Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I hope we have seen the last of those sorts of games for awhile. The ones where poor refereeing calls and/or major/minor brain explosions tip the balance of the game away from Manly.

It’s starting to feel too much like a 2023, or even a 2022, redux.

Last edited:
A fit Brown would have caused them problems also! With Garrick, Saab, Lodge to come back we will get even better.
Yep, Brown certainly would have added some much needed punch coz their big fellas were also getting weary. Garrick shouldn't really miss a beat this week. But Saab and Lodge just need to be solid and get through the match unscathed. We don't need them be reinjured first up from a spell.

so charge downs should be banned? they have been part of the game since day dot. kickoffs will be gone next and thats ok too?
Hang on, I'll just see if i have Abdo and Jarred Maxwells number on my phone...Oh, I don't seem to have it. Why the f are you asking me like i make the rules? Lol. Who said charge downs should be banned? Smoke some weed. You're a little uptight. Rules are rules. Whether we like them or not.

Hang on, I'll just see if i have Abdo and Jarred Maxwells number on my phone...Oh, I don't seem to have it. Why the f are you asking me like i make the rules? Lol. Who said charge downs should be banned? Smoke some weed. You're a little uptight. Rules are rules. Whether we like them or not.
You made your bed all those years ago ;)

So Aloiai charged and pleaded guilty to the charge. Not sure why he didnt use the excuse that some fans on here were proposing - that Shaun kicked Aloiai lol. That would have been even funnier if the club decided to use that line. Thankfully someone at the club has brains to avoid the club being a laughing stock.

Also any thoughts on DCE saying that the penalty was justified?

After a days sleep we still think SJ is the devil reincarnated? lol

Last edited:
Just so disappointing that we have only got one point from a possible four points with the eels and warriors games. This could cost us a top four or top eight spot.

You made your bed all those years ago lol

So Aloiai charged and pleaded guilty to the charge. Not sure why he didnt use the excuse that some fans on here were proposing - that Shaun kicked Aloiai lol. That would have been even funnier if the club decided to use that line. Thankfully someone at the club has brains to avoid the club being a laughing stock.

Why are you still here lol-ing all over the place?
We’ve mostly been polite but you can toddle off now.
SJ did kick Aloiai and the video clearly shows it. Aloiai was just clumsy being in the wrong spot and inviting trouble.

Yup, All those years ago before the Warriors! ..Let go of that Tajhay. It's not good for your heart 😏 🤣

DCE is a level headed vet. No excuses. SJ did milk that as good as anyone though? Lol. Nevermind the Daly M. He should get a Golden Globe! Haha.

The Shaun kicking Josh story is crazy! ? I mean, Don't you get sent off fot kicking people? So i ask people who say sj kicked him, Why was he still on the feild and not sent off? Lol.

The Shaun kicking Josh story is crazy! ? I mean, Don't you get sent off fot kicking people? So i ask people who say sj kicked him, Why was he still on the feild and not sent off? Lol.
You are going to get kicked out of the manly fan club thinking logically and all ;)

Further to this @tajhay Ive now seen footage on Fox where AFB does EXACTLY the same thing to DCE in golden point.

Our player shrugs it off and continues with the game , he could have tried for an academy award too and maybe won the game , but gee I’m glad he didn’t , outright cheating is a blight on the game and thankfully our captain is beyond that.
FB_IMG_1713169859064.jpg

I thought part of the judiciary overhaul was because v'landy said that fans want to see their players on the field - so more fines were introduced.

I guess that's why Klemmer only got fined 2 grand for 2 head high shots..........

and um.... Josh gets a week ....for...erm... being kicked by SJ brushing a player's leg and all

#playersafety
#consistencyisoverrated

Why are you still here lol-ing all over the place?
We’ve mostly been polite but you can toddle off now.
SJ did kick Aloiai and the video clearly shows it. Aloiai was just clumsy being in the wrong spot and inviting trouble.
How was Aloiai clumsy? FMD he was second marker & ran across field to charge down the ball. He charged at the ball not Johnson! When Johnson kicked he went forward & directly into Aloiai. How is Aloiai clumsy in trying to stop a field goal? Get a grip mate!

Not the devil reincarnated, just a baby who lost his dummy and had a cry, before getting up to kick the goal after Daddy gave him his dummy back 😂

I’m just off to watch a replay of 2011 grand final so won’t be able to respond to any witty retorts, sorry.

How was Aloiai clumsy? FMD he was second marker & ran across field to charge down the ball. He charged at the ball not Johnson! When Johnson kicked he went forward & directly into Aloiai. How is Aloiai clumsy in trying to stop a field goal? Get a grip mate!
He is clumsy because he doesnt know the rules (mind you looks like most manly fans dont either). It IS the responsibility of the defender to not come into contact with the legs of the kicker. Its not that difficult really.

#FeddyLussickPrecedent

Warriors fans dont agree with this either btw, and why we didnt appreciate Lussick being suspended for 4 weeks, but if the NRL sets those rules its only fair its applied to everyone. We can all cry and whinge about it but if the rules are set and administered equally to everyone there should be no problems. Right? :)

Noone wants to talk about how square Aloiai was when he did the 'chargedown'? IMO would have been a penalty either way. A smart player would not have attempted to get anywhere close to the kicker for that FG attempt. SJ has never kicked a FG that long lol

He is clumsy because he doesnt know the rules (mind you looks like most manly fans dont either). It IS the responsibility of the defender to not come into contact with the legs of the kicker. Its not that difficult really.

#FeddyLussickPrecedent

Warriors fans dont agree with this either btw, and why we didnt appreciate Lussick being suspended for 4 weeks, but if the NRL sets those rules its only fair its applied to everyone. We can all cry and whinge about it but if the rules are set and administered equally to everyone there should be no problems. Right? :)

Noone wants to talk about how square Aloiai was when he did the 'chargedown'? IMO would have been a penalty either way. A smart player would not have attempted to get anywhere close to the kicker for that FG attempt. SJ has never kicked a FG that long lol
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

I have to feel for Jaxson Paulo in a way. Really he's done nothing wrong and has played OK for the most part, its just that Tommy Talau has actually performed better. Johnson put on a Battle of Britain Blitzkrieg on Talau's wing on Saturday and he was cool and safe under pressure. And with Jason Saab back available, one of them was always going to miss out especially with Reubs back in the centres this week.

I'm not sure I'd be starting Matt Lodge after his time out. I'd be more inclined to start Brown at lock and move Jake into the front row and bring Lodge off the bench. Jake has an 80 minute motor and doesn't have to be subbed off every 20 minutes so that free's up a couple of interchanges.

As for Woods still being there, no choice really. No Aloiai, no Sips, no Burbo.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8