Waqa Blake Ripple Effect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
With Waqa Blake signing a 2 year contract extension with the Panthers i find it hard to believe they can afford Hiku, Whare and DWZ on their roster for 2017. I really hope they release DWZ and he signs with us. He is very solid and gives us some extra X factor.

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
DWZ
Uate
DCE
Green

I'd be happy with that back line for next year.

I think this is a very good sign that dwz might leave, we just have to hope he picks us to come to.
Turbo I agree about the broncos, roosters and eels but the panthers rise to the top has been a very well executed plan, I've got no doubt they're well within the cap. In a few seasons they'll struggle to keep all these players, the cap will hurt them then.

I think this is a very good sign that dwz might leave, we just have to hope he picks us to come to.
Turbo I agree about the broncos, roosters and eels but the panthers rise to the top has been a very well executed plan, I've got no doubt they're well within the cap. In a few seasons they'll struggle to keep all these players, the cap will hurt them then.
Just remembered Mansour will be out for most of 2017 so they will be trying very hard to keep DWZ.

I think this is a very good sign that dwz might leave, we just have to hope he picks us to come to. Turbo I agree about the broncos, roosters and eels but the panthers rise to the top has been a very well executed plan, I've got no doubt they're well within the cap. In a few seasons they'll struggle to keep all these players, the cap will hurt them then.
The Panthers are reaping the rewards of a high successful junior nursery, their 20's have either won or played in the NYC Grand Final pretty often in the last 5 years, certainly they finish top 4 at least.

Last edited:
The Panthers are reaping the rewards of a high successful junior nursery, their 20's have either won or played in the NYC Grand Final pretty often in the last 5 years, certainly they finish top 4 at least.
No doubt they have a excellent junior nursery but they did finish 9th on the ladder in 2014 and 5th on the ladder in 2012. So to say 'certainly they finish top 4 at least' in the last 5 years is a bit of a stretch.

No doubt they have a excellent junior nursery but they did finish 9th on the ladder in 2014 and 5th on the ladder in 2012. So to say 'certainly they finish top 4 at least' in the last 5 years is a bit of a stretch.

Regardless they have a heap of junior talent with many more below coming through.

Their NSW cup side also is pretty good ( although I don't follow that comp so don't know where they have been finishing).

Sadly for them everyone can't get a first grade run!!

I beg to differ, have you seen their list of signings for 2017 ?

Oh but but.....hasn't losing Foran and Watmough given them about 90% of the cap to work with again?

That is of course if you believe the dummy doesn't-matta fans on social media. Everything is explained by losing those two.

Just remembered Mansour will be out for most of 2017 so they will be trying very hard to keep DWZ.
But then again they already have peachy, Whare, Hiku and Waqa Blake for the backs (Moylan also). Some decent backup although those four players will all be demanding first grade and are all under contract for quite some time/have just signed a new contract. It's a chance that either DWZ or Whare could be on the way

I would like Hiku back too. Somehow though I don't think he would be keen to return.

Can't really enunciate it...just a feeling...

With Waqa Blake signing a 2 year contract extension with the Panthers i find it hard to believe they can afford Hiku, Whare and DWZ on their roster for 2017. I really hope they release DWZ and he signs with us. He is very solid and gives us some extra X factor.

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
DWZ
Uate
DCE
Green

I'd be happy with that back line for next year.

They also acquired James Tamou on huge $$$$ which people seem to forget - 750k per year. Trent Merrin was also upped to $750k per season.

Is a real possibility we could sign DWZ or Whare next year for 2018 (hoping Whare for 2017 though). We need a gun center. Would love DWZ on one wing as well though in 2018, I like he can also cover full back.

That would be one fast back line!

Turbo
Uate
Walker
Whare
DWZ
Green
DCE

Panthers are going to be red hot in 2017, but surely they must be pushing the boundaries as far as the cap goes, as @Ryan correctly stated big money for Merrin & Tamou, huge money for Moylan, and a big upgrade recently for Mansour / Cleary plus signing Peachey / Blake to decent upgraded extensions.

Unless of course they are playing the back ended game, not much in 2017 and then loaded up in 2018 when they " hope" the cap increases dramatically.

Panthers are going to be red hot in 2017, but surely they must be pushing the boundaries as far as the cap goes, as @Ryan correctly stated big money for Merrin & Tamou, huge money for Moylan, and a big upgrade recently for Mansour / Cleary plus signing Peachey / Blake to decent upgraded extensions.

Unless of course they are playing the back ended game, not much in 2017 and then loaded up in 2018 when they " hope" the cap increases dramatically.

How much you reckon Cartwright is on? Think at LEAST Tamou money & then some.

They had to pay heaps above normal to get Wallace back from the Broncos as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8