Warrriors attempt to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to cover loss of Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Maybe a swap deal?
They have two amazing wingers,if we could grab one I would be very happy, then hopefully bring in Cronk for a year

If true,this is an easy decision.Green wants an extension,Manly don't want to give it to him,so why not let him go to NZ?There could be a few 5/8's available come seasons end.Ones that can fill a void for a yr or 2 until younger players come through or even Mbye as a long term signing.I think his form has suffered under the rubbish the Dogs have become but he's a good player
Mbye can't organise which is what DCE needs. Maybe young Metcalf, or ideally Cronk for a year while Metcalf plays for Blacktown against men.

Seriously Cronk? Could you imagine the team camaraderie around State of Origin when DCE gets overlooked
I don't think he is the issue, it has JT and Smith written all over it. I also think DCE is starting to win them over a bit and will be better positioned next year for a SOO call up than this year.

Mbye can't organise which is what DCE needs. Maybe young Metcalf, or ideally Cronk for a year while Metcalf plays For Blacktown against men.
I'm not sure what Mbye can or can't do due to the chaos that is the Dogs.1 things for sure is that with Dogs paying most of his contract,he'd be much cheaper than Cronk.All hypothetical of course.Its easy to run off into fairy land based on a rumour

The Warriors have denied they are chasing Manly five-eighth Blake Green for next season as they prepare for life without Kieran Foran.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11914622

New Warriors CEO Cameron George is friends with Green, but denies the club is pursuing the experienced journeyman, who recently played his 200th career game.

"You've asked me about Blake Green, I can say right now he's not connected to this club. As far as I understand he's contracted to Manly."
Oh well he's off to warriors then .

The warriors have shut down this rumour as stated above so I believe that ends it, we aren't giving him the respect he deserves, sure could be a better defender although there are worse. Jimmy Maloney, Thurston to name a few, and they are on triple Green's contract. Green does well with kicking, is a game manager and is an experienced player. That's all we need, as far as I know he is doing his role to perfection, and then some. He's become our main organising half and I wouldn't swap him unless we got Rylee Jacks, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary or Ashley Taylor.

The warriors have shut down this rumour as stated above so I believe that ends it, we aren't giving him the respect he deserves, sure could be a better defender although there are worse. Jimmy Maloney, Thurston to name a few, and they are on triple Green's contract. Green does well with kicking, is a game manager and is an experienced player. That's all we need, as far as I know he is doing his role to perfection, and then some. He's become our main organising half and I wouldn't swap him unless we got Rylee Jacks, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary or Ashley Taylor.

I think the rumour has been generated to force the club's hand,
From The Mole and also mentioned by Massoud this morning.

The Warriors are attempting to poach Manly five-eighth Blake Green to replace Kieran Foran.

The Warriors are attempting to poach veteran five-eighth Blake Green from Manly next season to replace star pivot Kieran Foran.

Green, aged 30, is under contract to the Sea Eagles for 2018 but the club is not willing to extend him beyond that.

Journeyman Green wants to end his career with a lucrative, two or three year deal and the Warriors are prepared to give him that.

But Manly would have to agree to release Green, who has proved a great foil for Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale, for the deal to eventuate.

Green recently chalked up his 200th top grade game, starting his career at the Eels in 2007 before stints with the Sharks, Bulldogs, Hull KR, Wigan and Melbourne.

He joined the Sea Eagles this year and has been one of the few players to leave the Storm and maintain his high standard of form.

The Warriors are looking for a player to take the pressure off Shaun Johnson in the halves and see Green as the ideal replacement for Foran, who has signed with the Bulldogs for 2018.

You're right this really is hard to believe......

It stinks of one of those rumours spread by the player's manager to get Manly to the dealing table, and or let other clubs know he's on the market.
Makes sense, at 30 and at best an average supporting player, he needs to get a deal past next year now if possible!

Don't think his footie is getting better any next year.

I think the rumour has been generated to force the club's hand,

You're right this really is hard to believe......

It stinks of one of those rumours spread by the player's manager to get Manly to the dealing table, and or let other clubs know he's on the market.
Makes sense, at 30 and at best an average supporting player, he needs to get a deal past next year now if possible!

Don't think his footie is getting better any next year.
Where is your proof that he's been bad, I'm sorry but he's been absolutely perfect considering the job he's needed to do. He came here to become the perfect foil for dce, that was his role. Well, dce is playing in career-best form and not only is Green providing this but additionally he's got a good kicking game and has helped dce out with that as well. He's become the main playmaker and lead us to 3rd after 19 rounds alongside chez, we can't put a lack of confidence (since rd 19) from the side as a whole down to his mistakes, that's just unfair

Cade Cust in our U20's has been playing a very similar role this year...would have to do a little more kicking as Fainu does some of the kicking and Api does none at NRL level.Has been forgotten this year as everyone talks about Wright,Fainu and Anderson.Good organiser,defender and at the top of the tree in try assists too.Possibly a year away but who knows,always plays above his age level.

Where is your proof that he's been bad, I'm sorry but he's been absolutely perfect considering the job he's needed to do. He came here to become the perfect foil for dce, that was his role. Well, dce is playing in career-best form and not only is Green providing this but additionally he's got a good kicking game and has helped dce out with that as well. He's become the main playmaker and lead us to 3rd after 19 rounds alongside chez, we can't put a lack of confidence (since rd 19) from the side as a whole down to his mistakes, that's just unfair

Maybe you are right.............my pet peeve with Green is that he seems to f*** up when it matters most and seems to fade completely out late in the game!!

For example he is supposed to lead the league in forced dropped outs ....................yet in the Tigers game with less than 10 to go, he put in 2 shockers which gifted the ball back to the Tigers.
I've noticed it quite a few games this year. Maybe it's fatigue but he offers nothing at the business end of games.
Not only is he not consistent week to week, but I think he drops in an out of games, I'm just not a fan of this type of player.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10