Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

dowdz said:
What i can't believe, is that grown men are acting like children. How do they expect the club to keep everybody together, without losing the up an comers?

Yep. I'm absolutely over it.

I tend to think that the modern player manager will increasingly get in the way of any club having a strong club culture. Managers are only interested in chasing the dollar because they work on percentage. It wouldn't be too hard for them to use something like the Glenn situation to get in a player's ear and have them wanting to move on.

Counter to that, I think our club does have a pretty solid group centred around the likes of Cherry, Buhrer, and many of the younger kids who may not be completely in with the Choc - Stewarts - Foz bunch.

QldEagle01 said:
Make the jerk play his final year, drop him to nsw cup and then let him go. Absolute show pony if hes carrying on like a spoilt brat, most of us would die to pull on the maroon and white, hes rubbing our noses in it, piss off Watmough!

Wake up to yourself.

Yes it's an honour to wear the Manly colours.

This "show pony" has bled bullets and poured over a decade of effort in doing so.

Assuming even IF the talk has any truth to it, a bloke has a right to an opinion, and a choice about his place of employment.

Especially a man as loyal as Choc's been to Manly.

A contract's a contract, and I'll be extremely surprised if we released him to go anywhere.

Sooner see the back of a hundred "supporters" like you.

marga said:
I'm surprised no one has picked up that he played in blue and gold boots yesterday. There has to be a story right there. :)

I thought they were the latest purple (and gold) boots going around the games this week?

Which means of course he's probly off to Melbourne as well now marg!

RiverEagle said:
marga said:
I'm surprised no one has picked up that he played in blue and gold boots yesterday. There has to be a story right there. :)

I thought they were the latest purple (and gold) boots going around the games this week?

Which means of course he's probly off to Melbourne as well now marg!
Could have been my eyesight. Will have to watch Fridays game.

Well @marga

Each and every cuddle you get from Choc from now on, just say, "Please stay Anthony!"

He will listen to you hun!

marga said:
Ryan said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Ryan said:
What I don't like is that Watmough, Foran and B Stewart were at a cafe last week openly bragging that Choc / Foran are going to play under brad Arthur at The Eels next season, and Brett Stewart The Titans. They said this was all being done after the finals.

Apparently a portion of the senior playing group aren't talking to Toovey.

I heard this 1st hand from a person there.

That's secondhand then, at best. The amount of people who apparently know what's going on with Manly players and staff is staggering.

I've asked David Perry about it anyways. I'll let people know the outcome, if he doesn't mind me saying.
Can't wait to hear what Dave Perry tells you Ryan.

Not going to sugar coat it, or be dishonest, he completely shut me down, and straight up was open about it:

"Happy for you to come and have a coffee at the office to understand all the facts and not just innuendo and media speculation

Let me know if this suits you?
DAVID PERRY – GENERAL MANAGER
Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Ok, he said some other stuff, but that just related to my brother and dad passing, so I left that bit out.

Ryan said:
marga said:
Ryan said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Ryan said:
What I don't like is that Watmough, Foran and B Stewart were at a cafe last week openly bragging that Choc / Foran are going to play under brad Arthur at The Eels next season, and Brett Stewart The Titans. They said this was all being done after the finals.

That's secondhand then, at best. The amount of people who apparently know what's going on with Manly players and staff is staggering.

I've asked David Perry about it anyways. I'll let people know the outcome, if he doesn't mind me saying.

Not going to sugar coat it, or be dishonest, he completely shut me down, and straight up was open about it:

"Happy for you to come and have a coffee at the office to understand all the facts and not just innuendo and media speculation

Ok, he said some other stuff, but that just related to my brother and dad passing, so I left that bit out.

Sorry, not being smart - but what is there to sugar coat? He has just said come have a chat, no matter the relationship I would assume any good operator would not put something in writing to an uninvolved third party.

Obviously there is something afoot, we all know that, I just question the direness of the situation, and I can't get that from his apparent email.

I want to know if you get offered a muffin with the coffee. If not, that's pretty cheap behaviour by Perry.

Choc had a great game that titans first try wasnt his fault, everyone looked flat.

He was by far our best forward against the titans

Ryan said:
marga said:
Ryan said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Ryan said:

I hope that you are going to take him up on his offer of a coffee

Choc if you want to leave so badly come out in public and say it, instead of talking crap to the media off the record. Once it has been quoted from your mouth im sure you will find the Manly fans will help you get an early release, cause we don't want someone playing for the club that doesn't want to be there. The same goes for every other player not happy at Manly. I would rather miss the top 8 all together than win a premiership with tossers trying to hold my club to ransom. The club is bigger and better than you will ever be. Man up and tell us you want to stay or go. Enough with the childishness.

It is so disheartening to hear the players are thinking this way, even if there is only a small element of truth to it. I'm a grown man with kids but if I see some of these players in opposition colours I think I might shed a tear or 2. To be honest eventhough I should thank them for their service its going to be very difficult to wish them well if they leave under these circumstances. I know its the era of professional sports where a player needs to look out for their own welfare, but I always thought that a large part of the reason why we have been so successful is because our players generally loved the club, and as an extension of that, loved playing for us as supporters as much as we love watching them play. I know its naive to think that, but to find out they perhaps don't love the place as much as we do, well hurts a little bit.

effnic said:
Choc if you want to leave so badly come out in public and say it, instead of talking crap to the media off the record. Once it has been quoted from your mouth im sure you will find the Manly fans will help you get an early release, cause we don't want someone playing for the club that doesn't want to be there. The same goes for every other player not happy at Manly. I would rather miss the top 8 all together than win a premiership with tossers trying to hold my club to ransom. The club is bigger and better than you will ever be. Man up and tell us you want to stay or go. Enough with the childishness.

Yep, club always 1st. Like i said earlier. Stop acting like children and move on. If you think this great has mistreated you, then go. Play football and let the administrators deal with cap issues. It's sad that we have to lose players, but that's how it is in the modern era. Beaver had to go as well. Did it with class might i add

Maybe choc just says this because the players all laugh at the way the media run around like chooks (sir joh) printing anything without fact checking?

If so, the players probably hope/trust that the fans would know the truth...that despite everything, they like playing for Manly, and really enjoy going to the finals every year!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4