Watmough MOM after 20 minutes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great shot by White.  I was saying earlier in the game I would love to see Price get decked. 

Fro link said:
what a joke, White knocks Price out and Waterhouse gets sent.

He was trying to break the fight up.

I didnt think White had it in him :)

Lucky Price is a soft cock.

As for the chocster, sign him up for life.

I thought Waterhouse must have kinghit him, but he was out to it before Waterhouse was in the same postcode.

Wonder Where White got the stones from??

Price is now officially the softest prop in the NRL. Anyone (other than Ben Ross) who loses a fight with Brett White needs to give it away. Can't believe Waterhouse got marched for that. Price was snoozing and on his way down just as Waterhouse arrived. Hodges is a dead set cat, full of talk when everyone is standing around and can't do anything, but nowhere to be seen when the fists are flying.

Great finish to the game, pity there wasn't another 10 minutes to go, would have erupted.

Wolfman got a lesson from Inglis and was ordinary, hopefully he will learn from this and grow as a player. Choc was awesome, perhaps Dessie should throw the number 13 on his back this weekend. Kimmorely quiet in attack but pulled off some good defence, so probably justified his selection. Barrett not that great and made some errors. Hayne has been NSW's best all series, didn't rate him that highly before this year but have to admit he has been impressive.

well i thought tonight choc would finally run out of steam but no kept going right until the end and deserverd MOM

I would have thought that Lockyer would have at least congratulated NSW on the win tonight when he accepted the shield.

Choc played great again tonight and rightly deserved man of the match. He led the way all night.

Gimmemorely also played well but that tackle where he supposedly took Inglis over the sideline, I don't think that he actually did. I would like to see the tackle from a different angle as it would appear to me that Inglis's left leg never actually touched the ground when it went over the line and his right leg was clearly inside the field of play from the camera angle that was shown.

Fro link said:
I thought Waterhouse must have kinghit him, but he was out to it before Waterhouse was in the same postcode.

Wonder Where White got the stones from??

Same here. I saw Hodges carrying on and I thought something real cheap must have happened.

Wasn't it good to see Slater come up with plenty of errors as usual, one of which gifted Wolfy a try. And he bounced the ball for his "try". Of course the commentators completely ignored it and still blew sunshine up his nether regions.

Watmough: no errors, all contributions pure guava. 80mins. he owned that game.

wolfman; had to laugh, but sorry for him too. did some good things but clearly knew he was out of his depth bigtime v. inglis on the right. they would have done him a favour standing him down like they did wallace.

glenn s: solid

perry, solid

I think Qld tried too much razzle dazzle and it didn't happen as easily for them in this game. hard to stay up for it I guess.

thurston must get some weeks for that kick; hopefully that will be the end of the kick the ball out of people's hands trick. (actually I reckon it was matthew ridge that started it years ago in a game v. brisbane where he got away with it). If you kicked someone on the ground because the had the ball anywhere else on the field you'd get some serious weeks for it.

I was amazed that choc played the whole 80mins with that intensity. Unbelievable! He kept slamming them and making line breaks. I am so happy this guy is on our side!!!! He can dominate in the finals series.

Unfortuntely wolfman is a great Club player and looks like the Morris boys will take his role next year.

Brett Whites hit was superb, decked him big time. Price always beats up on halfbacks when they put up the kick. About time the props finaly stood up to him!! Hodges is a girl

Actually I thought Wolfie's try was from a tiny knock-on.  I think he knew it as well.  Shaking his head on screen to indicate no try.  Anyway it was given.  He's out of his depth at this level.  Way to many errors. Other Eagles players were solid except for Choc.  Brilliant game.  Now boys, onwards and upwards, starting on Saturday night.

I think if Williams had of tried to tackle Inglis low instead of going high all the time and getting pushed away people wouldn't be saying he was out of his depth. With his fend why anyone would try and take him high is beyond me, he also gave him too much room by coming in so far. Fix those to issues and he has a good game.

I think the Q'landers a pretty poor sports too. They only fired up at the end because they knew they were beat, Both Lockyer and Inglis failed to acknowledge the NSW team in their speeches, Lockyer must be the first winning captain of any sporting team to do that. Hodges is a cat and someone should have put one on his chin, it would have been worth a few weeks.

I've just been reading the player ratings for the game from people on LU.

Choc has well and truly arrived, most are giving him 9's and 10's out of 10.

A classic performance from a forward. That's two superb games in a row.

I get the feeling that if you pump him up just before a game he'll go on to have a blinder. He looks like he's loving origin.

Choc was always reving up the players. Thats the passion i'd like to see every origin. There is so much BK influence in that bloke.

Did you also see after the game, Choc aslo congratulated Brett White and Waterhouse for Decking Price. 

Yep, he's certainly a thug.  Lucky for us, he's ours.  I just hope he plays as well on Saturday night and crushes the gummies.

Terrific write-up:

CHOC Watmough was only minutes away from disappearing up the tunnel when he found him. Ben Kennedy. The mate, mentor and champion Blue whose number he was about to finally wear himself.

"Yeah, I was about to get up and leave the dugout to get changed for the game,'' Watmough told  The Daily Telegraph last night, a Channel 9 man-of-the-match envelope sitting at his feet.

"Then I looked left and there he was. BK wasn't going to come to the game until I asked him. Got tickets for his whole family. It was massive to have him here.''

And what did the legendary No.13 say to the incumbent?

"He just told me to get involved,'' Watmough said with a smile. "Said `Mate, this game is gonna define you as an Origin player'.''

Which is why, somewhere among all the muscle, madness and Maroonwash threats that was Origin III, Choc announced his arrival as a NSW Origin player.

Did it with 80 minutes of charges, tackles and offloads. Slides and rushes.

Still going so hard in that unbelievable last minute of play _  "after that up 'n' under for an all-in'' _ that even Queenslanders must wish he was born in Atherton rather than Auburn.

Because if this series is remembered for nothing else south of the border, it should be for the arrival of Choc.

This controversial Sea Eagle whose efforts are stronger than truck-stop coffee.

Who proves there is more to league than numbers and decimal points.  Who, as of this morning, has claimed the enforcer crown once worn by William Marshall Mason.

Because Choc's was a performance all line speed, line breaks and "line up, boys, to follow me''.

When Ben Creagh scored after 66 minutes, it was from a Watmough break. When the Maroons were pinged for trying to slow the ruck just 5minutes later, it was from a Watmough offload. And no points for guessing who nailed Matt Scott from the first kick after the break.

Here was an effort that reeked of State of Origin.

Like Choc lunging at Lockyer. Threatening Thurston. Only 18 seconds from half-time and there he was again, ripping, tearing, dragging lazy Queensland defenders out of the ruck.

One percenters.

"I'm not quite sure what he's on but I wouldn't mind some,'' Blues coach Craig Bellamy said afterwards.

"A couple of times there he'd slow down and I'd think it was time to give him a rest. Then he'd get the ball again and charge 15 or 20m.''

And, sure, the fella has errors in him. Like two minutes into the second half when a wayward Choc pass was scooped up by Queensland and, within the set, centre Justin Hodges had scored out wide.

But this, remember, is the same bloke who back in '05 lasted only one game before being punted. Who stood accused of drinking too much in camp, ignoring team rules and then got caught up in a wrestle with the very same Ben Kennedy who was at Suncorp Stadium last night.

Told in no uncertain terms he would never play for NSW again.

Asked about that mmory last night, Watmough said: "Mate, I don't know anything about that.

"That was 2005. This is now. That's all I'm worried about.''

Watmough's man-of-the-match efforts were also celebrated all across NSW, with punters plunging on the back-rower with TAB Sportsbet _ sending him from $21 to $15 and taking just under $100,000 from the bookies.

And so exactly how much is in that envelope at his feet?
"No, nuthin', it's empty,'' he laughs. "But when I do get the cash ... well, I'll be putting it straight over the bar for the boys tonight.''

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25789582-5006066,00.html

good read there MB, thanks for sharing. Now if he can repeat that in the final series  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6