Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is this a real thing .. or are you just making that up?

giphy.gif

For somebody not wanting to continue the debate, you did a pretty good impersonation of somebody that does.
Maybe the reality is that there is no answer, but a mix of views could be accurate.

No, I restated my position, and made it clear I want no further part of the back and forth. I didn’t appreciate being specifically tagged to comment on something I want no further part of, but since @Ryan was one of the posters putting forward his side without carrying on like a toddler throwing a tantrum, I chose to reply to his post.

You, on the other hand, did carry on exactly like said toddler, albeit perhaps a drunk one, with your chest-puffing, dick-wagging BS the other night. I’ll reiterate, one more time for the dummies: LEAVE ME OUT OF IT

Last edited:
I’m not interested in continuing the debate.

As I’ve stated numerous times before (and, I might add, well before Walker even signed with the club), I don’t believe just because anyone wears a Manly jersey (or any other team or organisation I might happen to support or be involved in) they’re automatically a good person, and to be respected. And that just because someone presents a polite/professional front in one setting, doesn’t mean they’re not capable of disgusting behaviour in other settings. I think it’s also worth considering whether you (or anyone else) would feel the same about this verdict if it involved a player from another club. Do we all cheer and start with the congratulatory backslapping if Jarryd Hayne is found not guilty in his current court proceedings? Where’s the ‘welcome back, champ’ for Ben Barba, since police ultimately decided not to even proceed with charges against him?

I’ve also made it clear I’ve got some background knowledge - professional as well as personal - that informs my opinions on this subject. I won’t apologise for that - everybody forms their opinions based on their own experiences and background knowledge.

Furthermore, I’ve also made it clear that real life stuff takes a much higher priority over football these days, and if I’m not getting any enjoyment out of it, I’ll step away. Which is what I’m choosing to do here. There are posters in this thread (not yourself) who have gone overboard with the gloating, the lauding of Walker as a hero, smears against his partner etc - and frankly, it’s sickening.

I hope the club doesn’t re-sign him, if only based on the fact that he’s offered little value for money given the lengthy stints off-field during his current contract.

Others have articulated ‘my’ side of the coin pretty well, I’ll let it rest at that.

Fair enough. Get all your points there.

I guess I hope he redeems and endears himself to you going forward.

You're right though everyone's entitled to their opinion on players and behaviours. I always respect that, and appreciate where you're coming from.

Sometimes I think we forget that some of these footy players are still young men ....... Walker is just 24 ..... Married with a child ....

I was reading the other day most kids are still living with their parents at 34 ......

For what it's worth ...(and notwithstanding right to vote/join the army etc)...

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies have made it possible for scientists to watch the rate at which the PFC matures, and have discovered the male brain doesn't fully develop until age 25. Meanwhile, women experience a maturity rate of 21 years-old.Jun 11, 2013
Men Mature After Women — 11 Years After, To Be Exact — A British ...

https://www.medicaldaily.com/men-mature-after-women-11-years-after-be-exact-british

Sometimes I think we forget that some of these footy players are still young men ....... Walker is just 24 ..... Married with a child ....

I was reading the other day most kids are still living with their parents at 34 ......

True, but I think if you look at the socioeconomic group/s most NRL players come from, the average age for things like moving in with a partner, having kids etc is a lot lower. I grew up in that sort of town; I would say the majority who have stayed there were living with partners, some married, and with multiple kids, in their early 20s. Blows me away that there are people I know from primary school whose kids are now finishing high school (and we’re still in our 30s), but it’s pretty normal out that way. On the other hand, people I went to high school with are in some cases expecting their first child, or at most have a couple of toddlers running around, at the same age.

Oh Woodsie, you’re going there?
How old is she, as she cares for her child and her man child, cooking him dinner and delivering it to him in front of his play station with a fork AND a spoon - silly girl, the solution was so simple.
On the bright side, the male brain finishes maturing at 25, so just four months to go.
She must be relieved.

Last edited:

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies have made it possible for scientists to watch the rate at which the PFC matures, and have discovered the male brain doesn't fully develop until age 25. Meanwhile, women experience a maturity rate of 21 years-old.Jun 11, 2013

https://www.medicaldaily.com/men-mature-after-women-11-years-after-be-exact-british
Yes & the left want to lower the voting age to 16 :banghead:

Oh Woodsie, you’re going there?
How old is she as she cares for her child and her man child, cooking him dinner and delivering it to him in front of his play station with a fork AND a spoon - silly girl, the solution was so simple.
On the bright side, the male brain finishes maturing at 25, so just four months to go.
She must be relieved.

Budgie ... there was no agenda or hidden meaning to my post .... I was genuinely surprised when reminded that Dylan (and his partner) was just 24 ....... I was no where near mature enough to have a family at 24 .... I have a wonderful son who is around that age ..... and he is way to stupid to be allowed to reproduce yet ......

So if Dylan had had a 13 year old girlfriend with a baby, and they were playing the xbox when she decided she needed a spoon/fork..........@:oops:

So if Dylan had had a 13 year old girlfriend with a baby, and they were playing the xbox when she decided she needed a spoon/fork..........@:oops:

Again, not a totally foreign scenario where I grew up, including the 13yo girlfriend, the baby, the 24yo boyfriend playing the X-box...

She wouldn’t be cooking dinner though, they all eat KFC, including the baby.

Again, not a totally foreign scenario where I grew up, including the 13yo girlfriend, the baby, the 24yo boyfriend playing the X-box...

She wouldn’t be cooking dinner though, they all eat KFC, including the baby.

So you think she was cooking, I just thought she was hot.

Yeah we do. She asked if he wanted a fork or a spoon. She obviously ran away before he had a chance to answer and once he saw that the plate had peas on it he chased her to let her know it had to be a spoon.
She was in the middle of a workout that involves holding a baby while running down the street and unfortunately slipped over on a baked potato just as Dylan caught up and yelled Fork U babe give me a spoon.
She called the cops to report the errant potato and it all got out of hand.

Very amusing EL. But what I was trying to do was to show that motivation and intent are hard things to determine. As an example many years ago when I was much younger and sillier(no laughing please) I was at home with a former girlfriend, the two of us had a heated argument (no violence I assure you). She became very angry and was storming out. I chased her out on the balcony trying to apologise and grabbed at her shoulder. In my case I slipped fell into a garden and broke my leg. And yes I had been drinking. But my intent was entirely innocent but someone watching across the street, other than falling over laughing at me collapsing into the garden, may have thought I was attempting to attack her. Its all in how we perceive things and often what we think we see is something entirely different. Now I'm not saying Walker had such innocent intentions in his actions, but we are second guessing aren't we if we think he was in any way seeking to cause her harm.

Dear champions (edited for accuracy).... I am very pleased that you have been able to live a life totally free from any drama or turmoil ... that your personal relationships have been devoid of any intense passion or heated argument ... that you have never felt sufficient frustration or anger that made you stike out an innocent doors .....

Thanks! :cool:

Very amusing EL. But what I was trying to do was to show that motivation and intent are hard things to determine. As an example many years ago when I was much younger and sillier(no laughing please) I was at home with a former girlfriend, the two of us had a heated argument (no violence I assure you). She became very angry and was storming out. I chased her out on the balcony trying to apologise and grabbed at her shoulder. In my case I slipped fell into a garden and broke my leg. And yes I had been drinking. But my intent was entirely innocent but someone watching across the street, other than falling over laughing at me collapsing into the garden, may have thought I was attempting to attack her. Its all in how we perceive things and often what we think we see is something entirely different. Now I'm not saying Walker had such innocent intentions in his actions, but we are second guessing aren't we if we think he was in any way seeking to cause her harm.
I think something like that also happened in an episode of Get Smart.

Yeah we do. She asked if he wanted a fork or a spoon. She obviously ran away before he had a chance to answer and once he saw that the plate had peas on it he chased her to let her know it had to be a spoon.
She was in the middle of a workout that involves holding a baby while running down the street and unfortunately slipped over on a baked potato just as Dylan caught up and yelled Fork U babe give me a spoon.
She called the cops to report the errant potato and it all got out of hand.

If only the dish had run away with the spoon....and the cow had jumped over the moon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8