Warrriors attempt to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to cover loss of Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
From The Mole and also mentioned by Massoud this morning.

The Warriors are attempting to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to replace Kieran Foran.

The Warriors are attempting to poach veteran five-eighth Blake Green from Manly next season to replace star pivot Kieran Foran.

Green, aged 30, is under contract to the Sea Eagles for 2018 but the club is not willing to extend him beyond that.

Journeyman Green wants to end his career with a lucrative, two or three year deal and the Warriors are prepared to give him that.

But Manly would have to agree to release Green, who has proved a great foil for Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale, for the deal to eventuate.

Green recently chalked up his 200th top grade game, starting his career at the Eels in 2007 before stints with the Sharks, Bulldogs, Hull KR, Wigan and Melbourne.

He joined the Sea Eagles this year and has been one of the few players to leave the Storm and maintain his high standard of form.

The Warriors are looking for a player to take the pressure off Shaun Johnson in the halves and see Green as the ideal replacement for Foran, who has signed with the Bulldogs for 2018.

From The Mole and also mentioned by Massoud this morning.

The Warriors are attempting to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to replace Kieran Foran.

The Warriors are attempting to poach veteran five-eighth Blake Green from Manly next season to replace star pivot Kieran Foran.

Green, aged 30, is under contract to the Sea Eagles for 2018 but the club is not willing to extend him beyond that.

Journeyman Green wants to end his career with a lucrative, two or three year deal and the Warriors are prepared to give him that.

But Manly would have to agree to release Green, who has proved a great foil for Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale, for the deal to eventuate.

Green recently chalked up his 200th top grade game, starting his career at the Eels in 2007 before stints with the Sharks, Bulldogs, Hull KR, Wigan and Melbourne.

He joined the Sea Eagles this year and has been one of the few players to leave the Storm and maintain his high standard of form.

The Warriors are looking for a player to take the pressure off Shaun Johnson in the halves and see Green as the ideal replacement for Foran, who has signed with the Bulldogs for 2018.

Wooohooooo!

Problem is that Manly won't extend him beyond 2018.
Green's form may suffer if he is busy securing another Club's contract.

Best if he leaves now and Manly have a full off season with a new 5/8 :)

Is Mbye any good, Dogs are clearing their books and he is on the list :think:

We aren't realising the magnitude of which he has helped us this season. That's all I have to say, we'd miss him when he's gone unless we have a really good replacement, and I see none
He hasn't been as good since he was rested for the St Merge game. I suspect the body is packing up. He's not much of a tackler but his goal line kicking gaining repeat sets was his biggest asset. The injury appears quad related and hence the repeat sets have gone out the window. Age isn't kind to such injuries.

I cant see Bozo letting Green go unless they have a ready replacement.

If that is hastings or cullen then great. We learnt last year that DCE needs a organiser at 5/8 so he can get on with what he does best.

If Green goes then Cronk may actually be in Bozo's sights. We are probably one of the only clubs that can fit him in. Not sold on the idea though as I really want to set up our long term 5/8.

Problem is that Manly won't extend him beyond 2018.
Green's form may suffer if he is busy securing another Club's contract.

Best if he leaves now and Manly have a full off season with a new 5/8 :)

Is Mbye any good, Dogs are clearing their books and he is on the list :think:
All very valid points..

I'd be happy for Manly to release him, provided the Worriers paid us compensation. I think Green is a reasonable first grader but I doubt he has been the reason for DCE playing well. DCE is a good player; it's that simple.
The ideal scenario is to get Cronk for next season, and work on developing his successor for 2019.
I think DCE would be an even better 5/8 than halfback.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10