Warrriors attempt to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to cover loss of Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

damiennp90

Bencher
He hasn't been as good since he was rested for the St Merge game. I suspect the body is packing up. He's not much of a tackler but his goal line kicking gaining repeat sets was his biggest asset. The injury appears quad related and hence the repeat sets have gone out the window. Age isn't kind to such injuries.

Against the warriors he kicked 2 x 40/20s to keep us in the game.

It's a tough situation. I'd love to keep him. But wouldn't give him any more than 1 year.

Also I think he'd be perfect at the warriors 2. Taking pressure of SJ

Can't think of anyone else that will compliment DCE

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Barrett should hold Green to his contract for 2018. Do exactly what the Sharks are doing with Maloney. He adds value to our team, complements DCE and his contract is good value for the club. Look how DCE performed last year with Walker at 5/8, it was a dog's breakfast. If Green wants to leave in 2019 goodbye and good luck.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I am sure he is going nowhere unless Baz and Bozo have a plan for 5/8. if they do then .... It's horse trading time ... I am sure the Warriors have a few gun young centres, props or 2nd rowers we might like to "poach"

Nordburg

First Grader
If true,this is an easy decision.Green wants an extension,Manly don't want to give it to him,so why not let him go to NZ?There could be a few 5/8's available come seasons end.Ones that can fill a void for a yr or 2 until younger players come through or even Mbye as a long term signing.I think his form has suffered under the rubbish the Dogs have become but he's a good player

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Barrett should hold Green to his contract for 2018. Do exactly what the Sharks are doing with Maloney. He adds value to our team, complements DCE and his contract is good value for the club. Look how DCE performed last year with Walker at 5/8, it was a dog's breakfast. If Green wants to leave in 2019 goodbye and good luck.

Maloney in 2019. Now there's an idea.

Green can go if we get him. Been known to kick the odd goal too which might come in handy.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I think Maloney would be great and solves our goal kicking problem, unfortunately he's after big dollars.

D

Deleted member 26876

Maybe we're going to try sign Ashley Taylor or Maloney early? Other than that, no please don't release Green. This rumour makes me nervous, our side relies heavily on his input and we aren't ready to let him go yet

Nordburg

First Grader
We must have won a game.

"Quick, put out some attempt at destabilizing Manly with an anti-Manly rumour." Cry the great unwashed hordes of journalistic mediocrity.
How is it destabilising and how is a rumour about a playing moving clubs solely Manly's domain?How is a player moving on or rumoured to be moving on affect how a team performs?Storm don't seem to be affected by Cronk leaving next yr.Lawrence is leaving too,should Manly down tools?

manly al

First Grader
Would seem very unlikely that Manly would release him at the present time, and there really does not to be many viable replacements available right now . Mbye is on something like 700 grand for next season and Cronk"s price tag would of course be very prohibitive and doubtful if he or both would even be considered taking into account the team "s present make up . The current Panther"s 5 / 8 goes O K [ but of course i definitely hope that he on a losing side this week ] and in terms of Manly "s longer term planning , Wright , Hastings and that Shark"s junior recruit would seem to indicate the club"s present 5 /8 or half "s planning intentions . Green indispensable for next year , no , but a good foil for D C E - pretty much , and should be able to still play an effective role for Manly next season until a suitable replacement is settled ,

Nordburg

First Grader
Would seem very unlikely that Manly would release him at the present time, and there really does not to be many viable replacements available right now . Mbye is on something like 700 grand for next season and Cronk"s price tag would of course be very prohibitive and doubtful if he or both would even be considered taking into account the team "s present make up . The current Panther"s 5 / 8 goes O K [ but of course i definitely hope that he on a losing side this week ] and in terms of Manly "s longer term planning , Wright , Hastings and that Shark"s junior recruit would seem to indicate the club"s present 5 /8 or half "s planning intentions . Green indispensable for next year , no , but a good foil for D C E - pretty much , and should be able to still play an effective role for Manly next season until a suitable replacement is settled ,
You're forgetting that the Dogs would have to foot a percentage of Mbye's contract next yr.Then when it's time to negotiate a new contract,he'd be payed his true value,not the stupid money the Dogs threw at him

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Warriors have denied they are chasing Manly five-eighth Blake Green for next season as they prepare for life without Kieran Foran.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11914622

New Warriors CEO Cameron George is friends with Green, but denies the club is pursuing the experienced journeyman, who recently played his 200th career game.

"You've asked me about Blake Green, I can say right now he's not connected to this club. As far as I understand he's contracted to Manly."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12