Post-Game Discussion Warriors v Manly [Round 25, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 Go Media Stadium
18 Aug 2023 18:00
76:30 minute

Match Stats

So I just watched the presser (I haven't seen the game) and for all the comments saying Seibs would drag out the standard "I was proud" lines, you'll be disappointed. Not quite the Toovs "there needs to be an investigation" but for Seibs, it was up there.

Edit: I didn't realise there was a thread when I wrote this. Sorry.

Last edited:
We had pretty well 30 points pumped past us. Our defence was paper thin. That's not a performance to be proud of.

And given we have won 4 from 15, of course it's going to sound like a broken record !

Lastly, this season, our losses on average have been by 22 points at away games. That's the score between us and them, not what we've allowed them to score, so losing by 7, is actually a big step forward for us...

So what in your view constitutes a flogging?
Losing by 4 or more trys.

At last, Seibs fired up at the presser. That was putting Garrick in a dangerous postion. Its the same with all the other calls on penalties on players put in a dangerous position, the ref blows his whistle penalty, why he didn't blow his whistle in this instance just astounds me ?.

If we maintained that same effort , application and control in the second half as the first, I'd have agreed with you, but that second half meltdown from us was so typical.

And yeah, I still get emotionally affected by our performances in a huge way. It literally gives me anxiety. There are times, I honestly feel like either crying or ripping up the television, but my new kitten gives me all sorts of love and it sorts me out.

Mannnnnnn, I just want us to be GOOOOD again. Give me a few players like Jamie Lyon, Wolfman, Ben Kennedy or something to attach to - even that would be SOMETHING. This decade of mediocrity is too long now, all of us fans deserve better.

Anyways, sorry if I misinterpreted what you said, in yes, my triggered state. I'm trying to be honest here with how and why I complain, so flame away haha
Bud you need to relax a little. We all want the same thing. Right now it’s not worth getting so worked up over tho. Unless these boards serve as some kind of therapeutic output for you. I dropped some pretty aggressive F bombs tonight watching with my 13yr old (him too tbh). But honestly we all know this year ain’t it and it won’t be until the big T dog manages to stay fit.

I think we have some promise moving into next year so just hoping for a couple wins to finish up this year. Fortunes can turn pretty quick in this comp. Next year we might flip the script a bit.

Bud you need to relax a little. We all want the same thing. Right now it’s not worth getting so worked up over tho. Unless these boards serve as some kind of therapeutic output for you. I dropped some pretty aggressive F bombs tonight watching with my 13yr old (him too tbh). But honestly we all know this year ain’t it and it won’t be until the big T dog manages to stay fit.

I think we have some promise moving into next year so just hoping for a couple wins to finish up this year. Fortunes can turn pretty quick in this comp. Next year we might flip the script a bit.

Trust me mate, I do try haha

Really disappointing second half. We are a very dumb football team that much is clear.a lot of that was on individuals tonight. Let’s finish with a couple of wins coming home.
the individuals being the ref and the bunker

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Warriors: 29
Manly: 22

367472635_868183111406605_4790797570791331804_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

368178204_868210058070577_8743592642390291870_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos
New Zealand Warriors Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:
Controversial collision sinks Sea Eagles | Fox Sports Videos

Game over: Seibold fumes as controversy ends Manly’s finals dream

‘How the hell?’: Kiwis savage ‘dodgy’ call

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Manly players were placed on report during the game but things could change once the Match Review Committee review the game and decide if they need to charge one of our players post-match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Bozo and this narrative you keep pedalling on the forum is some Peter Pan ****. You're both entitled to your opinions but I think it flies in the very face of reality - this notion that we are losing games because we are somehow blind to the wisdom of others and simply need to realise that we are accepting mediocrity. Once we stop accepting mediocrity and 'meet the standards of this great club' that we'll somehow start winning?!

We are not losing games because of our attitude or ethos as a club. We are not losing games because we've lost our identity or forgotten our 'high standards'. We are not losing games because the coach is proud after a loss and that attitude is filtering through to the players.

We are losing games because we have a combined 2.5 million dollars worth of talent on the sidelines and we've played two top four sides in the last fortnight and given a good account of ourselves. We are losing games because other clubs have good players as well. We are short a couple of good players but the reality is recruitment is a two way street. We can't (a) buy players that aren't on the market and (b) buy players that don't want to sign with us.

It is what it is. You can piss and moan all you like but that's the reality. I'm not suggesting every decision we make is perfect, mistakes are made but if you hate us so much, why not find another team to support?

Don’t worry he will disappear and not be sighted when the team starts winning again. He thrives in this type of environment.

What to do with Schuster. . Can't be paying him 800K to play reserve grade..
It's back to the pre season drawing board again for Schuster , a place where we've been before for Josh, next few games in season 2024 will see if we ditch him or keep him.

The good news is that Manly might have another few years of avoiding playing games in that country.

Last edited:
We were very much 'up' for this game and a pity we couldn't maintain our intensity for the whole game. If a few things and/or a little luck and/or the ref, had gone our way we might still be alive.

What didn't help was:
the dangerous but supposedly legal tackle on Garrick - no penalty, report or sinbin
their first try being awarded, though Harris never grounded it
the ridiculous number of 6-agains they got vs our 1 - were we that ill-disciplined and they weren't?
the one-sided refereeing
and our 800K man who wants to be the world's best player is playing like the worst...useless!

I am overseas so have not watched the match.

How did we not score a single point in the 2nd half? Were we schiit or Warriors that good?

their first try being awarded, though Harris never grounded it
Did anyone see the ball on the gound? I didn't. I couldn't believe they awarded that try. Was there another angle, the only one I saw it seemed clear an arm was under the ball.

Also the Garrick disallowed try, was that a fair call? I didn't see the replay myself.

As for the dangerous hit on Garrick, yes you are allowed to tackle and contact a player in the air if he's not catching a kick, but you aren't allowed to do it dangerously. You can't make dangerous contact with a player in any situation. Clearly terrible decision.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8