Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We all know DCE is down on form and on a huge contract. He's not your typical footy player personality. I also don't think he's right for the captaincy role. But I'd like to know how many of the people who criticise DCE online, actually know him as person. Have you met him? Have you had a conversation with him? Do you really know anything about him at all apart from his form?
To me DCE seems to be about the most media bashed and online bullied player I've ever witnessed. I think it's wrong and I think it's very bad form from Manly supporters.
Yes his form is down. Yes, like most NRL halves he earns way too much money. But do we have the right to judge and criticise his character.
No.
Just my opinion.

I have met him, numerous times he is a very polite young man he always has time for a chat whether he is at a club event or in public.

He is not conceited, if you didn’t know who he was, you would have no idea how much $$ he is on. He is well spoken- like he is on TV I can’t understand why media like to criticise the way he talks.

He always thanks the fans for coming to away games whether they win or lose. He truely loves his job. Quite frankly I have no idea how anyone could continue to front up after media and people continually put him down....

I have met him, numerous times he is a very polite young man he always has time for a chat whether he is at a club event or in public.

He is not conceited, if you didn’t know who he was, you would have no idea how much $$ he is on. He is well spoken- like he is on TV I can’t understand why media like to criticise the way he talks.

He always thanks the fans for coming to away games whether they win or lose. He truely loves his job. Quite frankly I have no idea how anyone could continue to front up after media and people continually put him down....

Winner.

The most disappointing thing is manly never paid stupid money for a 7 or 6 back in the good old days whether be hasler, lyons, toovey, gibbs even fulton. We did not pay overs they came here to prove themselves.
Imagine we let him go say we signed ash taylor as widely reported or develop our own.
Management totally agree its there problem. Bob fulton signed blokes on silly money walker, dce, tapau, nate ****in myles. No one here buying in culture trent trying to create, as seen by tapau manager whinging to media wanting a release.
I much prefer we start from stratch kids wanting a crack. We need to get a brent kite (who coaching) or matty ballin as assitant to trent.

This thread would not have existed, had we not signed DCE. Trent wouldn't be here either, had we not signed DCE.
We don't have kids to take over now, we have DCE + 29. We all need to get used to that, and stop the hate on the lad.

Taylor would have been OK, but you can only play the cards you are dealt.

Behaving like a petulant child is a good understanding of the media? Saying that you are 'enjoying' a public contract process where you have committed to another club, yet are stringing along the supporters of the club you play for, is a sound demonstration of sincerity? Refusing to train until your contract is upgraded again is a show of sincerity? The booze and nose candy crew you speak of led the way to four grand final appearances, and year on end successful results. Personally if someone chooses to go to a strip joint, rightly that is there prerogative however, the inference that he is this clean cut family man that goes homes every night may not be completely accurate. Joel Thompson has been his teammate for less than a year, give him time, and clearly Buhrer's memory is fading, given that Cherry-Evans attempted to stick fingers into his eyes

Mate, you’re entitled to your opinion, I’m sure no amount of discussion will change it. Just bear in mind, DCE’s attitude to the media markedly changed after he was hounded off the beach, carrying one of his toddler daughters, during said contract negotiations (I’m near 100% it was Liam Cox shoving the microphone in his face after he’d repeatedly been asked to leave the family alone) I’m damn sure the guy has zero respect for the media, and with good reason.

And again - on the strip club thing? Without DCE’s wife coming out and saying she a) didn’t know about it, and b) has a problem with it, I don’t see the issue. Don’t automatically assume that women have a problem with their husbands/partners attending said establishments; I for one certainly don’t.

The worst part of that segment tonight for me was Kent, saying choc was all about the club, the same as the turbos. Stating Tom and Jake flew home immediately after Origin, did some junior coaching then jumped on the plane to go to NZ. So what, DCE has done more for the Manly club outside of football than any other player I can remember!

If you follow Manly on Instagram and on the clubs email list, web site etc they post a lot of the stuff the players do for the community outside of football.

DCE is always at school events, visiting hospitals for the unwell, junior coaching clinics, team social events, fundraising, promo events etc etc. You often see different players stepping in occasionally, but you always see DCE put the time in. And the young kids look up to him, they love him. I have shook his hand and spoke to him and got a pic with my boy, and i loved watching him with all the little ones. Choc on the other hand shouldn't open his mouth

DCE is an overpaid, underperforming first grader. Manly wanted Foran but when he signed elsewhere, we sold the farm for DCE. Everything you mentioned above is in the job description. He’s a hired gun, that’s all.Qld Origin won’t even consider him. Five more years of him will finish us.

If what choc said was said by a complete cleanskin I would give it more credence than I do.
He's a bloke that, through his wayward behavior, caused the club grief through his career.
To the point where dessy lost patience and made the "indiscretion after indiscretion after indiscretion" quote.
I dunno what disorder choc suffers from but attention deficit sticks out like the preverbials.
Stay gone choc.
I had forgotten you.

Mate, you’re entitled to your opinion, I’m sure no amount of discussion will change it. Just bear in mind, DCE’s attitude to the media markedly changed after he was hounded off the beach, carrying one of his toddler daughters, during said contract negotiations (I’m near 100% it was Liam Cox shoving the microphone in his face after he’d repeatedly been asked to leave the family alone) I’m damn sure the guy has zero respect for the media, and with good reason.

And again - on the strip club thing? Without DCE’s wife coming out and saying she a) didn’t know about it, and b) has a problem with it, I don’t see the issue. Don’t automatically assume that women have a problem with their husbands/partners attending said establishments; I for one certainly don’t.
Dang.
They don't make em like you anymore Yoka...

Hahaha, I reckon I would plonk a few bucks on Watmough, just quietly.

Wow, you would support a guy who has been at the club for five minutes over a guy who bled for the club and played in four grand finals?! I'm glad I'm not a family member of yours!!!

You don't chit on your own and that's what WatMouth has done, to me that's unforgivable

I have never met DCE but had one encounter with Choc. I was lucky enough to sit in the dugout as guests of William Hill, for the Manly V Knights game in March 2013. Now I am a big bloke, built for comfort not speed and as my wife and I entered the dugout Watmough, Jamie Buhrer and a couple of other players were sitting in the back. Jamie Buhrer apologised if they were sitting in our seats, I replied that they were sweet as we had seats at the front, as I sat down I heard Watmough say "what fat c..t". I turned around and asked him to repeat what he had said to my face, he was about to reply when an official entered the area with a young kid and his family who were guests of Wolfie. I don't know who the official was but Choc got up and left. Jamie then apologised to my wife and I for Watmough's behaviour, my wife replied that Jamie had nothing to apologise for. Watmough and his big mouth spoiled what should have been a great day, a big win over the Knights and meeting the mighty Wombat post game couldn't compensate for his moronic actions.

I have never met DCE but had one encounter with Choc. I was lucky enough to sit in the dugout as guests of William Hill, for the Manly V Knights game in March 2013. Now I am a big bloke, built for comfort not speed and as my wife and I entered the dugout Watmough, Jamie Buhrer and a couple of other players were sitting in the back. Jamie Buhrer apologised if they were sitting in our seats, I replied that they were sweet as we had seats at the front, as I sat down I heard Watmough say "what fat c..t". I turned around and asked him to repeat what he had said to my face, he was about to reply when an official entered the area with a young kid and his family who were guests of Wolfie. I don't know who the official was but Choc got up and left. Jamie then apologised to my wife and I for Watmough's behaviour, my wife replied that Jamie had nothing to apologise for. Watmough and his big mouth spoiled what should have been a great day, a big win over the Knights and meeting the mighty Wombat post game couldn't compensate for his moronic actions.

To be fair, on the one occasion my family had any more than a ‘please sign my hat’ conversation with Watmough, he did get my Mum a chair at the Leagues Club once, as he happened to be walking past when we were telling her to stay put while we got her a chair (pre dual knee replacements). So it looks like he got the ‘be nice to old ladies’ lesson at least.

On the other hand, my sisters went to one of the junior member Xmas parties at the waterworks, when DCE and Jamie were in the 20s. Apparently a few of the players there on the day hung out together and didn’t have a lot to do with the kids; the ones they raved about who really made the day awesome for them were DCE, Buhrer, Wolfie and George Rose. Personally I couldn’t give a toss how anyone behaves towards the media fraternity, but all of those guys have consistently made the effort to interact positively with fans, especially kids.

DCE is really copping it at the moment for the team’s poor performances but when he had a decent (not great) partner in the halves last year, he was on fire. I thought Hodkinson looked OK in the game against the Storm but since then has been poor. If only we could get Todd Carney or another decent halves partner for DCE...

One thing I will say is that I honestly couldn't believe Choc when he said that he didn't bag the club after he left.

Um......wait, what?

And I will also say this with regards to DCE and his current contract. I won't rehash the whole bloody story again because its been done to death. But the fact is that we could have had him signed for about $700k per year at the end of 2014 until Manly management, i.e. the Penn's in their infinite, given advice from Uncle Zorba wisdom, decided to try and keep Foran instead. And once all that went pear shaped after Foran announced he had signed with Doesn't-matta, they realised they were going to lose BOTH their international halves (because Foran's announcement literally came a week after DCE had announced his Titans signing, rather conveniently - Foran's gift to the club for shafting Gifty) and they hit the panic button.

Cherry didn't exactly hold out his hand and demand money. The club stuffed up that whole situation and had no one to blame but themselves. He had been allowed to go onto the open market and had found out what other clubs were willing to pay him. To get him to stay we had to match the Titans contract he signed and then some. They had to make it worth his while. But it would never have happened if the Penn's hadn't pulled the original offer. That stuff up saw to it that the club has ended up paying him almost double that original offer.

Do I think DCE or any NRL player regardless of perceived future Immortal status is worth over $1 million per year? Hell no, but it is what it is and the situation isn't likely to change any time soon. But to say he's a cancer on the team is a bit over the top.

I will totally agree with one thing Choc said in that podcast and its in regards to the 2013 GF.....

We did lead 18-8 halfway through the second half following Matai's try and we should never have lost regardless of piss poor referee decisions that went against us. We lost the last 20 or so minutes of that game 18-0, we basically fell apart.

That game, like 1997.....hurts because they were two GF's we should never have lost.

Last edited:
One thing I will say is that I honestly couldn't believe Choc when he said that he didn't bag the club after he left.

Um......wait, what?

And I will also say this with regards to DCE and his current contract. I won't rehash the whole bloody story again because its been done to death. But the fact is that we could have had him signed for about $700k per year at the end of 2014 until Manly management, i.e. the Penn's in their infinite, given advice from Uncle Zorba wisdom, decided to try and keep Foran instead. And once all that went pear shaped after Foran announced he had signed with Doesn't-matta, they realised they were going to lose BOTH their international halves (because Foran's announcement literally came a week after DCE had announced his Titans signing, rather conveniently - Foran's gift to the club for shafting Gifty) and they hit the panic button.

Cherry didn't exactly hold out his hand and demand money. The club stuffed up that whole situation and had no one to blame but themselves. He had been allowed to go onto the open market and had found out what other clubs were willing to pay him. To get him to stay we had to match the Titans contract he signed and then some. They had to make it worth his while. But it would never have happened if the Penn's hadn't pulled the original offer. That stuff up saw to it that the club has ended up paying him almost double that original offer.

Do I think DCE or any NRL player regardless of perceived future Immortal status is worth over $1 million per year? Hell no, but it is what it is and the situation isn't likely to change any time soon. But to say he's a cancer on the team is a bit over the top.
when you stab your team mates in the back it never ends good............
As they say, "Kama's a bitch"

100% agree........... he should PO & spend his time with his Eels mates! This guy has rubbished the club at every opportunity. If it wasn't for Manly he would be nothing. The club put up with all his indiscretions & backed him to the hilt & this is how he repays them! This guy will never be a Manly legend in my eyes. Criticizing DCE for chasing money.....oh really & what did he do?

I should clear something up, I've known many eloquent types like DCe that I have admired and you grant them the reverence they seem to expect.
But I have also learnt that this outward appearance can be deceiving.
If you want to see the true measure of a man watch how he treats his inferiors.

I personally I don't rate Hastings, but the way DCe poured **** on Hastings backed by his coach of all people, was and is a low act.
The media **** storm around that was crazy, but the persecution of Hastings that followed was just F.....Ken unbelievable !
Watmough said it as well, which I applaud, but what is even worse is the impact it has had on the team.
No one is saying anything , but the seething is still there.
I got no beef with Baz but he needs to temper the eloquent trip he's on and show some
Humanity.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10