Was Wighton offside?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shaka1eye

Reserve Grader
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 19.58.03.png

I
Gotta have the ball on the foot to be sure but it looks onside to me given this is after he's kicked it.

The pass, now that was the problem.
Challenge accepted. What do you think now?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 20.22.36.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 20.22.36.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 68
It's a toughy but look at where the touchy is. How could he make an accurate call for an on field straight try? Surely deserved a look from the bunker atleast a once over.

Seriously guys? I know I'm starting to get on a bit and the eyes aren't what they used to be but to me, Wighton's foot is on the line and the kicker's is clearly behind it.

Can you find a photo showing Joey Leilua didn’t have his arm into touch in the lead up to a Nick Cotric try?

What is the exact rule. Does he have to be behind the guy kicking and is that being judged by where the kickers foot is on the ground???. Im not sure of the rule, but if that is the rule he is offside.

Offside is ruled in relation to the ball. Forget the player with the ball in hand, it is the loaction of the back most part of a player in relation to the ball.

So in this case, if the ball is on the 10 meter line, assuming a player is running, the very back part (the foot) of the chasing player need to be behind the ball, aka the 10 meter line.

What is the exact rule. Does he have to be behind the guy kicking and is that being judged by where the kickers foot is on the ground???. Im not sure of the rule, but if that is the rule he is offside.

I may be wrong but I think the rule is both feet behind the ball, based on that he’s onside.
My first thought was that the pass was forward but looking at it a few times I’ll live with it.
What I do find a tad disturbing is that the touchie is nowhere close enough to adjudicate on either regardless.

This so-called bunker really stuffed tonight, Horsehead who used to punish us for fun when he officiated our games, misses something so bloody obvious and the bomb that Cotric clearly knocked is given as a line drop out. Sick of the bent rulings that we cop!! Sick that every game is now decided by these idiots and you are not allowed to complain and you can only talk up the game. Tonight our team lost that game through these crap ruling and our own shortcomings in relation to closing a game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8