Waddell - a pleasant surprise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well said @maxta. He's always done his job without being a stand-out, but since coming back he looks so happy to be at Manly and he's really stepped up. It seems to have given him a new lease of life (very similar to Brown).

His return was probably helped by his sister being engaged to Jake but I think it was still smart recruiting by Seibs. Deserves his spot in the team and hope he keeps it up.

Hmmm. Not sure of this. Might have worked out ok last week but we're facing a vastly different beast this week. RTS , CNK, DWZ, Montoya. It's a hyphenated nightmare that's going to be thrown at us out wide. That speed will run rings around our now very slow backline. Can see big problems this week.

Hmmm. Not sure of this. Might have worked out ok last week but we're facing a vastly different beast this week. RTS , CNK, DWZ, Montoya. It's a hyphenated nightmare that's going to be thrown at us out wide. That speed will run rings around our now very slow backline. Can see big problems this week.
Yeah, I'm not sure how Ben is any better than Parks in the centres. But I guess he gets first go coz he's already there.

We played a three time premiership winning backline on Saturday mate.

Waddell was great in 2019 but had a poor 2020 with most of the squad. As others have mentioned, he did well at the dogs and I believe was forward of the year. A good bench option.
One of the highlights of 2019 was Waddell's try in the semi final against Souths. Elliot drifted out and Waddell angled in and went through a yawning gap. From memory, very clever ball playing from Dylan Walker.

I remember reading somewhere that CW mk2 has really worked on his fitness during the offseason
And it’s been evident in his appearances since his return

Well done to him and hope he continues his good form

My favourite thing about Waddell so far is when he screamed for the ball a late in the game against the Eels and single-handedly forced himself over the tryline to give us a fighting chance of winning. It was great to see the energy and enthusiasm coming off the bench.

CW 1.0 played best when he got more than 10- 20 minutes game time. His games where he played less than 20 minutes were riddled with errors, as was Jetski at the same time.
CW 2.0 doing well atm.
Maybe Trent Barrett will stake a claim on his improvement as he took him to Belmore after he brought him to Brooky.

Our underrated machine.
Like most I thought he was at best a depth signing and if he played regular games we were in trouble.
But he has taken is game up two levels this year.
Great defence
Plays with energy
Runs hit ups and runs angles.

So much to like about his game this year.hard to not have him in the top17

Keep it up.

Our underrated machine.
Like most I thought he was at best a depth signing and if he played regular games we were in trouble.
Great defence
Plays with energy

Keep it up.
He doesn't want to disappoint the brother-in-law

Our underrated machine.
Great defence
Plays with energy

Keep it up.
He seems to have developed well at his last gig , funny but when he left I thought “ good “ , when he was re-signed I thought “ oh **** “ , now I’m thinking “ go you good thing “.

When he first played with us he was early 20's. Around 23-24. You could see he was a smart footballer and got himself into the right place at the right time but was still a little raw and, somewhat, uncouth. The 3 years away has given him more experience and time to develop his game and has helped with the progression of what we see now. His relationship with the Trbojevics would also likely have played its part too.

I wasn't a fan of this signing.

But he's quickly converted me. I'd go as far to say I have no issue with him owning that left edge forward spot.

And right now Im not convinced Burbo isn't our best option at left side centre either when he's back fit.

Is there a place in our best 17?

I'd say burbo in second row with a bench of Lodge, sipley, brown and anyone but Sharon

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8