Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Because it's just like the last year of a contract, he'll be playing for a new one.
Whether it's with us for '23 doesn't really matter but hopefully we get the benefit of it.
If Walker has re-signed with us for 2022, it also means he will be signed by another club for 2023. My guess would be the Dolphins for three years. We will find out soon enough.

Nordburg

First Grader
If Walker has re-signed with us for 2022, it also means he will be signed by another club for 2023. My guess would be the Dolphins for three years. We will find out soon enough.
I find it interesting that so many people say “insert players name here” will or potentially will,sign with the Dolphins,especially players that are of NSW heritage.There are not a hell of a lot of NSWelshmen in the QLD sides and it’s a big move for those players.So to get them up to the Dolphins,they’re likely to have to pay overs.I know for a fact they’ll be chasing mostly QLD players to come home.I suspect a lot of players that are off contract now,will only sign one year contracts so their manager can use the Dolphins as a bargaining chip to get a bigger deal somewhere else or their current club.I couldn’t imagine Walker would move the family to Redcliffe unless he’s payed ridiculous money and no chance they’re doing that for him

Because it's just like the last year of a contract, he'll be playing for a new one.
Whether it's with us for '23 doesn't really matter but hopefully we get the benefit of it.
So he signs for the Fins either now or very soon for '23 and beyond.They will lock up their intended players ASAP. How is he playing for a contract? He better be cheap coz I just don't see the sense in it.

47MVEagle

Bencher
The only time I ever saw a club get good value out of a player on a one year contract who already had his next contract sewn up at another club was the North Sydney Bears with the mighty Sean Hoppe.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
If true a good outcome that makes sense.
Hmmm I guess I was right in my previous post. 1 year with us hoping for a 3 year deal with the Dolphins. Well I guess he will have to put a BIG year in to get the contract. Can't negotiate till Nov 22, so that should work for us. So win /win, he's only got 3 years left anyway before he becomes OLD & SLOW

Nordburg

First Grader
Hmmm I guess I was right in my previous post. 1 year with us hoping for a 3 year deal with the Dolphins. Well I guess he will have to put a BIG year in to get the contract. Can't negotiate till Nov 22, so that should work for us. So win /win, he's only got 3 years left anyway before he becomes OLD & SLOW
Not that I think he’s in the Dolphins sights,but he can start negotiating with other teams for 2023 in November this year,if he only signs a one year deal at Manly

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
So he signs for the Fins either now or very soon for '23 and beyond.They will lock up their intended players ASAP. How is he playing for a contract? He better be cheap coz I just don't see the sense in it.
I actually don't mind the one year deal as it preserves flexibility for 2023 onwards.

As for the sense in it, I suspect that there is not much else available in the market for next year. If there was someone else who was good and we could get for a few years, then I am sure we would have a crack at them instead of signing Walker on a one-year deal (assuming the mail is good).

40 nil

It's only a game ...
The only time I ever saw a club get good value out of a player on a one year contract who already had his next contract sewn up at another club was the North Sydney Bears with the mighty Sean Hoppe.
John Mayes was good in his one year with Manly in 1973 (not sure if his 1974 deal with the Roosters was already confirmed).

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A bloke on Twitter who has been on the money with plenty of stuff around the club this year, posted this earlier this evening.

“It’s my understanding that Dylan Walker has agreed to a 1 year deal with the club for 2022”
Yeah he’s signed with the Dolphins for 2023 and beyond !!

PS: don’t know but if correct that makes sense

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Where does this come from mate? An OFFER can be tabled from Nov 1 can't it? Clubs and players can talk and negotiate all they like pre Nov 1, but no contract is allowed to be offered...right?
If he signs this year and contracted he can't accept another offer until Nov 22 unless we agree to let him go before June. That's my understanding. I was like you until someone with better knowledge told me I was wrong. Sure I struggled with that because I'm always right, most of the time...

Kevinward777

First Grader
What is the point in signing him for 1 year? To help him get money for a year while waiting for the Fins? I don't see the point if Davey stays and Bully coming.
Yeahh, but you can't stand the bloke, and your hatred blinds you. Dylan Walker is a VERY handy player in the overall make up of our squad. To suggest otherwise makes you appear foolish.

Yeahh, but you can't stand the bloke, and your hatred blinds you. Dylan Walker is a VERY handy player in the overall make up of our squad. To suggest otherwise makes you appear foolish.
I'm just struggling to understand why we want to sign a player for 1 year mate. Understandable in Foran's case but even there we had an option for another year. Yeah everyone knows I can't stand Walker but it isn't about that mate. Anyways, we'll see what happens...his signing hasn't even been confirmed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16