Waste of bench space

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Whats the go?
4 interchange players are to add thrust.
By only using 2, used extra sap and impact....the forwards went great considering this.
Really need to get that bench right, surely we need players who are capable of getting on the field.
Perrett, JetSki or Sipley would have maybe been better options at 16 & 17...

Pepi

Bencher
Des did it, Tooves did it and now Baz. I don't get it. In particular why pick winterstein if there is already a player in Brown who is a utility.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Is a bit of a strange one

Seems a waste, but then I thought about how I would actually get them onto the park

Only option I could really come up with was taking Sironen off for a spell at some point for one of them. Thompson didn't set the world on fire but I wouldn't have taken him off for Frank, and minutes wise I wouldn't want any less for Taupau and AFB, and with how strong Lane and Tanginoa played maybe Barrett decided that they were going that well he wanted them to play more minutes than initially planned, and I wouldn't have stripped any minutes off those 2 either

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is a bit of a strange one

Seems a waste, but then I thought about how I would actually get them onto the park

Only option I could really come up with was taking Sironen off for a spell at some point for one of them. Thompson didn't set the world on fire but I wouldn't have taken him off for Frank, and minutes wise I wouldn't want any less for Taupau and AFB, and with how strong Lane and Tanginoa played maybe Barrett decided that they were going that well he wanted them to play more minutes than initially planned, and I wouldn't have stripped any minutes off those 2 either

Agree with that, all being said though, it makes me question the bench selection originally. Baz needs to have faith in the starting 13, not picking bench players " just in case".
It is a 17 man game.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Neither brown or Winterstein give you any spark or impact. You can only use them if you are protecting a lead and want to get someone on to do some tackling and that’s it. When you are chasing a win I don’t see what they offer. I can see why they got splinters tonight. That’s why Hastings is a better option. He could have come on for Croker and possibly offered something.

Kelepi was fantastic. Jake needs to run not just pass, or the passing becomes ineffective. Knights were slated to win this game. Wright was terrible and I normally rate him as safe. Kelly was sensational. Tafua will do me any day of the week as my first choice winger. Great gam from him. DCE is a legend and croker will be hot stuff in four weeks.

Brown should of come on for api 10 minutes before half time and had a 20 minute stint if not why is he there. Give someone else a go api needs a break so he can catch tired forwards out. Frank needs to be left out for perrett
API was non existent tonight. Ducking NSW hooker my arse. No threat from dummy half half a dozen passes that could have been called forward and pedestrian service to two blokes in Tapau and AFB who would have been in all the hilight reels had they not been thrown the ball five metres behind the defensive line.

rifraff

Bencher
Most other teams use more of their bench because they either give the lock or the hooker a break at some stage. I doubt Perret would have gotten any game time today either unless he had come on instead of kelepi for his second stint and Kelepi was still strong.

The bench is also there are to cover for injuries and HIA incidents and whilst I would like the bench to look a bit different it seems people are just getting upset because there was no injuries and we have more 80 minute players than most.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Most other teams use more of their bench because they either give the lock or the hooker a break at some stage. I doubt Perret would have gotten any game time today either unless he had come on instead of kelepi for his second stint and Kelepi was still strong.

The bench is also there are to cover for injuries and HIA incidents and whilst I would like the bench to look a bit different it seems people are just getting upset because there was no injuries and we have more 80 minute players than most.

Most people are getting upset because we played a 17 man game with only 15 men.
No team needs 2 players on the bench just in case we have injuries or HIA.

Perrett was massive out there again in Reggies,showing loads of enthusiasm and tackling hard and running straight .Has to be pushing for a spot on the bench.

Should have already been there mate, along with either Jetski, Sipley or Frank.

Absolute waste of half our bench.

rifraff

Bencher
Most people are getting upset because we played a 17 man game with only 15 men.
No team needs 2 players on the bench just in case we have injuries or HIA.

Also the possession flow of games there wasn't too many times where we were starved of the ball to tire everyone out.But main thing is if we didn't have Jake we would be making more use of the bench.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13