Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve been critical of DCE’s performances and some of his carry on. He comes across as a bit smarmy, but I like the fact he thinks about what he wants to say. I don’t like how he handles contract negotiations. He seems like a bit of a kook, but he also seems like a reasonable guy, he’s not nasty.

Watmough is a twat. There is nothing going on in that head of his. If anything, Watmough calling him an FWit makes me hold DCE in higher regard. Watmough would think Foran and Eddie Hayson are great blokes, he obviously didn’t like the Wolfman. He’s clearly a poor judge of character, because he’d base people on himself, and he’s proven himself to be a brainless tosspot. Slapping sponsors, criticising women’s choice of attire, throwing coins at his ex partner, going 135km/hr in an 80 zone. But nah, DCE is the FWit.

I’ve been critical of DCE’s performances and some of his carry on. He comes across as a bit smarmy, but I like the fact he thinks about what he wants to say. I don’t like how he handles contract negotiations. He seems like a bit of a kook, but he also seems like a reasonable guy, he’s not nasty.

Watmough is a twat. There is nothing going on in that head of his. If anything, Watmough calling him an FWit makes me hold DCE in higher regard. Watmough would think Foran and Eddie Hayson are great blokes, he obviously didn’t like the Wolfman. He’s clearly a poor judge of character, because he’d base people on himself, and he’s proven himself to be a brainless tosspot. Slapping sponsors, criticising women’s choice of attire, throwing coins at his ex partner, going 135km/hr in an 80 zone. But nah, DCE is the FWit.

Well said - that’s kind of the point I was making earlier about not having to do anything wrong to be labelled a tosser - the Neanderthals behaving exactly the way you described above are the first to start name calling if you decide to act like a reasonable human being instead of performing bodily functions in public and abusing women for funsies.

“Ooh, that wanker thinks he’s too good for us”. Nah, that wanker’s Mum just taught him some manners and housetrained him, for everyone’s benefit.

More drama, huh? The simple fact is, when you're winning footy games, no one gives a f*ck about who hates who or what Tooves did to Gifty or who ate all the sausage rolls on game day. But when you look as clueless as the current team, everyone feels entitled to share their point of view. So, boys, how about winning some games of footy and giving us all something else to talk about?

The saddest Manly shafting after 2v was Fatty @:oops:

Club Captain, 100% effort each game and moved on without a Fan farewell :tmi:

It's always been just business :cool:
That was a big one and I should have included Vautin, but I would rate Thommo’s as worse. He was forced to retire from playing in 1984, when he wanted to play on, so he could move into the coaching ranks.

Before virtually a ball was kicked in 1989, the club was courting Graham Lowe.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised that no one has crossed this thread with the Sack Barrett thread to come up with:
Gifty for Coach!!!!
According to Watmough it was the Stewart Brothers (especially Gifty) who masterminded all their wins.

You raise a good point. The club nursed that dill through a decade plus of his own self-inflicted wounds. He might want to reflect on that before he gobs on next time.

what a bunch of hypocrites, I can say bad things about DCE , but you can't....Choc has more right to pay out on DCE then any supporter on here, as he said DCE ruined it for everyone, he was there , he seen it all, you only read what was fed to you..!!

Interesting about 2 mins of a 40 odd minute podcast is the clickbait headline.
As I wrote earlier, he bagged Des, the board, Tooves and indirectly Wolfie too but they're not in the frame anymore.

And as for Chez wanting more money or boycotting training it would have been his manager that was agitating for that and if you respect your manager you'll take his advice as that is what you're paying him for.
Also factor in that he left Qld at 18 to play NYC for Manly and in his 2nd year helped win the minor premiership and along with Foz, JWH and Buhrer made the NYC team of the year (2009)
Then sent back to Q Cup to play reggies for us where they came third, was Rookie and Player of the year and captained the Qld Residents team. ( 2010 )
Topped off the next year with an NRL Premiership (2011)

So in the space of three years he went from a nobody to being named by the Rugby League International Federation in its annual awards as the world's best halfback for 2011. *thanks Wiki

If that had happened to most of us we would probably suffer from a big case of FIGJAM syndrome too.

I would think his manager wouldn't have been doing his job if he didn't stick his hand out and hold Manly over a barrel to get a substantial pay rise.
Yes, there's always the argument, just wait you'll get a pay rise soon but footballers are one injury away from it being all over so take it while you can.
I think the problem with Wolfman was that he wasn’t a f-ckwit (although betting on games wasn’t a good look) like Anthony.

Therefore the latter had trouble relating to the former.

DCE is cancer to this team
Disagree
Did you have that same thought after Manly won 54-0 against Eels?

Ok he is not playing at his best at the moment and ok for the coin he is on we expect perfection, however he took a deal that was offered to him, no KPIs (like the real world) he would have been an idiot not to accept it.

The blame falls squarely on the retention team who created the contract as well as any domino affect it (the contract) has caused.

I know alot of fans have rose coloured glasses on but this **** was bound to feister.
The culture of des was alot of young kids coped alot of beating learnt to win and played for each other which imo was similar to bellamy storm rebuild.
Our management have opted for the 1980s bozo style buy your way out of trouble with selfish players which is what we see on field at present.
Tell me why does killer, matai, gifty, snake and choc not want to help out ....

FORMER Manly player Anthony Watmough has unleashed an extraordinary tirade against current skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, accusing him of trying to hold the club up for money.
Watmough told the Hello Sport podcast the halfback told Watmough he wasn’t going to turn up to training unless he was given a better deal, and says Cherry-Evans “turned into a f***wit” after his first year in the NRL.

“I said to him ‘mate, you know what we’ve (the senior playing group) sacrificed to stay together, to be successful. Your time will come’ and he just looked me straight in the eye and went ‘nah, not turning up’. So I just went ‘f*** you’.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ead58f414e6e63b4e2bcfb7264203e97

Classic
Anthony , why did you leave Manly ?
Because you also got a better deal else where and good luck to you that you did as you were a professional footballer .
Now start acting like a gentleman so you can be respected like one .
The club does not need this rubbish from you now Anthony .
Just a word of advice . Don't let the past keep you being a bitter person . Move on and be a better person .
Just be quite and let us remember you for the champion player that you were .
SSH_30-09-2013_SHARED_23_29%20watmough_fct1025x773_ct300x225.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8