Walker/Uate combination

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On form Walker should be one of the NSW centres, but with rep selectors thinking that Dugan is a centre and Daley obviously wanting his man crush Hayne in the side......he might miss out unfortunately.
I think Bird will be the one that might stop Walker from making the side. Hayne will be on a wing with Tommy T. Tedesco at fullback and Dugan/Bird in the centres. I hope for Dylan's sake that Bird is pushed to the bench as the utility because I really think Walker has earned his spot.

I think Bird will be the one that might stop Walker from making the side. Hayne will be on a wing with Tommy T. Tedesco at fullback and Dugan/Bird in the centres. I hope for Dylan's sake that Bird is pushed to the bench as the utility because I really think Walker has earned his spot.
I think daley will pick this

1 Teddy
2 Ferguson
3 Jennings
4 Hayne
5 Dugan

But he should really be picking

1 Teddy
2 Turbo
3 Walker
4 Bird
5 ?

I think daley will pick this

1 Teddy
2 Ferguson
3 Jennings
4 Hayne
5 Dugan

But he should really be picking

1 Teddy
2 Turbo
3 Walker
4 Bird
5 ?
Ah yeah Fergo will get a run so maybe Tom T will miss out after all. I honestly don't mind either way but I do think Walker has played so well that he really deserves a start.

Last week I said odds for Walker passing to Uate...10,000 to 1.

Kinda glad I didn't continue with the theme!
The great thing is that Choc calls him his best friend.
So looking at last week's game, Walks must have seen how easily his BFF would have scored if he had just passed the ball :nod:

It shows me that the players are working on their combos and they are reaping the rewards.:clap:

Now for someone to get excited about goal kicking :happy:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/04/29/the_right_time_for_w.af_news.html

Their partnership is lethal on the field, and the friendship between Dylan Water and Akuila Uate is just as dynamic off it.

From early morning breakfasts, coffees, to just making each other laugh, the Walker-Uate right side combination is one Sea Eagles fans are loving just as much as they are.

Searching for his first win after two failed attempts against his old club, Walker was simply brilliant against Souths last night. His speed and offloads were superb in laying on four tries for Uate on his outside.

It was a performance that will certainly bring the former Australian Test centre into strong calculations to earn himself another NSW Origin jersey.

Walker couldn’t hide his smile when speaking about the win.

“It is pretty good to get a win over the boys. This was a game I wanted to win really badly. I want to win every week, but against the old boys, you want to get that win, so you put in a little extra. We were lucky enough to do that,’’ Walker said.

Walker then paid credit to his good mate ‘Choc’ Uate and opened up on their close friendship.

“He was in the right spot at the right time. Choc is a good character and the boys love having him around. He’s a good fella,’’ Walker said.

“A couple of the boys might think we are the two characters of the side. ‘Choc’ has got a lot of energy and I have got a lot of energy that we bring around the place, so we probably feed off each other in that perspective.

“We are good mates off the field, and catch up for early morning breakfasts or coffees. I love having ‘Choc’ around me.”

Walker also praised Uate for his ability to bounce back after struggling at the Newcastle Knights last year.

“Some people tend to forget what he has done in the game. He has won Dally M winger three times, so that’s pretty special to have a player like that come to your club,’’ Walker added.

“Coming to a new club and a new environment, he has probably found some fire in his belly and he is playing extraordinary the past couple of weeks.

“He us a footballer and he wants to win. He was playing NSW Cup (for the Knights). Someone like him, you wouldn’t expect it.

“He has come here, found a home, and the boys love having him around. He is playing some good footy.”

Walker hasn't passed at times he should have, but it looks like they have been seeing the same things we are seeing and told him to look for the pass. What he is good at is just running hell to leather close to the line.
What he is poor at is doing that within our own half when the pass is on. Im not saying he should change his game because he has been great, Kelly is a different character and the opposite to Walker.

Its amusing because we had him as a 5/8 when he doesn't have the instinctual pass.

Anyway having two different styles of centres is a great thing, and ive been happy with Walker in our wins

Walker is in great form and would be clearly a consideration for soo.

Plenty of guys who have a right to be there. Fergo is playing well and in the aussie side so would expect him to get 1 wing spot, the rest os difficult.
teddy the best talker at the back so would give him the 1, bird has shown he belongs there at centre, walker looked ok last year when out of form so now he would be in which leaves hayne to play other wing as he kills it and tt misses out with dugan and moylan. Roberts injured as well

Really though all mentioned deserve a spot

Move over Leilua and Ropana, here come Walker and Uate.

Sucked in Newcastle ! Baaaaaahahahahaha...and you had him playing reggies....idiots.

Walker is in great form and would be clearly a consideration for soo.

Plenty of guys who have a right to be there. Fergo is playing well and in the aussie side so would expect him to get 1 wing spot, the rest os difficult.
teddy the best talker at the back so would give him the 1, bird has shown he belongs there at centre, walker looked ok last year when out of form so now he would be in which leaves hayne to play other wing as he kills it and tt misses out with dugan and moylan. Roberts injured as well

Really though all mentioned deserve a spot
I don't think fergo does, he has been average this year.

We all knew walker had talent but now he is showing consistency and a real fire. He is also setting up his winger and creating tries just like lyon use to. He uses his blistering pace to beat his man and lay it on a platter for Uate. I love how he is charging onto the ball. So damaging and has blinding accerlation. The front shot of him in full flight is good to watch.

You can see walker and uate have a close bond. Not sure if Uate is camera shy or just couldn't hear the mic when being interviewed but seemed like he was a bit emotional and lost for words. Been hard work by himself and belief in the coaching staff that have seen him go from reggies last year to scoring 4 tries in a team that has a real bond for one another. From what other players say he is one of the most loved at the club. A genuine nice guy and real character full of energy

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sport/sea-eagle-dylan-walker-shows-his-prowess-a-as-a-surfer/news-story/b03e7c50025d91fe41ccaa1a26b10a45

Sea Eagle Dylan Walker shows his prowess a as a surfer

Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily

HE WON a NRL premiership with the Rabbitohs in 2014, played State of Origin and represented the Kangaroos, yet Dylan Walker has never been more nervous than he was when surfing at Dee Why on Sunday.

The 22-year-old Manly centre, fresh from carving up his old team on Friday night at Allianz Stadium, was a late inclusion for the Hot Grommets surftag team in the Lifeline Northern Beaches Classic.

c6c55944d2025b73247908b2982055d5.jpg

In the crowd cheering him on were two of Walker’s teammates at the Sea Eagles: five-eighth Blake Green and captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

“I knew he surfed a bit but he was a little nervous,’’ Green told the Manly Daily.

Manly Surf School won the surftag event, with roughly $50,000 raised for Lifeline.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8