Waste of bench space

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Des did it, Tooves did it and now Baz. I don't get it.
Yep, well said. Exactly my thoughts and I was thinking 'here we go yet again' - and why?
Not 1 but 2 completely wasted bench players, and tonight of all games when it became golden point. Surely a fresh Winterstein, Perrett or Jetski would've given one or two players even a short breather and could've made the difference. I don't get it either!

It's just bizarre, and wrong. You also can't go on about player welfare then not utilise the whole bench.

It seemed like an amateurish **** up at best. It drove me crazy when Des and 2V would only use 3 from 4 but to only use 2 from 4??

SimplisticBareGharial-max-1mb.gif

Neither brown or Winterstein give you any spark or impact. You can only use them if you are protecting a lead and want to get someone on to do some tackling and that’s it. When you are chasing a win I don’t see what they offer. I can see why they got splinters tonight. That’s why Hastings is a better option. He could have come on for Croker and possibly offered something.

Mate you are spot on. Email Trent Barrett and let him know to put Hastings and Perrett on bench.
Lane & Tanginoa had good impact off the bench.

Why the hell would you use your entire bench if you don't have to ....

Why the hell would you take Api off if you didn't have to ...

Last night nobody was suffering from fatique ... nobody was having a shocker ....the two rotation players used did their jobs ....

So, why the hell would you change the team .. if you didn't have to ...

We needed more front row rotation
Afb not a starter lazy around ruck in defence, use perrett and lussick when back.
Rotate tanga with thompson, he did not play 80 with saints was used with sims.

I thought Joel Thompson looks to have put on a few k/g's, and seemed much less fast and explosive than he was at The Dragons. Also, his defense was much less intense than I've seen out of him before. Am I wrong in thinking that guys?

I thought Joel Thompson looks to have put on a few k/g's, and seemed much less fast and explosive than he was at The Dragons. Also, his defense was much less intense than I've seen out of him before. Am I wrong in thinking that guys?
Yeap agree did not see much ball

Last night nobody was suffering from fatique ... nobody was having a shocker ....the two rotation players used did their jobs ....

The thing is, we have 3 backrowers who can are expected to keep up for 80 minutes....well Jake was the only 1 I felt maintained the intensity, both Thompson and Sirro looked tired 15 minutes into each half and until round 4-5 this will continue.
We want AFB and Kapow out there as long as possible, but at a good tempo, not tired - Lane and Kelepi were good off the bench so not as big a loss with the interchange as we had in 2017 when these big boppers went off.
Imho, Sirro looked sluggish and fatigued for 1 and easily could have given Perrett, Sipley or Gojetski a run for him with Jake defending on that edge.
Api is an 80 minute player, but still prefer Hastings take a bench spot to perhaps add zap late in the half for 1 or even injury backup for halves, fullback or dummy half and the other spot go to Perrett, Sipley or Gojetski who will add more thrust than Brown or Winterstein and could have improved the performance last night imo.

We have a good impact prop rotation with Tanginoa and Lane.

We need more impact from the bench. A live wire second rower type, hopefully Gosiewski can step up and become this. I also think someone like Fainu could come on to increase the tempo out of dummy half and give Api a spell.

It is great to have a squad that is fit enough to only use 15 men, but why not use the other two interchanges to inject guys who can be a real headache for the opposition defence for 20 minutes each?

The thing is, we have 3 backrowers who can are expected to keep up for 80 minutes....well Jake was the only 1 I felt maintained the intensity, both Thompson and Sirro looked tired 15 minutes into each half and until round 4-5 this will continue.
We want AFB and Kapow out there as long as possible, but at a good tempo, not tired - Lane and Kelepi were good off the bench so not as big a loss with the interchange as we had in 2017 when these big boppers went off.
Imho, Sirro looked sluggish and fatigued for 1 and easily could have given Perrett, Sipley or Gojetski a run for him with Jake defending on that edge.
Api is an 80 minute player, but still prefer Hastings take a bench spot to perhaps add zap late in the half for 1 or even injury backup for halves, fullback or dummy half and the other spot go to Perrett, Sipley or Gojetski who will add more thrust than Brown or Winterstein and could have improved the performance last night imo.
The debate at the moment is the use of the bench last night, not who we thought should be on it.

And your view that Siro looked sluggish is an opinion which may or may not be correct .. I disagree, I don't think either of our 2nd rowers were over worked.

At the end of the game Baz put both Lane and Kelepi back on for 2nd stints ... yes, he could have put Brown and Frankie on ... then the numbnuts would be happy because we used ALL our bench players ... but he didn't, he decided that Lane and Kelepi had gone so well earlier that they would be the best option to go back on ...

That's good coaching ...

Using your bench just because it's there .... would just be stoopid coaching.

The debate at the moment is the use of the bench last night, not who we thought should be on it.

And your view that Siro looked sluggish is an opinion which may or may not be correct .. I disagree, I don't think either of our 2nd rowers were over worked.

At the end of the game Baz put both Lane and Kelepi back on for 2nd stints ... yes, he could have put Brown and Frankie on ... then the numbnuts would be happy because we used ALL our bench players ... but he didn't, he decided that Lane and Kelepi had gone so well earlier that they would be the best option to go back on ...

That's good coaching ...

Using your bench just because it's there .... would just be stoopid coaching.
The backrowers were not “overworked” , just not as much energy/impact after 15 - 20 minutes so feel 1 of the other players mentioned would have added more impact and in effect, actually given ALL other players in the pack more breath and generally lift the team.
A tad more momentum at key points back end of halves is of mass importance.
The fact Sirro looked fatigued was based on the Fact his carries had less power and dropped the ball twice back end of the half from more what I feel was fatigue than poor hands.
All just opinion yes, but the gameplay showed 2 worthy extra subs could have been beneficial imo.

The backrowers were not “overworked” , just not as much energy/impact after 15 - 20 minutes so feel 1 of the other players mentioned would have added more impact and in effect, actually given ALL other players in the pack more breath and generally lift the team.
A tad more momentum at key points back end of halves is of mass importance.
The fact Sirro looked fatigued was based on the Fact his carries had less power and dropped the ball twice back end of the half from more what I feel was fatigue than poor hands.
All just opinion yes, but the gameplay showed 2 worthy extra subs could have been beneficial imo.

Opinion is all we have Maxta, and in 55 years of supporting and discussing football, I have found the only thing guaranteed is that if there are 5 blokes in the room there are at least 6 different opinions ....

PSS I didn't see Siro or Thommo do anything last night that would have made them raise a sweat ... not their fault ... we just don't play to them.

Opinion is all we have Maxta, and in 55 years of supporting and discussing football, I have found the only thing guaranteed is that if there are 5 blokes in the room there are at least 6 different opinions ....

PSS I didn't see Siro or Thommo do anything last night that would have made them raise a sweat ... not their fault ... we just don't play to them.
They didn’t mate - just game 1 and lacked energy as it went on.

Either way we needed 3 forwards on the bench and Hastings ( who is unpredictable and can give that bit of spark) can cover hooker/halves or fullback, we have players on the field who could cover centre if needed.
It doesn't matter how well our forwards played last night they still needed to be rotated more. As it was last night I think it was a waste of bench space.
But on the positive side of things I think a lot of our off season questions and worries have been answered...... We have a GOOD footy team with a huge amount of potential.....

It should be a great year :party::cool:

API was non existent tonight. Ducking NSW hooker my arse. No threat from dummy half half a dozen passes that could have been called forward and pedestrian service to two blokes in Tapau and AFB who would have been in all the hilight reels had they not been thrown the ball five metres behind the defensive line.
Agree, but also - copped a heavy knock in the first half, played 89 minutes and made 66 tackles. We need more from the second rowers.

If we had won the game then we can be content with the win and say the players on the field did the job and we didnt have to replace them .
A proactive coach selects the right players on the bench and utilises them at the right time to get the right results

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11