Walker to Manly BUT Buhrer to Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matai will have a massive year if he can stay 85% fit he will never be 100% lets face it ,all the drama is gone now ,he will be the matai we know again next year for sure !!!!
There was a story from Manly training tonight on Fox, and in the short clip Matai could be seen at one stage grimacing and reaching for his neck. Which is a sure sign he's in for a big year!

All depends on who this new coaching staff rate ahead of others
Hiku is definitely not a 5/8 and
Stewart,Lyon,Matai,Taufua would all be rated ahead of Hiku that leaves Tom T vs Hiku

Same goes for Buhrer will he make starting 17 this year in their eyes

Nein just reporting Walker on a 3 year deal at Manly, contingent on Hiku, BJ, Starlo or Ferris going

Dumbo Sambo should have made Luke a part of his return to the Rabbids @:cool:

Can't imagine huge demand for BJ or Starlo and at this point limited with Buhrer because of injury. Hiku has the most value due to versatility and the fact he's a current international but his versatility in the back line is why we need him. Matai unfortunately should go just because it's not a good call to keep old over young in a game like this.

Perhaps the Tits would like a centre and maybe a Burgess and Williame..?

Will Chez let the club exit buhrer? I thought they were tight? Surely the Big 4 (killer snake Matai and chez) have an influence on recruitment.....

Deals will be renegotiated and backended to get us through 2016 and then some fringe players will be gone at the end of 2016.

Walker will be at Manly in 2016 but it is going to cost us Buhrer. There you have it.

I am not going to Dislike your post because it is prob true . But why the Fark would we do this. JB is more Valuable to us than say someone like Lussick. or Starling or Burgess. FFS Open your Eyes and get fair dinkum Penn.

I am not going to Dislike your post because it is prob true . But why the Fark would we do this. JB is more Valuable to us than say someone like Lussick. or Starling or Burgess. FFS Open your Eyes and get fair dinkum Penn.
Seriously, we all seem to be looking at Buhrer with Rose coloured glasses here. We can't be emotional if we want to win comps. Buhrer is a wonderful clubman who has a genuine love for the club, but the fact is he has had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years and one more could well end his career. He is not a game breaker, he is an honest toiler who is a little on the light weight side of the equation. I would rather we keep him, but if it means we get the best young outside back coming through then it really is a no brainer.

Good. Then we can move on to another signing.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 69
Seriously, we all seem to be looking at Buhrer with Rose coloured glasses here. We can't be emotional if we want to win comps. Buhrer is a wonderful clubman who has a genuine love for the club, but the fact is he has had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years and one more could well end his career. He is not a game breaker, he is an honest toiler who is a little on the light weight side of the equation. I would rather we keep him, but if it means we get the best young outside back coming through then it really is a no brainer.

I have to agree with this. JB is a fan favourite as he loves the club and it shows when he takes the field, However the last two seasons he has had two injuries that have ended his season and not sure how long his legs will hold up. The change of management has clearly shown that no matter your loyalty or history with the club, you will be moved on if they see fit. Kind of depressing reading that but after Tooves and Ballin got moved i just accepted that's the way it is now and not to get worked up over it anymore.

The irony here is that it's probably the extra weight he was trying to put on to play lock/second row that has loaded his knee to the point of failure

Let's hope Barrett knows what he's doing with all these recruitments/changes he's making and that it pays off. Walker has only played a handful of games at 5/8 at NRL level so Barrett is taking a big gamble signing him for that role. Barrett's next big task will be to get all these new/old players working together as a tight knit team. Tough job ahead for this rookie coach.
What's Barrett got to do with it. He's only the coach. He's not making the decisions. Bozo is the puppetmaster.

Jamie Buhrer's playing record
Team Years App
Manly Warringah NRL 2010 5
Manly Warringah NRL 2011 26
Manly Warringah NRL 2012 26
Manly Warringah NRL 2013 26
Manly Warringah NRL 2014 23
Manly Warringah NRL 2015 7

Hardly the crock that many of you are suggesting. Yes Jamie's had a couple of knee injuries but so did Snake back in 2009 and 2010 and look how well he came back.

Team Years App

Hardly the crock that many of you are suggesting. Yes Jamie's had a couple of knee injuries but so did Snake back in 2009 and 2010 and look how well he came back.
Yes and if he was a player as good as Snake it would be worth persevering with, but you surely aren't suggesting he is in that league. Snake is in the same boat insofar as one more serious knee injury is the end of his career.

Yes and if he was a player as good as Snake it would be worth persevering with, but you surely aren't suggesting he is in that league. Snake is in the same boat insofar as one more serious knee injury is the end of his career.
No I am not suggesting he's as good a player as Brett but obviously they play different positions. All I am saying is don't write him off yet. Sure if he breaks down again in 2016 then yes his time has probably come. Why did we sign Lewis Brown who is a similar player in ability and size to Buhrer and Leary?

No I am not suggesting he's as good a player as Brett but obviously they play different positions. All I am saying is don't write him off yet. Sure if he breaks down again in 2016 then yes his time has probably come. Why did we sign Lewis Brown who is a similar player in ability and size to Buhrer and Leary?
I don't know, I wasn't invited to the meeting when that was decided.

My concern is the with Ballin now gone, that is a massive hole defensively we will have. Add then Jamie Buhrer who I thought would carry a bit of that slack. I don't know if Parcell can be that workman like 1st / 2nd year in the NRL?

We have bought in Myles and Lussick, who are pretty poor defensively, especially laterally due to lack of mobility. Add to that Lawrence who looked a bit like a pylon in NSW Cup at the end of the year, and we may start getting torn apart right up the middle.

Team Years App

Snake is preserved in the backline . Jamie is a forward . Think about it feathered friend

My concern is the with Ballin now gone, that is a massive hole defensively we will have. Add then Jamie Buhrer who I thought would carry a bit of that slack. I don't know if Parcell can be that workman like 1st / 2nd year in the NRL?

We have bought in Myles and Lussick, who are pretty poor defensively, especially laterally due to lack of mobility. Add to that Lawrence who looked a bit like a pylon in NSW Cup at the end of the year, and we may start getting torn apart right up the middle.
Fair points, but we really don't know whether those lapses were as a result of their role in the defensive structure or individual factors. Myles was rubbish in the GC structure but brutal at SOO level so who knows. The less we speak about the Cougars coaching the better. I will say this, we have one of the best defensive coaches in the NRL now and so I expect a defensive structure that will play to the strengths of our squad.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8