Warrriors attempt to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to cover loss of Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think letting Green go would be a big mistake. Here is an obviously smart player who wants to coach post-playing career - preferably at Manly.

Other than Tooves, we haven't had an ex-SE player (apologies to Luke W - who I have a lot of time for) come through the system who looked like 1st grade coaching material. I think Green could be that man in the medium to long term.

At least until DCE has a crack.

F*** me, I'm getting my eyes tested first thing Monday.........
I've obviously been watching the wrong bloke all season, the bloke I've been watching is sh**, completely f***ing sh*t!!

So who is this guy?

images

I'd gladly keep Green, but only if he goes straight to the coaches box. Plenty of money in the cap for a 5/8. I want a real no 6.

Not a fan, never been a fan, and sadly we aren't going to win anything with him at 6.

All the crazy sh** I read on this forum about him bringing out the best in DCE is just that, crazy sh*t!

Every premiership team needs multiple play makers, we rely too much on DCE!
He has brought out the best in Cherry, DCE said it himself as did Baz. And we do have multiple play makers, Tom, Green, DCE and Api.

Green is a touch under rated in my opinion. At least by us manly fans. Dont get me wrong I'd take a moylan or a cronk in a heartbeat but our biggest problem aint green.

1 ir 2 more Outside backs with speed and a goal kicker please.

I'd love to see over the course of the season just how many carries of the ball we lost due to kicks on the 3rd.

Absolutely loved this season. Our boys ripped in. We came 6th overall (against the odds). So many players improved. Quite a few surprises. Others have said this, but as disappointing as last night was results wise, our whole club should be very proud.

Blake Green helped us achieve that (and I was one of his biggest critics prior to the season starting). Jeez some of you guys are harsh.

We are a player or two away from competing with the best teams in the league again, consistently. Really happy.

Absolutely loved this season. Our boys ripped in. We came 6th overall (against the odds). So many players improved. Quite a few surprises. Others have said this, but as disappointing as last night was results wise, our whole club should be very proud.

Blake Green helped us achieve that (and I was one of his biggest critics prior to the season starting). Jeez some of you guys are harsh.

We are a player or two away from competing with the best teams in the league again, consistently. Really happy.

Great post
You the best part now, even though of how we the ref won Penrith the game, someone is going to lose on grand final day oh let that be parra or roosters would make up for last night.

F*** me, I'm getting my eyes tested first thing Monday.........
I've obviously been watching the wrong bloke all season, the bloke I've been watching is sh**, completely f***ing sh*t!!

So who is this guy?

images
How is he ****? He's done his job to perfection and his defence over the last two weeks has been fine, I understand his criticism during those weeks against dragons, storm where both he and cherry appeared clueless although everyone has form slumps. As far as I know he's done a great job, his short kicking game is exceptional and his passing game is usually really good. Baz mentioned how he plays like a coach on the field

For a supposed stabilising factor Green has been too hot and cold this season. Sure he has helped the team into the 8 with some amazing 40/20s and deft touches into the in goal, but he has gone missing in the game when DCE and the rest of the team needed him most. His kicking game yesterday was really poor..not blaming him for the loss.. I would trade him for Moylan in a flash though.

It's not so much that he is bad, he just doesn't have enough strings in his bow as a playmaker.

His kicking game is incredibly overstated too, there was one kick on the fourth last night where he still kicked it to Penrith on the full. A lot of his grubbers don't even make the in goal.

His defence is terrible also, no intent at all.

He has done ok this year, and I take the point that dce has regained form with green as the foil. It's just he simply doesn't offer enough. Look at all the top teams, BOTH playmakers are threats. Green is just not really a threat at all.

If dce has flourished with green, imagine how good he would go with a 5/8 who can do what green does AND more.

I don't necessarily think someone like Moylan is the answer, I just don't think that we will be progressing further next year with green.

Let's say Cronk becomes available.Who would be best for the team,Cronk for a yr or two or Green for his final yr and not re-sign him?

I think Green was a good buy for this season and possibly the next but I don't think we will win a competition with him...he is a piece of the rebuild puzzle. He has played well more often than not and probably been more effective than I initially thought he would be...but...the ruthless Manly of the past know that we need to take things to another level and I don't know if he will get us there.

Moylan would be able to me thinks. The spine is everything. I have been Koroisau's biggest supporter on this forum and he is massive in defence but I'm still concerned about his service. Manly get up the field slower than most teams in the competition because of it and in fast semi finals with rushing defence, his service to the halves needs to be fast and direct. It wasn't last night.

I think Green was a good buy for this season and possibly the next but I don't think we will win a competition with him...he is a piece of the rebuild puzzle. He has played well more often than not and probably been more effective than I initially thought he would be...but...the ruthless Manly of the past know that we need to take things to another level and I don't know if he will get us there.

Moylan would be able to me thinks. The spine is everything. I have been Koroisau's biggest supporter on this forum and he is massive in defence but I'm still concerned about his service. Manly get up the field slower than most teams in the competition because of it and in fast semi finals with rushing defence, his service to the halves needs to be fast and direct. It wasn't last night.
Korisau's style worries me that he may not have a consistent or long career,Segeyaro is an example

Korisau's style worries me that he may not have a consistent or long career,Segeyaro is an example

I reckon the young hooker from 20's will be part of the nrl squad next year. So there will be constant pressure on API to keep improving as he has done this season.

It doesn't show up on TV quite as much, but at the ground, you can see Green and DCE struggle to take the ball over the advantage line before making a decision with the ball, due to the level of concentration and effort that goes into catching the pass from dummy half...it is usually up just above their head or it floated to them and they have to stand, wait and catch it and then start their movement towards the line.

I said within 5 minutes of the game that Api was off; he looked completely lethargic from the get go.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10