Watmough insurance claim rejected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gotta love Choc, the greatest double agent since Kim Philby. Let's look at his efforts in taking down the enemy from within

* Convinces Parra to sign him to a lucrative long contract he had no hope of fulfilling
* Sucks up cap space and delivers nothing on the field
* Signs dodgy 3rd Party deals knowing full well they would be exposed and subsequently set off the salary cap scandal that ruins Parra's season
* Lures a ticking time bomb called Foran across and watches him explode
* Keeps telling anyone who will listen that Brad Arthur is a great coach and should be signed long term

His final coup de grace is now making Parra pay out his contract from their own pockets for his dodgy medical retirement.

Well done Anthony, time to come home my friend

giphy.gif

Gotta love Choc, the greatest double agent since Kim Philby. Let's look at his efforts in taking down the enemy from within

* Convinces Parra to sign him to a lucrative long contract he had no hope of fulfilling
* Signs dodgy 3rd Party deals knowing full well they would be exposed and subsequently set off the salary cap scandal that ruins Parra's season
* Keeps telling anyone who will listen that Brad Arthur is a great coach and should be signed long term

His final coup de grace is now making Parra pay out his contract from their own pockets for his dodgy medical retirement.

Lolollll yes. He has copped a lot of criticism on here but he smoked Parra in the end, bigtime! Always a northern beaches boy. Come home Anthony, your work there is done lol

Absolutely, by this kid of kind of ruling - all clubs with older players should register longer than reasonable contracts. When they reach the end of their playing careers they can apply fo insurance and if it's knocked back - the club can pay out the player without affecting the cap.

More holes in it than a leaky sharks premier-ship....

Happened in the NHL, so they brought out rulings where at a specific age, the medical rule no longer is applicable.

My team went through this wuth Brad Stuart, now they had to pay him 3.6 million USD against the cap (brought out) at full freight.

wow, an insurance company not paying out....I'm shocked!

Actually, and as much as I hate insurance companies, they have it right in this case.

It was disturbing to read months back how quickly the nrl agreed to let parra write off choc's money from the salary cap. At the time it was a blatantly against the rules and done as a favour for the club and probably for some of the guys running it.

As Ryan says...it sets a dangerous precedent....though scarily it is not beyond the nrl to make the opposite ruling for a non favoured club (Manly - not that I had to type that.)

Kent did an article recently saying how the whole watmough scenario stunk, and he's correct. Saying how can he be cap exempt if the insurer still hasn't made a decision- which usually takes months...but the nrl jumped in and made him exempt. It looks worse now the insurers won't pay out.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/993fcd0779ed0fdbe23b16c68edf2923

Choc had well documented knee injuries from back in about 2010 and just about everyone knew about it because it was regularly reported in the media.

It was a BS decision to let doesn't-matta take Choc's money from their salary cap before the insurers made their decision and it stunk of Nein wanting to keep interest in the Speels' season because of the amount of games they had scheduled with them.

If Killer, Snake or Skivy had been forced to retire earlier this year because of injury do you think the NRL would have allowed Manly the same? They'd have made us wait until the insurance company gave their ruling, by which time it would have been too late to replace any of them. And if the insurance company (QBE I believe) had said no dice, you can bet their money wouldn't have come off of our salary cap.

While it is a cap exemption, the club still has to pay it.
I know we are talking Parra here but the problem is what if a club can't pay it, who does?
This is exactly what Kent raised when Choc's insurance scam was rubber stamped by the NRL @:cool:

That rich Clubs ie 1 Team Cities, will further advantage themselves by signing experienced but injury risk players.
If the player stays injury free, they get the benefit of him on the field, but if the player breaks down then there is no hit to their CAP :mad:

I'm glad that Choc gets his monies, but there is serious questions about the NRL Doctor's judgement. Smells of another NRL leg up for Parra :cool:

I think what the NRL have shown this year more than any other I can recall is that while they do run the competition, any major decisions follow more what their television benefactor (Nein) want more than what is actually good for the game or even the correct decision.

If doesn't-matta wasn't one of the more popular Sydney clubs (and for some reason they are) who bring in ratings for Nein, the NRL would likely have done to them what they did to the 2002 Dogs and the Storm back in 2010. I mean, does anyone seriously think that if it was Manly who had been caught cheating the cap like the Speels did that we'd have been hit with the feather duster as @Frogz called it? Hell no. Greenturd wouldn't have just thrown the book at us, he'd have thrown the whole damn library if he could.
Probably would have seen it as an opportunity to punish us out of existence and then offer us a financial package to relocate.

This is exactly what Kent raised when Choc's insurance scam was rubber stamped by the NRL @:cool:

That rich Clubs ie 1 Team Cities, will further advantage themselves by signing experienced but injury risk players.
If the player stays injury free, they get the benefit of him on the field, but if the player breaks down then there is no hit to their CAP :mad:

I'm glad that Choc gets his monies, but there is serious questions about the NRL Doctor's judgement. Smells of another NRL leg up for Parra :cool:

More like another knee up for parra.

So parra have technically been over the cap all year

Think how far under we would be if we could count Lyon, Matai, Stewart and BJ all possibly with career ending injuries right now

Great post @Chip and Chase - funniest I've read in a long time.

Greenburg seems such a short sighted individual with his decision making. His softly softly penalty for salary and TPA breaches, his agreement not to have Parra suffer salary cap penalties regarding Watmough, his failure to further penalise the felonious five requiring a higher authority to take action. This supposedly clever operator is creating a long term rod for his back because of precedence, which if he wants to keep the clubs on side, he must abide by. No foresight whatsoever and consequently the League surely can have no confidence that he will effectively guide it through the next decade. One is reminded of Major Major in Catch 22.

Greenturd reminds me of those used car salesmen that keep talking & have the gift of the gab. They talk rot & lie through their teeth but some people fall for it.

It's not long after that you realise you were sold a lemon, something the NRL sadly is turning into.

I think he can talk his way through problems where the media is concerned & they've gone very easy on him because of it. Supporters like us though are not won over by his talk.

He's not up to the job and the game is suffering for it.

Oh for the days of Arko and Quayle. Great footy men with good business brains as well

Lol. Yes indeed. Can only say
Well played sir !!!

Other headlines I'd like to see:

Watmough Defence White Paper Rejected

Watmough Climate Change Research Discounted

@WatmoughsMentor

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7