Wake up to yourselves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Back in the good old days a string of losses and a fervent team bashing on the forum would be inevitably followed by a true supporter starting a "wake up to yourselves" thread. Where pointing out the low IQ of those questioning the teams ability or commitment is paramount (throw in a "you've never strapped on a boot" for maximum effect)

I'm concerned that the current situation is so dire that not even the most optimistic here are keen to take the moral high ground and call out the naysayers. Is there not one here among us who sees a light at the end of the tunnel ?

Anyway here it is. Wake up to yourselves !!! We can't stay this bad for much longer.......surely ??

Tommy Turbo back soon. Schuster looking good. Planets are aligning so DCE due. Des throwing the spreadsheets out the window and coaching eyes up footy. Fainu closer to being acquitted. I can see us avoiding the spoon, that's a win this season as far as I'm concerned.

Back in the good old days a string of losses and a fervent team bashing on the forum would be inevitably followed by a true supporter starting a "wake up to yourselves" thread. Where pointing out the low IQ of those questioning the teams ability or commitment is paramount (throw in a "you've never strapped on a boot" for maximum effect)

I'm concerned that the current situation is so dire that not even the most optimistic here are keen to take the moral high ground and call out the naysayers. Is there not one here among us who sees a light at the end of the tunnel ?

Anyway here it is. Wake up to yourselves !!! We can't stay this bad for much longer.......surely ??

Tommy Turbo back soon. Schuster looking good. Planets are aligning so DCE due. Des throwing the spreadsheets out the window and coaching eyes up footy. Fainu closer to being acquitted. I can see us avoiding the spoon, that's a win this season as far as I'm concerned.

I’ve not said once we’d win the spoon.

This is dire but at some stage they’ll get a few wins, hopefully just enough to avoid the spoon.

But nevertheless it’s still dire.

It’s not just 3 or 4 losses against better sides , it’s 13 soon to be 14 losses with 1 win.

I believe the team will come out of the other side of this. I feel this forum is generally very pessimistic (not everyone) hopefully this pessimism is not within the team itself.
In saying this I hate watching us lose but I know it will be so much more sweeter when we start winning again.

The problem I see is the coach. Why has it taken nearly a season to blood schuster, we have good crop of juniors.
While Suli continues to miss his defensive duties?

It is dire and I think it’s time for cust and schuster to play halves and cherry to hooker

it’s been cherry’s team for 8 yrs and look at the results !
What !!!one premiership and ripped off in another with a Clive Churchill medal. Plenty of greats have never won an NRL GRand Final.
Des has screwed Jake T's game and I think DCE may have the same problem

What !!!one premiership and ripped off in another with a Clive Churchill medal. Plenty of greats have never won an NRL GRand Final.
Des has screwed Jake T's game and I think DCE may have the same problem
I would argue Lyons and snake controlled the team back then but you may be right Des has screwed Cherrys game but he was inconsistent under Barrett as well .

I paid $75 for a fuucking hat for our 75th Anniversary.
I do not want it to be known as the ‘first spoon hat’!
Might end up being a collectors item

One of a kind

Des says that the team is putting in the effort

The problem is that the team could all give 100% and it will never be enough to win many games as they just don't have the talent

Des is delusional if he thinks otherwise

I’ll say it . I think we get the spoon. We are playing a game that does not even resemble 2021 rugby league. Coach won’t change strategy unless sacked and kids won’t get a chance.Players won’t play for Des. That was obvious last year.

That’s this year. After that with a new coach and great junior reps I see a resurgence. Turbot Fainu DCE Shuster is a spine that will win games.Kane is a good young hooker. Koula Ola Weekes Sione ...
Plenty to look forward too

This year is a **** pile and it’s not going to change because there is one certainty - the coach will not change.

Last edited:
The coach wont change and its why our "stars" aren't playing well. DCE and Jake and Marty have had 2 sh1t years, because they aren't being coached to play in the modern game. We are years behind the top 6 and it shows even more this season. We are slow, boring and predictable.

I wish i could share your optimism but after 7wins from 24 games no changes on the horizon and probably the worst ive seen a manly team perform in 35yrs to the degree that we call missing out on the wooden spoon a win..i just dont share that optimism or enthusiasm atm which sucks major

I don't even no where to start with our current situation as a club. Generally, I am always looking for the positives. Looking for solutions that can be found for current issues, based on focusing on and developing those positives. I am not seeing positives for our club in 2021. That doesn't mean they are not there i.e Schuster et al but that the club's mentality/culture is dysfunctional at best and totally delusional at worst. It's not that we don't have the capacity to make necessary changes right now, but there is clearly no willingness or intent to do so. It seems that we have accepted that mediocrity is ok for 2021. I am baffled and bewildered by what is happening right now. We are not playing like any other Manly team I remember. What we are producing is embarrassing, and unfortunately I cannot see that changing anytime soon. No heart. No guts. No passion.

And what about DCE saying in his interview one win will change everything! He’s not thinking straight, not being honest with himself or anyone else for that matter, I know it’s already been mentioned but I want to bring it up again, his reaction after being pumped by Ravalawa, who does that, have you ever seen a player respond like that before? and if your his team mate, what do you think, his your captain, how’s that pump the team up, I’d be filthy and looking for the get square. His kidding himself, if he can’t see his part of the problem, his lost it. I want more from my captain, his tried laying down the law before and it just doesn’t work for him, he can’t pump the boys wheels, (because they find it hard to respect him) I don’t have the answer for an alternative because we are short on leaders, I wonder how it would affect Jake? Would it be good for his game or is he too emotional about his footy, meaning could he handle it and would he be able to get some passion and respect happening. Maybe Tom when he returns, RTS can do it from the back, the boys would listen and follow Tom, he has an aura, worth a thought. can’t maintain the current status quo, it’s toxic.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8