easily.he was universally regarded as the most influential player in the comp and was selected as halfback in the residents rep side.

so no,he did not play all games but did come back from a horrendous injury,took his team to the gf,won it from 10th and was selected as best half in the comp.im sure he wasnt a patch on moorwood but he tried..

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=susan ridgepipe link=topic=182669.msg255291#msg255291 date=1268888856]
so everyone who played QRL last year was no good because Morwood won player of year.the NSWRL player of the year last year was guess who?Another Manly legend Grant Wooden ,so by extension  every NSWRL footballer last year was no good.please!!!

the reason blokes like him win awards like that is because they play every game,are never training with the NRL squads or on standby.the broncos and titans have 2 or 3 different feeder clubs,sometimes their contracted players  play,sometimes they don't.they rarely if ever train with the feeder sides.

Didn't Hodkinson play every game as well ? He was playing every game that I saw anyway ;)
[/quote]

From memory, I think that the only game that he missed last year for the SCSE was the weekend before one of the SOO games as he was chosen and played halfback for the QLD Residents against NSW Residents game prior to the main SOO game.  SCSE lost that weekend but with him back they went on to win the following week and many more after.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6