Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
If he’s found not guilty, we won’t be able to sack him even if the club wanted to. I’d imagine he would sue for wrongful dismissal and he would get a payout and another club would sign him in an instant.

If he is found guilty (which I now doubt after his fiancés testimony) then I’m sure we would sack him and hopefully the NRL would deregister him so no other club signs him.

I doubt he’d get a lifetime ban from the NRL if he’s found guilty, rather than a 2 year ban or so. He’s very young and I can see him coming back after some time out of the game.

But for now, he’ll be on our books but doubt we’d sign him again after his current contract anyway. He’s had a few incidents now in his young career.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If he’s found not guilty, we won’t be able to sack him even if the club wanted to. I’d imagine he would sue for wrongful dismissal and he would get a payout and another club would sign him in an instant.

If he is found guilty (which I now doubt after his fiancés testimony) then I’m sure we would sack him and hopefully the NRL would deregister him so no other club signs him.

I doubt he’d get a lifetime ban from the NRL if he’s found guilty, rather than a 2 year ban or so. He’s very young and I can see him coming back after some time out of the game.

But for now, he’ll be on our books but doubt we’d sign him again after his current contract anyway. He’s had a few incidents now in his young career.

Great summary of the issues and agree with all of what you said

Class of 96

Bencher
Regarding the comments about members and sponsors running for the hills, why then would the club feature him in a trial? They are waiting on the testimonies and judicial process before hanging him in a non judicial kangaroo court, as they should.

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Regarding the comments about members and sponsors running for the hills, why them would the club feature him in a trial? They are waiting on the testimonies and judicial process before hanging him in a non judicial kangaroo court, as they should.
Spot on !!!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Guys no one on this forum was there so not one of us knows what happened, how serious it was etc. The report about the pulled hair has not yet been clarified and if any one actually witnessed the incident. Certainly there is the phone call and certainly something has caused the alleged victim to leave the home in distress. But there seems to be a lot of seeing the incident through personal interpretations of the information being forwarded, some of which may be enhanced paper talk. I agree if he is guilty, the Sea Eagles and the NRL need to make an example of him, as well as the courts, as happened with Jamil Hopoate. But if the matter is dismissed, it is not up to us to then make our own judgement from a distance, based on what we imagined happened. He may wrongly get off the charge, but do we honestly know that that will be the case. That's why we have a court system, the best in the World, to look at this dispassionately and impartially, with the wisdom expected of those who we have to make such decisions, and with a far greater knowledge of the information before them, than we have. Let the court's determine the question of guilt or innocence. They are not stupid and they will see beyond vested interests of those involved.

Last edited:

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No way Todd allows his to play
If Todd does goes through with standing down both jack and Dylan before they have had their cases fully run there course he is going to set a dangerous precedent.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Walker case now back in May
He won’t be playing for us
Watch Todd rub him out

And if he is found not guilty, how will that look for the League. Brett Stewart again? This is knee jerk feeding frenzy. Will he have the right to sue being denied his employment? Its a mine field. Todd will be hoping desperately that he is found guilty because I suspect legally he may be taking action that may come back to bite him.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Guys no one on this forum was there so not one of us knows what happened, how serious it was etc. The report about the pulled hair has not yet been clarified and if any one actually witnessed the incident. Certainly there is the phone call and certainly something has caused the alleged victim to leave the home in distress. But there seems to be a lot of seeing the incident through personal interpretations of the information being forwarded, some of which may be enhanced paper talk. I agree if he is guilty, the Sea Eagles and the NRL need to make an example of him, as well as the courts, as happened with Jamil Hopoate. But if the matter is dismissed, it is not up to us to then make our own judgement from a distance, based on what we imagined happened. He may wrongly get off the charge, but do we honestly know that that will be the case. That's why we have a court system, the best in the World, to look at this dispassionately and impartially, with the wisdom expected of those who we have to make such decisions, and with a far greater knowledge of the information before them, than we have. Let the court's determine the question of guilt or innocence. They are no stupid and they will see beyond vested interests of those involved.
(unlike the Pell thing today) it was an open court, so evidence was made public, including the triple 0 call and police footage of the initial interview. This by no means makes Walker any more guilty of a crime than he was yesterday. But there is evidence to support Walker was in breach of both the NRL and Manly's code of conducts and I expect the NRL will respond to today's events with some form of ban.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And if he is found not guilty, how will that look for the League. Brett Stewart again? This is knee jerk feeding frenzy. Will he have the right to sue being denied his employment? Its a mine field. Todd will be hoping desperately that he is found guilty because I suspect legally he may be taking action that may come back to bite him.
I agree he is over stepping big time and I think this may in the future sorry hope in the future it is his downfall.
I agree this is very much knee jerk reaction to the public outcry on this.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
I hope hes found not guilty. I dont believe anything the media say imply. Some things don't add up , I don't condone or support abuse, however the fact remains We live in a country where the law is heavily based on the females side. For the blokes its always guilty till proven innocent. Happens everyday. Further to this I hope Greenburg wrongfully suspends him and then gets his backside sued. #Galloppart2 ll over .. Also worth noting his GF has a Serbian background , if her dad /cousins haven't done anything to Walker yet then hes innocent. He wouldn't be in court otherwise.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Walker will be collateral damage from the DeBelin case. They can't stand down JDB and not Walker, and the pressure is mounting on the NRL by the day to stand down JDB
And even though we may get some cap relief if he is stood down whatever your view on the walker situation he really should be allowed to play until he has his next day in court and until the case reaches a verdict.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
It's not quite the same - Stewart's case was found to be false. For Walker, there was some form of violent altercation. The question is whether it warrants a criminal charge.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dylan Walker will kill his missus if nothing is done. Must be rubbed out of the game @NRL

Just an example of the knee jerk and hurtful tweets doing the rounds today on Twitter

Class of 96

Bencher
Todd will be hoping desperately that he is found guilty because I suspect legally he may be taking action that may come back to bite him.

I believe Todd and his band of Muppets were seeking legal advice as to their authority to usurp the courts and make their guilty verdicts ahead of due judicial process. I suspect the advice they receive will be contrary to their desires.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Really don’t see a similarity in an abuse case to a rape case.
Also think the Debellin case she wants blood whereas Walkers partner supports him.....for right or wrong.
The DeBellin case is 100 times as severe and not really close to on par with Walkers, so is not comparable.
I do however, have zero tolerance for abuse and IF Walker is guilty, would expect the NRL to send him to Super League.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12